Good Bike Mechanic Udon

ray23

This is not one of those things I do often for very good reason. Every time I have done it in the past it ended up wiht the mechanic starting to play the farrang rpricing junk. I talked with him before I did this I explained to him what I was goign to do. That more then likely he would get business form it. I told him about what happened in the past. The end result being the mechanic loosing good cutomers. So I have been asssured he will continue on wiht the Thai pricing.

But, we have to do our part as well. If you use his shop, please don't through money areond like it's water. Don't compare prices to your home country, your not there your in Thailand. Yuo want to tip him remember where you are don't be breaking out those 500 baht bills. Unless he has really done one heck of a lot of work for you and there is good reason.

I've used him about six times and have tipped in line to the work twice. The tips or lack of never changed his approach to the work. So not neccessary and only causes problems for those of us who live here on fixed incomes. It takes years to find guys like this. People trusted me and let me know about the guy as a source of tires. He can do much more so don't screw it up.

If you have a big bike the parts won't be on hand he will order them from Bangkok usually there the next day. So far he has met every comittment he has made to me including doing the work in the time frame he said he would.

He is not least expensive mechaninc in Udon nor the most expensive. His work is impressive. He has two young helpers the techinical stuff he does himself. Sometimes they clean a project up for him simple things. They are not him and they can make mistakes. Everytime that has happened he has cleaned up the problem no charge. So no complaint on my end.

He is located across the street from the Udon Police Station, me and directions north I think.

Name of the Shop it will be in Thai and beleive me, a hole in the wall place. He only speaks a little english.

Teknik Yaan Yon

081-708-7558

042-212066

I have a Phantom and am interested in having a custom made luggage rack added to the back. Someone once mentioned to me a shop in Udon near the police station. Wondering if the shop mentioned in this thread is the one or if not, does anyone in the area know where it is?

another one to the list

one of the best bike mech i know is now, not in udon,

he's moved to loei

reasonably good english

never a farang price even though he knows what could be charged

excellent workmanship

road and dirt

pm me for details if you need someone in this area

No the guy in the thread doesn't do luggage racks. There is one in Udon but is custom fabrication and will take weeks. Since you live Korat might not work out for you.

another one to the list

one of the best bike mech i know is now, not in udon,

he's moved to loei

reasonably good english

never a farang price even though he knows what could be charged

excellent workmanship

road and dirt

pm me for details if you need someone in this area

No the guy in the thread doesn't do luggage racks. There is one in Udon but is custom fabrication and will take weeks. Since you live Korat might not work out for you.

Well you are right, I didn't want to wait "weeks". I was planning on being in Udon and was hoping to be able to order on day 1 and pick it up on day 2. The rack I saw in Nong Khai was quite nice and "simple". The guy said he had it made in Udon, near the police station, but he didn't mention what time frame to complete the job. Oh well.

Ken that could be somethign different, I don't know everything about Udon, it's a pretty big place. But nothing around the Police station. There is a Phantom shop by the rail road tracks, that you can order after market parts from and he probably can help you out with stock parts. The quality is not goign to be the same but in the end they will do the same thing. My back rack and sissy bar is so strong that it survived a direct hit from a pickup to side at the rear. The bike flew sideways for 20 meters and it was just fine. It went on to be used on two more bikes with slight modifications. As a matter of fact the sissy bar is on my current bike.

To find the Phantom shop from the train station go towards AEK just before the light on the right side two doors from the corner.

If he doesn't have it in stock and he can order it. That should fit your time schedule. An hour installation at most.

Ken that could be somethign different, I don't know everything about Udon, it's a pretty big place. But nothing around the Police station. There is a Phantom shop by the rail road tracks, that you can order after market parts from and he probably can help you out with stock parts. The quality is not goign to be the same but in the end they will do the same thing. My back rack and sissy bar is so strong that it survived a direct hit from a pickup to side at the rear. The bike flew sideways for 20 meters and it was just fine. It went on to be used on two more bikes with slight modifications. As a matter of fact the sissy bar is on my current bike.

To find the Phantom shop from the train station go towards AEK just before the light on the right side two doors from the corner.

If he doesn't have it in stock and he can order it. That should fit your time schedule. An hour installation at most.

Ray, thanks for that info. I think I will check it out this coming Tuesday. I can find the train station on my Udon Map, but sorry, I don't know what your abbreviation "AEK" stands for???

Ray, is that shop your referring to ,the one opposite the cop shop or opposite the jail.?

Khun Too just down from the new Ruysak Hotel is the best spanner man I found in Udon,he does all the Super bikes around the place,he is about the only one I found who can tune multi carb bikes. Speaks pretty good Englisi. :o