Worst Indian Ever?

davethailand

Just ordered through WOW from an indian called Little India and it was unbelievably bad, we ordered chicken rogan josh which was a bag of brown liquid with about 6 pieces of tasteless chicken in it, the wife had keema muttar which looked like baby food with again no taste and we also had chicken tikka which burnt and then probably microwaved. Everything including the naan breads were way too salty.

The curries of gone in the bin and the tikka has gone in the dogs and the rice is waiting for the new curries that I have just ordered through Door2Door as too be honest I don't like the look of the other indians on there either.

WOW's service was good but I really think that they need to sort this restaurant.

A quiet night in has turned into a dearer one than planned.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by davethailand

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great indian restaurant on Soi Bua Khao across the road from Soi Honey Inn? They do delivery. Why pay for door2door services when the actual restaurant will do delivery themselves. I do not have the phone number of the indian restaurant on Soi Bua Khao but I have eaten there many many times and always really enjoyed my meal. You can stop by and get a menu to take home with their phone number and call for delivery. Owner is very friendly also and delivers the food himself... Prices are also low. Give it a try!

A great indian restaurant on Soi Bua Khao across the road from Soi Honey Inn? They do delivery. Why pay for door2door services when the actual restaurant will do delivery themselves. I do not have the phone number of the indian restaurant on Soi Bua Khao but I have eaten there many many times and always really enjoyed my meal. You can stop by and get a menu to take home with their phone number and call for delivery. Owner is very friendly also and delivers the food himself... Prices are also low. Give it a try!

i think this is the same one i ate from before.......i say think because he moved from outside viewtalay1 condo to soi beukow a yr ago or maybe more. he(the owner) delivers himself and price good and food good(not the best ever but for the price good),its a small place and not too posh if its the same one.

a terrible indian place has opened on soi khao talo about half way up on the right......not cheap,slow to cook, keeniow with the meat,bland and was still hungry after my tiddly meal finally arived. no wonder its empty everytime i drive by.

always had a good meal at ali babas on central/klang road nrly opposite tops.

i think this is the same one i ate from before.......i say think because he moved from outside viewtalay1 condo to soi beukow a yr ago or maybe more. he(the owner) delivers himself and price good and food good(not the best ever but for the price good),its a small place and not too posh if its the same one.

a terrible indian place has opened on soi khao talo about half way up on the right......not cheap,slow to cook, keeniow with the meat,bland and was still hungry after my tiddly meal finally arived. no wonder its empty everytime i drive by.

Yes, Sounds like the same place as we heard he has moved there from Jomtien not long ago. Its not posh, just a shop with a few tables and chairs, no air con. However, I think their food is delicious (espcecially Chicken Tikka Masala) and Ive never had it anywhere else as good as them in Thailand.

Making my mouth water now.... :o

P.s They also do great popadoms with very tasty sauces, and Nan bread is to die for, dipped in the curry. Yummy.

there's a good indian place opposite exite on 2nd road. dont know if they deliver, think they are in door2door though.

used to be a fantastic indian place next to the food shops opposite pan pan down jomtien way. but they moved to somewhere :|

You're talking about 'Indian Kitchen', yes? This place must have gone downhill as when it first opened, a few months ago now, it wasn't at all bad. Not the best but as good as any in Central Pattaya. Was a bit pricey if I remember rightly. Never seems to have any customers these days.

If you have transport, take yourself out to the road that runs behind Mabprachan lake. There is an establishment there called the 'Fisherman's Rest' and attached to it is the 'Tandoori Garden'. Not posh, mainly outdoor eating, but possibly the best Indian food this side of Bangkok. It's actually run by a Pakistani family, or so I'm told. Portions are huge and prices are low. Try it - you will not be disappointed.

Making me feel hungry now. About 10km or so from my house but worth the trip every time.

DM :o

If you have transport, take yourself out to the road that runs behind Mabprachan lake. There is an establishment there called the 'Fisherman's Rest' and attached to it is the 'Tandoori Garden'. Not posh, mainly outdoor eating, but possibly the best Indian food this side of Bangkok. It's actually run by a Pakistani family, or so I'm told. Portions are huge and prices are low. Try it - you will not be disappointed.

Making me feel hungry now. About 10km or so from my house but worth the trip every time.

All the best Indian food are cooked by mostly Pakistani cooks or restaurants. Seems during partition they took all good recipes to Pakistan and left horrible ones in India. :D

All the best Indian food are cooked by mostly Pakistani cooks or restaurants. Seems during partition they took all good recipes to Pakistan and left horrible ones in India. :D

Not a lot of point in setting up a re-training programme for Indian tailors then!

DM :D

Sorry but for all Ali Baba supporters out there, their food is the worst I have ever tried in Thailand, despite the hype from some T.V members.

For great Pakistani/Indian/Arabic food, I recommend some of the Arab places in Arab town. Never had a bad meal and the prices are spot on. They offer several menus, you just need to tell them which of the menus you're interested in.

Had a great Indian dinner in Samui once, but cannot recall the name.

Indian By Nature, Jomtien area is expensive but atleast it tastes and looks authentic.

Cheers :o

Edited by jingjingna

there's a good indian place opposite exite on 2nd road. dont know if they deliver, think they are in door2door though.

used to be a fantastic indian place next to the food shops opposite pan pan down jomtien way. but they moved to somewhere :|

i think this is the one we were talking about in earlier posts that moved to soi beukhow from outside vt1, its a dive of a restaurant but food/price good .

as to poster who had terrible meal at ali baba then i suppose its down to the individuals taste .....i like indian food and rarely have a bad one even if others say it was bad who are with me at the time.....im hungry ,its edible and it nearly tastes same everywhere i think.

mantra has a selection of fine indian dishes that were tasty to me also,so maybe worth a try.

the only one i have really moaned about is the one on soi khao talo......a bit too bland and a small sized portion especially for the price. wont be going there again.

Sorry but for all Ali Baba supporters out there, their food is the worst I have ever tried in Thailand, despite the hype from some T.V members.

For great Pakistani/Indian/Arabic food, I recommend some of the Arab places in Arab town. Never had a bad meal and the prices are spot on. They offer several menus, you just need to tell them which of the menus you're interested in.

Had a great Indian dinner in Samui once, but cannot recall the name.

Indian By Nature, Jomtien area is expensive but atleast it tastes and looks authentic.

Cheers :o

I will back you up on the Ali Baba...tried it a couple of years ago...even then it was expensive for relatively

small portions and without any taste..but hey, great atmosphere if that's more important...

:D

• 3 weeks later...

The place on Soi Bukhao is called the Tikka centre, I've not been there since it moved (we've got good Indian by lake Mabprachan now :o ) but I thought they did a pretty decent curry for a good price- unlike several Indian restaurants in Pattaya that do an expensive crap curry.

Yes I won a free draw at an expats club which was a 500baht voucher for this place, same experience, food was awful and I will never returen, if I am unlucky enough to win this prize again I will give it to someone I dont like :o:D:D
Was second prize a voucher for 1000 :D

We have eaten at ali baba ( and the 40 thieves ) twice, the first time i thought it was no good but perhaps were were unlucky, it wasnt that, it just as bad the second time, popadoms are like plastic with spicy bird seed on,,nan bread with a pool of fat in it and the meal itself had so much salt that i drank our tank dry when i got home, no thanks, off to try the fisherman tonight on the dark side,.

The place on Soi Bukhao is called the Tikka centre, I've not been there since it moved (we've got good Indian by lake Mabprachan now :o ) but I thought they did a pretty decent curry for a good price- unlike several Indian restaurants in Pattaya that do an expensive crap curry.

Yes I agree with the above. The Tikka Centre on Soi Buakaow, always had a tasty Indian Meal there and reasonably priced, good service. Its not a posh place but the best Indian restaurent I have found for Pattaya.

The best Indian food hands down is on Soi 17 off of 2nd Road heading to 3rd, next to the Sikh temple and the "Ravi" Indian supermarket. It's small and cheap. It's not the fanciest place, but the best eateries I've found are always holes in the wall. Give it a try and you'll never go for Indian anywhere else.

If you're like me, and expect your Indian to be spicy as hel_l, they will oblige. Too many Indian restaurants will not make it spicy if they see a farang, even if they request it. There was this new place on Soi Khao Talo where I had to send my Vindaloo back three times to get it to about 20% of the spiciness I wanted.

Yes, Sounds like the same place as we heard he has moved there from Jomtien not long ago. Its not posh, just a shop with a few tables and chairs, no air con. However, I think their food is delicious (espcecially Chicken Tikka Masala) and Ive never had it anywhere else as good as them in Thailand.

Making my mouth water now.... :o

P.s They also do great popadoms with very tasty sauces, and Nan bread is to die for, dipped in the curry. Yummy.

I agree, this little Indian Restaurant is brilliant. I mentioned this place in another post last week.

I recently ate at a Jingly (Indian) restaurant called the Pepper located on beach road. Lovely view of the each but the food was expensive and utter <deleted>. I realy cant understand the mentality of these Indians they work so hard toget you in then serve up <deleted>. A bit like the suits they try to push with their contrived cockney accents :o

talking about the Taj in 3rd road, has anybody eaten there? Whenever I pass by the place it is deserted. The manager, however, is at each and every networking function I could think of and throws around his namecards.

Last time I saw him he said that they have a new special buffet on Fridays, 400 Baht per person which he advertised as very very cheap compared to the regular costs for his food. This prompted me to question him why Indian restaurants take the cake for being the most expensive national cuisine in Pattaya. He basically turned around and chatted someone else up.... :o

I can't let this thread die without another plug for the Fisherman's Rest on the Darkside.

All who have tried it have indicated that it is "probably the best Indian food in Pattaya" (along the same lines as Carlsberg being probably the best lager in the world :o )

An incredibly large menu spoils you for choice (there's got to be at least 6 different types of nan bread alone), and it is all freshly cooked by the resident Bangladesh chef and his family. If you have any special orders or want you food cooked in a particular way, he will come out and discuss with you.

For those of you who live in Pattaya City, why don't you try a trip out one day and enjoy the delights of East Pattaya, in a charming bar that fronts the lake?

You won't regret it.

And no, I don't have any personal interest, to which the esteemed Kurgen will attest. :D

talking about the Taj in 3rd road, has anybody eaten there? Whenever I pass by the place it is deserted. The manager, however, is at each and every networking function I could think of and throws around his namecards.

Last time I saw him he said that they have a new special buffet on Fridays, 400 Baht per person which he advertised as very very cheap compared to the regular costs for his food. This prompted me to question him why Indian restaurants take the cake for being the most expensive national cuisine in Pattaya. He basically turned around and chatted someone else up.... :o

I tried the taj once months ago and I found the food very bland and expensive, haven't been back. The food at the fisherman's rest is much better and a lot cheaper too.

It has always amazed me too why Indian food in Pattaya is so expensive as the cost of making it should be very similair to Thai food as most of the Ingredient's are already available in Thailand. The only dishes I would give exeption to would be the lamb dishes as lamb is expensive here.

You're talking about 'Indian Kitchen', yes? This place must have gone downhill as when it first opened, a few months ago now, it wasn't at all bad. Not the best but as good as any in Central Pattaya. Was a bit pricey if I remember rightly. Never seems to have any customers these days.

'Fisherman's Rest' and attached to it is the 'Tandoori Garden'

many people have different tastes to curry ,

i tried this one about 2 months ago. thought it was not all that good. the chef tried very hard to please so i'll give them marks for effort .. but give me a curry from sparkhill, birmingham UK anyday and it wins hands down