BKK90210

britmaveric
(thaivisitor @ 2005-12-13 20:16:05)

(Mighty Mouse @ 2005-12-13 07:23:03)

1. Statistics indicate that about 50% of all marriages end in divorce.

2. Asian women living in third world countries have difficulty in finding all of those qualities in a fellow country man.

3. Men from Western society are perceived by Asian women as being in a much better position to provide the comforts that they desire, so Western men are considered by many females as a good catch. Love is not the main initial attraction.

4. Western men also believe (rightly or wrongly) that they are better placed to be able to provide a better standard of living for a third world Asian wife.

Maybe you can back your statements with some references to an official survey or something like that?

At least it will be more convincing and readers here will know that this is not just your own assumptions.

http://www.divorcereform.org/gul.html

Divorce rate per 1000 marriages :Thailand 0.9 (95)

So, where on this page does it verify the other 4 claims the poster is making?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"why those beautiful thai women will fall for us,farangs"

1)  Good thai guys...are not handsome

2)  Handsome thai guys ...are bad

3)  Good thai guys, with good looking... are all married

4)  Good, handsome thai bachelors...are not high calibered

5)  Good, handsome, rich thai bachelors...they look down upon us

6)  Good, handsome, rich thai bachelors - who are interested in us...are all playboys

AND..

7)  Good, handsome, rich thai bachelors - who are interested in us...that are not  playboys........are gays

After been watching too many asian movies, many buckets of tear, and countless trips to the bathroom...those are why the girls so into us, HAN-SUM farangs.

One of the above should apply to you! :o

Sometimes I am too naive...

or...

maybe...

you are so good because you do this kind of things often...

The blue bits are posted from a female perspective and the "us" Hansum farang was a bit tongue in cheek

2. Asian women living in third world countries have difficulty in finding all of those qualities in a fellow country man.

3. Men from Western society are perceived by Asian women as being in a much better position to provide the comforts that they desire, so Western men are considered by many females as a good catch. Love is not the main initial attraction.

4. Western men also believe (rightly or wrongly) that they are better placed to be able to provide a better standard of living for a third world Asian wife.

Maybe you can back your statements with some references to an official survey or something like that?

At least it will be more convincing and readers here will know that this is not just your own assumptions.

http://www.divorcereform.org/gul.html

Thnaks for the link.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it shows that there are only 4 (Belarus, Finland, Sweden, and USA) out of 43 countries that have divorce rates of more than 50 out of 100 marriages. And Thialand has a divorce rate of 0.9 out of 1000 people. So how did the 50% came about?

And what about no 2, 3 & 4? any links for that?

6)  Good, handsome, rich thai bachelors - who are interested in us...are all playboys

AND..

7)  Good, handsome, rich thai bachelors - who are interested in us...that are not  playboys........are gays

After been watching too many asian movies, many buckets of tear, and countless trips to the bathroom...those are why the girls so into us, HAN-SUM farangs.

or...

maybe...

The blue bits are posted from a female perspective and the "us" Hansum farang was a bit tongue in cheek

got you...

but also I was pulling your leg... :D

Here are a couple...

1) Thai gals like the thrill of being checked on by private investigators hired by falang husbands who aren't entirely convinced by self-reassuring threads like this on the net.

2) "He's my brother" usually doesn't work when explaining indiscretions to the local lads.

:o

AND..

or...

maybe...

got you...

Bugger.....now my pants wont fit..... :D

AND..

or...

maybe...

got you...

Bugger.....now my pants wont fit..... :D

:D

Not sure if my opinion matters here (since it seems to be targeted to farangs), but here are my 2 Bahts: -

I fell for my farang boyfriend because of a.) his Irish accent, lol, and b.) his quirky sense of humour............and the fact that he likes Futurama. :o

Not sure if my opinion matters here (since it seems to be targeted to farangs), but here are my 2 Bahts: -

I fell for my farang boyfriend because of a.) his Irish accent, lol, and b.) his quirky sense of humour............and the fact that he likes Futurama.  :D

You're so easy, maimaj!! :D Thanks for taking all of the complexity out of the topic. :o

So SOME girls here find YOU attractive.  Whoop-de-doo.  I'm really happy for you, but let me clue you in on something.  There's over THIRTY MILLION women in this country, PLENTY of them DON'T want to date farangs,... at.... all.

( Heck my wife didn't even wanna talk with me when we first met, and I kept on trying for 6 weeks. Other than what she needed to tell me in her work related capacity, I was a useless distraction. But I'm a persistent sob and the next year on my two month vacation I went to her place of work and started anew in my effort to ensnare her with my charms (sure as heck ain't my looks) Toward the 4th week she consented to go out. Sheesh cost me a bit to pay for her girl friends who came along as bodyguards or so it appeared to me. I don't need any chaparones, but she felt she did.

Anyway after 4 years of wedded bliss, I could not be happier with my Thai wife.

No I didn't have any problem with my local ladies, goodness knows I went through a passle of them with more than 20 years between marriages. And I wasn't looking for a wife in Thailand, I was always looking for short term companions, not a lasting relationship. But I sit here typing a contented old dog, knowing the lassie I cut out of the herd, was the best choice for me.)

I fell for my farang boyfriend because of a.) his Irish accent, lol, and b.) his quirky sense of humour............and the fact that he likes Futurama.  :D

See!! I told you guys! Apparently, that Irish accent is a real lady-killer :D. Good for those boys I guess, since they ain't got much else going for them :o ! Heheh!

But thai girls are liars. Marrying a foreigner is an easy way out. Dont believe their lies of thai men are bad, I like british accent, I love you. They would not know what your humour is or how you speak if they didnt look for you in the first place. And why would they look for you in the first place?

But on the other hand why do they not look for black people or arabians? So maybe some kind of race is prefered. ITS because they are affraid of black/arabian people. They think they are mean and angry people. I laugh at their ignorance just like I laugh at those who celebrate christmas but do not the true meaning of christmas. Thai girls are a bunch of western wannabes

But thai girls are liars. Marrying a foreigner is an easy way out. Dont believe their lies of thai men are bad, I like british accent, I love you. They would not know what your humour is or how you speak if they didnt look for you in the first place. And why would they look for you in the first place?

But on the other hand why do they not look for black people or arabians? So maybe some kind of race is prefered. ITS because they are affraid of black/arabian people. They think they are mean and angry people. I laugh at their ignorance just like I laugh at those who celebrate christmas but do not the true meaning of christmas. Thai girls are a bunch of western wannabes

Possibly the most grossly inaccurate and sweeping generalisation that Ive heard on ThaiVisa for quite a while...

TROLL :o

The Family Law Act was passed in December 1975 and a look at the table below will show just how many Australian families have been affected.

Year Marriages Divorces Divorce Rate % Average length

of Marriages

1971 117,637 N/A N/A

1973 N/A 16,226 N/A

1974 110,673 17,744 16.03 N/A

1975 N/A 24,307 11.8 years

1984 108,655 43,124 39.69 10.6

1985 115,493 39,830 34.49 10.6

1991 113,869 45,630 40.07 10.3

1992 114,752 45,665 39.79 10.5

1993 113,255 48,324 42.67 10.7

1994 111,174 48,256 43.40 10.9

1995 109,386 49,666 45.40 11.0

1996 106,100 52,500 49.48 11.0

These are the Australian divorce statistics that I was referring to.

You can read the full article here: http://www.mensrights.com.au/page11b.htm

Other countries are also listed.

With regard to the other points made by me, they are what I tend to believe. I have no statistics to back up my thoughts.

Perhaps you can produce statistics that prove my thoughts wrong.

<deleted>?? :o

<deleted>?? :o

Did fanta rood just paint a big, red "X" on his back or what? BambinA replied best: "Speechless" Ignorance truly knows no bounds. :D

Going back to the original poster why why why...answers abound

- imbalance of men to women in Thailand (road toll, monks, gay population)

- cultural expectation and desire to have children is quite strong

- some issue of women going for easy money (not just farang, but also Japanese, Korean, etc)

- some groups believe that westerners/Japanese/etc etc are better than Thai men

- some fall in love and the person happens to be not Thai

If demanded, I would guess that group number 3 far outnumbers group number 4, but that most foreigners spending a decent amount of time here would tend to end up with the last group. But overall I'd say most Thai people are perfectly happy to marry Thai and aren't looking outside their group; although of course the final group are part of that majority.

Group number 4 is fairly small IMHO, and the line given is often the result of the desire to tell people what they want to hear (and also to repeat what they want to believe) hence...@I do not like Thai men because.....@

Funnily enough most often heard in bars, and places of ill repute... yet when asked more questions...well many have a Thai boyfriend or partner somewhere in the background....kind of undoes the point a bit..... Then you have certain socialites who could not land a quality guy anymore and end up with foreigners, but again they are highly visible but definitely in the minority.

Based on my personal experience as a 1/2 Thai growing up in a western country.... the vast majority of Thai women married to westerners and remotely close to my age seemed remarkably keen to cheat on their partners with me or other Thais there... not the ideal proof that 'foreigners are better, and so wonderful'

Actually, a fair few of the foreigners I know with Thai partners here have the same issue - attraction/getting married is one thing, but keeping things going is hard without a shared cultural base.....

why do you want to know?

Just imagine that you ask your woman and she say...

Because of your wallet...then what?

My rule: If you don´t want to know don´t ask.

Some women woll like you for your wallet, some because you are hansome, some because you are nice, some because they have nobody else...

There is nothing special about you farang men as a whole...there is something special in any of you as a person.

Edited by Glauka

well .. if  you wanna  talk  a bout  big  willy .. white  people might have that advantage ..

but the nature is not that cruel .. in asian males have  compensate  thing ..  when  erection..

white =  soft hardon

asian = hard  hardon

am i right? :o

(anyway the  big deal is not a  thing in your pants ..but its just a  thing in  your  skull and  in your  chest)

What about white asians like me? :D

I'm not rich and not that handsome anymore (the beer and sex catches up with you quickly when consumed in excess :D )...but have/had lots of mutually consented sex (not bgs :D So, anyway I assume this thread is directed to those who choose life-long mates/ marriage, etc.

Some Thai women are attracted to western men, just like some (did I say some? Maybe many is more accurate) western men are attracted to Asian girls. Pure and simple, physical desire..That's the initial. love, bank accounts, opportunities, all that stuff comes second.

Many Thai women as well as Farang men already have target groups of mates set out that lead them into cross/cultural relationships. The financial, opportunities, and willy size aren't the drive for a majority. If that were the case, then Thai girls would be hanging up posters of a Nigerian prince instead of David Beckham, Nelson Mandella instead of James dean, etc. etc. etc.

The physical attraction is initial. So if you don't have the physical attributes to acquire your target, that's where charm and persistent comes in.

As far as Pudge, if that's you and your wife in your avatar, then I'll make an example out of you. You said a lot about liking/loving/ eachother for who you are..personality, etc.

Maybe that's how it worked out in the long run, but it was the physical attraction initially that got you in her pants or hers in yours, however it worked out. Had you been the same exact person/experience/personality/career only with this face and body

post-19605-1134553856_thumb.jpg

Would your wife even have given you the time of day? Likely not

Edited by greenwanderer108

I believe that there are many Thai ladies who want a farang husband and it is possible to find love with these girls.

But lets face it....like their western counterparts they want the best deal they can find, someone who will love them and someone who can support them. One of the first 5 questions any woman will ask upon meeting a man is "what do you do for a living?"...... you can almost bet that if she calculates that she earns more than you or that you have little prospects, she will be chatting to the next guy up the bar. They want to know that you can support them while they are having kiddies and doing the home thing. Cant blame them for that.

Thai women are no different, they want to know that if they make the big move, new country and new life that you are able to support them financially. After all they are taking a big gamble too.

There are many reasons why Thai girls go for farang guys, it is rarely for love alone...financial security, a better life etc... as I said "no different to any other girl in the world"

This is exactly the type of post that causes these types of threads to get closed.

Please keep it civil and do not post derogatory generalizations.