Non O Single In Non O Multi

:o Sorry, for questioning again!! :D

Could someone tell me if : once i have a single entry Non O single entry visa (mariage) what is the procedure to transform it in a Non O multi entry?

it is so hard to get a multi entry in SE Asia!!! :D

Thanx for your help.

It cannot be transformed into a multi entry. You must go to an embassy or consulate outside of Thailand (they say preferably your home country) to get a new one.

An option might be to get an extension of 1 year. In this instance, you (or your wife, or both) have to be earning B40K pm. If all your paperwork is in order and you have over B400,000 in a bank, KL will issue a multi entry 'O' visa.

Lite Beer, Lopburi 3, Crossy or other well-informed chappies will be able to answer you better.

Edited by jamesjdaly

It cannot be transformed into a multi entry. You must go to an embassy or consulate outside of Thailand (they say preferably your home country) to get a new one.

An option might be to get an extension of 1 year. In this instance, you (or your wife, or both) have to be earning B40K pm. If all your paperwork is in order and you have over B400,000 in a bank, KL will issue a multi entry 'O' visa.

Lite Beer, Lopburi 3 or other well-informed chappies will be able to answer you better.

Sorry , not needed.

KL Seems the best bet for a Multi Non O as you say.

Lite Beer, Lopburi 3 or other well-informed chappies will be able to answer you better.

Sorry , not needed.

KL Seems the best bet for a Multi Non O as you say.

I agree I got it there

I called KL and they said :" the multi entries visa non Immigrant O is issued only to work permit owners. For all others a single entry is issued"

That was yesterday!! i explain all i could, maried.... they will give me a single only.

Yes i meet the 40K requierement.
You only need a single entry then.

You can go to your local immigration dept and apply for an Extension of Permission to Stay on the basis of family under National Police Order 606/2549.
7.17 In case of the foreign national is the member of the Thai national's family (Only for Father, Mother, Husband or Wife, ordinary child, adopted child or the child of the marriage couple.)

Each time of permission shall be granted for the period not exceeding 1 year.

Criteria

(1) Foreigner obtains VISA for the temporary stay and

(2) There is any proof of the relationship and,

(3) In case of the marriage couple, the parties required to have both practical and legal relationship or,

(4) In case of the ordinary child, adopted child, child of the marriage couple, these person need to be single/never married and has never lived as a part of the family before, and shall not be older than 20 years old, or

(5) In case of Father or Mother, the said father or mother shall be not younger than 50 years old.

(6) In case of the applicant who is married to a Thai wife, one of them or both of them need to have the total annual income that is averaged out not less than 40,000 Baht per month. Except for the case that the said foreign national has entered Thailand before this Order is enforced and the foreign national has been permitted to stay in the Kingdom by the result of having married to a Thai wife, then if the applicant does not have the said income, then, the latest 3 months records of the account book of any Bank in Thailand with the account name of either or both parties need to have the amount of money not less than 400,000 Baht.

Required Documents

1. Application Form.

2. Copy of the passport of the applicant.

3. Copy of the proof of relationship such as marriage evidences, birth certificate, certificate of child

adoption registration, copy of census registration, certificate of adopted child adoption registration, or other papers issued by the related official organization or government agencies.

4. The evidences of having Thai nationality of the marriage couple, father, mother, ordinary child, or adopted child such as ID Card, census registration, or other papers issued by the related official organization or government agencies.

5. According to the Criterion No. 6, the applicant is required to attach the certificate of having the savings in the bank account of any Bank in Thailand and copy of the bank account, or evidences of personal income of either party or both that shows the total income of both parties not less than 40,000 Baht per month, such as the evidence of the personal income tax filing and the receipt, evidence of being a pensioner, credentials of receiving the interest of the saving money, or the evidences of having other income from other related organizations.

I called KL and they said :" the multi entries visa non Immigrant O is issued only to work permit owners. For all others a single entry is issued"

That was yesterday!! i explain all i could, maried.... they will give me a single only.

Eh? :oAre you/they sure about this? I mean, an O is not intended for business purposes!!! 'O' is for others and not for business or education etc.

Eh? :oAre you/they sure about this? I mean, an O is not intended for business purposes!!! 'O' is for others and not for business or education etc.

yes i am sure of that!!

I ask for a multi entry non O visa based on mariage, then he asked me if i had a work permit, i said NO, as i work outside Thailand Offshore, then he replied that i can only have a single entry. I asked again and he confirm that even married to a Thai national i can ONLY get a single or a multiple if i own a work permit.

i called here : + 60321488222 the visa service in KL.

:D

yes i am sure of that!!

I ask for a multi entry non O visa based on mariage, then he asked me if i had a work permit, i said NO, as i work outside Thailand Offshore, then he replied that i can only have a single entry. I asked again and he confirm that even married to a Thai national i can ONLY get a single or a multiple if i own a work permit.

i called here : + 60321488222 the visa service in KL.

:D

you must have talked to the wrong person I guess I went end of August to KL applied for a multiple non O, nobody ever ask me for work permit or money in the bank and I got mine the next day

with no problems at all

I got a Non Imm 'O' at the start of August but they asked me for my bank book to show funds (over 400K I presume). I took the usual guff....

* blue house book (tabien baan)

* marriage certificate

* letter of invitation from wife

* wife's Thai ID card (copy)

* wife's passport (copy)

I even took a medical certificate (better safe than sorry!!) but they never asked for it. After giving them all the above, they asked for my bank book, which I then showed them. The next day, I got a multi 'B' visa (even though I asked for an 'O').

Has KL joined the ranks of not giving multi entries now? :o

Edited by jamesjdaly

That was my experience at the Chicago USA Thai Consulate also...single-entry 90-day. "You have to apply for extension in Thailand".

Hi guys... why IO embark your self in usual crap trips don't you go to Melbourne... I've been there non drama at all, no Q and it takes just few minutes!

Jetstar http://www.jetstar.com/th/en/index.html has got incredible promotions, I personally paid 15000 baht round trip, then you can book for a B&B in St. Kilda, the area where the Consulate is.

You can apply for your Australian multi entry visa on line at https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETA/ETAInput.jsp?language=En , 20 bucks and it is good for one year!

Beautiful town and excellent service by the guys at the consulate!

Cheers... :o

PS: I'm working neither for Jetstar nor for an Australian pro-tourism organization :D

Not true, I'm 50+ and have a non O -A M visa

issused by the Thai Embassy in my home country.

The only work I do is walking to the beach and back.

Last year I've got an O multiple entry visa in the Thai consulate of my home town. The only thingh I had to show was my Thai marriage certificate, 2 day's later I could pick it up. That I'm 59 years old and already 33 year married was maybe the reason why it was so easy.

Its more easy if you have been married for some years I have use a non-o multiple for 5 years now

This is bull I went end of August and I got a non O multiple one with no problems at all and I did not have to prove any income or show them my bank book at all I talked to many guys who applied at the same time as me and not one got refused

I got mine end of August and had no problems at all

Edited by fred2007

Hi guys... why IO embark your self in usual crap trips don't you go to Melbourne... I've been there non drama at all, no Q and it takes just few minutes!

Jetstar http://www.jetstar.com/th/en/index.html has got incredible promotions, I personally paid 15000 baht round trip, then you can book for a B&B in St. Kilda, the area where the Consulate is.

You can apply for your Australian multi entry visa on line at https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETA/ETAInput.jsp?language=En , 20 bucks and it is good for one year!

PS: I'm working neither for Jetstar nor for an Australian pro-tourism organization :D

Was that a long time ago & are you not including the taxes? Now, the price is almost double that, even in 5 mths time.

Not true, I'm 50+ and have a non O -A M visa

issused by the Thai Embassy in my home country.

The only work I do is walking to the beach and back.

I can confirm what Skipper says. I was recently granted a 12 month multiple entry Non-O (Marriage) in Singapore, no problem. I have a Singapore work permit but no Thai work permit.

There is confusion though. Whilst in the queue at the Thai Embassy, a woman was checking applicant's documents before they got to the counter. She told me they cannot issue a 12 month visa, only 3 month, and that I would have to extend once I got to Thailand. I thanked her for the information, applied anyway, and was given the 12 month with no question.

So, basically, ignore what you are told, and apply anyway.

Good luck,

Mike

Edit> Thinking some more, perhaps in your cas she meant a Malaysian work permit; that they offer full consular service if you live/work in Malaysia, but not if you are only there to use the Thai Embassy.

Edited by phibunmike

...I can confirm what Skipper says. I was recently granted a 12 month multiple entry Non-O (Marriage) in Singapore, no problem. I have a Singapore work permit but no Thai work permit.

I believe it depends on the situation of the applicant. Skipper applied in his home country. You say that you have a Singaporean work permit, which indicates that you reside in the country where you applied.

The people who have difficulty getting a multiple-entry non-O visa in the region to visit family (Thai wife) are those whose passport history indicates that they live full-time in Thailand on back-to-back visas. Probably assuming that these people or their wives must be earning some money somehow and somewhere to defray their cost of living the Thai consulate in Singapore, and many other consulates in the region, are encouraging them to get an extension of stay in Thailand.

--

Maestro

I can confirm what Skipper says. I was recently granted a 12 month multiple entry Non-O (Marriage) in Singapore, no problem. I have a Singapore work permit but no Thai work permit.

There is confusion though. Whilst in the queue at the Thai Embassy, a woman was checking applicant's documents before they got to the counter. She told me they cannot issue a 12 month visa, only 3 month, and that I would have to extend once I got to Thailand. I thanked her for the information, applied anyway, and was given the 12 month with no question.

Good luck,

Mike

I am personally VERY glad to hear that - my multiple 'O' comes up for renewal in November but I continue to live/work in Singapore on an 'Employment Pass'...

... however, I agree it is going to be zero percent use for the majority of those living in Thailand off funds earned / held elsewhere. Seems home country trips becoming only option - with the occasional Russian roulette chance of getting one in the region if & when KL / Penang / Singapore / Other (delete as appropriate) are feeling in a generous mood! :o

CC

Hang on a sec.......

Balou: you said that you called the KL embassy on the 17th September (ie a few days ago) and they said "the multi entries visa non Immigrant O is issued only to work permit owners. For all others a single entry is issued"

Fred: you said you got your at the end of August.

Maybe the policy has changed since the end of August and KL are now on the 'Single Entry only' bandwagaon.

Anyone else been there or phoned within the last few days? KL used to be a goldmine!! Would be sorry to lose it!! :o

Edited by jamesjdaly

I think the wrong information is being given out because of confusion on reading the rules posted on the KL embassy web site.

If the person you are talking to on the phone is reading the following.

Non-Immigrant Visa “O” (Thai Spouse/ Children)

Required documents are the same as above except no.7. (above is for getting a visa for medical treatment0

- Marriage certificate or birth certificate is required

- Copy of Thai spouse’s ID card and family record book with signature on each page

Above No. 7. Airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number and date of entry

Above includes a No. 6.

6.1 Company employee must prepare company work certificate

(Busines card is not acceptable)

6.2 Self-employed applicant must prepare business registration/licens

(original)

6.3 Student must prepare guarantee letter from university or student card

(Copy of parent’s ID card and proof of parent’s profession)

6.4 Pensioner must prepare bank statement or pension fund

Item 6 is clearly meant for residents of Malaysia

Also above there is No. 8. Medical Certificate from Hospital in Thailand

Link: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1387.php?&id=2882

• 2 weeks later...

Was that a long time ago & are you not including the taxes? Now, the price is almost double that, even in 5 mths time.

Today!These fares are exclusive of SFT's (Surcharge, Fuel, Taxes). From 6900bt one way.

You sure got a bargain. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck,

Mike

Mike - I need to renew my multi 'O' in the next month or so. I live and work in Singapore (Employment Pass) - exactly what paperwork did you show at the Thai Embassy, Singapore, to renew your visa? I assume the relevant pages from your passport and a copy of your FIN (green) card, plus a copy of your wedding certificate and/or a copy of your wife's Thai ID card? Any letter from your employer in Singapore? The embassy used to want to see a bank statement showing equivalent of Bt 400k+ ... was this still required?

Thanks,

CC

Edit: typo

Edited by Captain Chaos