Pattaya One News Up To Their Old Tricks

Beacher

I thought I'd check out the latest journalistic (he said laughing) attempts at Pattaya One News. Their murder of the English language is hilarious. Does anybody there bother to read what's being put up on their web site before hitting the "Enter" button?

Here's a good one that showedup today. Headline reads: 12 year old girl reports attempted rape at Banglamung Police Station.

My first thought was that the police have gone way too far this time by attempting to rape a 12-year-old girl, especially at a police station (or anywhere for that matter) but then when I read the article, it bacame clear that they probably meant to say, "12 year old girl reports attempted rape TO Banglamung Police Station."

Wow, what a difference one little preposition can make -- totally changes the meaning.

"Wow, what a difference one little preposition can make -- totally changes the meaning."

And in Thailand you fret over something so trivial?

Thai journalists may not have your high standard of English.

I'm sorry you were so offended by my post.

I felt that by using the wrong prepostion in the headline of the story, the meaning changed greatly making their mistake quite funny (not something I was fretting over). Obviously you didn't see it that way and didn't hesitate to let me know. I must admit that I thought twice about making that post but hoped that others might see the humor.

I guess your harsh reply is the last straw for me and has certainly turned me off making any further posts here at TV forum. I hope that those who are brave enough to continue here meet your standards and don't prompt you to get too nasty with them. There are enough challenges and problems everyday in my life that I certainly don't need to log into TV forum to make me feel worse about things.

Adios,

Beacher

I thought I'd check out the latest journalistic (he said laughing) attempts at Pattaya One News. Their murder of the English language is hilarious. Does anybody there bother to read what's being put up on their web site before hitting the "Enter" button?

Here's a good one that showedup today. Headline reads: 12 year old girl reports attempted rape at Banglamung Police Station.

My first thought was that the police have gone way too far this time by attempting to rape a 12-year-old girl, especially at a police station (or anywhere for that matter) but then when I read the article, it bacame clear that they probably meant to say, "12 year old girl reports attempted rape TO Banglamung Police Station."

Wow, what a difference one little preposition can make -- totally changes the meaning.

No, i agree with you ,its just another example of the types here that are employed to do ( half ) a job,. and i saw that headline as "12 year old girl reports !" thats more like it and then we can forgive a little :o

I think for news on an english language website it's very important to get grammer and spelling correct. It's irrelavent that this is not an english speaking nation, the publication is supposed to be english language. They need a proof reader.

"Wow, what a difference one little preposition can make -- totally changes the meaning."

I felt that by using the wrong prepostion in the headline of the story, the meaning changed greatly making their mistake quite funny (not something I was fretting over). Obviously you didn't see it that way and didn't hesitate to let me know. I must admit that I thought twice about making that post but hoped that others might see the humor.

I guess your harsh reply is the last straw for me and has certainly turned me off making any further posts here at TV forum. I hope that those who are brave enough to continue here meet your standards and don't prompt you to get too nasty with them. There are enough challenges and problems everyday in my life that I certainly don't need to log into TV forum to make me feel worse about things.

Adios,

Beacher

dont go ! there are @ssholes everywhere, just ignore them, and be sorry for them as "they know not what they do " :o

I think for news on an english language website it's very important to get grammer and spelling correct. It's irrelavent that this is not an english speaking nation, the publication is supposed to be english language. They need a proof reader.

IRRELEVANT ! :o

Lose 2 House Points.

Adios,

Beacher

dont go ! there are @ssholes everywhere, just ignore them, and be sorry for them as "they know not what they do " :D

One :o doesn't make a forum

Adios,

Beacher

dont go ! there are @ssholes everywhere, just ignore them, and be sorry for them as "they know not what they do " :D

One :o doesn't make a forum

Here-here. I was not offended by the original OP in any way. Don't go...TV can be quite a good source of entertainment.

I agree. Don't go....just take a 7 day break from posting and then you might wish to come back again.

I agree. Don't go. I was mulling over whether to rant a bit

over a rag tourist bronchure/magazine "beyong rayong" published from Bangkok

which is so full of grammatical and spelling mistakes that one

might wonder if it wasn't a machine translation of Thai(though I think

machines can at least spell right).

If it is aiming for English speaking tourists then it is an insult to publish

such a rag.

do you want to tell someone who actually cares :D like howard who owns the company :o

Lose 2 House Points.

SAME SAME YOU!!........It's f---ing grammAr.

Now I'll have some nob on saying I'm petty and pedantic.

Lose 2 House Points.

SAME SAME YOU!!........It's f---ing grammAr.

Now I'll have some nob on saying I'm petty and pedantic.

You're just being petty and pedantic aren't you? :D