BKK90210

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I also believe that the bad reputation of Thai men is 1 of the main reasons for Thai girls to look for a falang, more so then falang's characteristics ...

Check out 'Private Dancer' by Steven Leather. It can be downloaded from the author's website.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read it, the characters and situations are sooo familiar, from the embittered farang who has nothing but contempt for any Thai woman, to the gullible farang who refuses to accept the truth even when it is shoved in his face.

Anyway, it answers the question perfectly.

well, I also believe that the bad reputation of Thai men is 1 of the main reasons for Thai girls to look for a falang, more so then falang's characteristics ...

you mean, the demand of unknown Thai husbands to give him all she gets from the Farang?

While I will admit that the average farang tourist who has an itch to scratch probably does find relief in the bar scene, that is hardly the case for most men here. It has been years since I have sampled any of the bar scene wares, and most of the farang men I know are the same.

The only farangs in Thailand that I have known in 20 years to completely stop fooling around were simply too cheap to pay for it. A lot of them would hide their behavior very well (only fool around when out of town), but they never stopped womanizing completely until their weeenies stopped working.

A faithful husband around here is about as common as Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

they never stopped womanizing completely until their weeenies stopped working.

A faithful husband around here is about as common as Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. :D

Sir,you stay in Thailand long time,so i believe your statement is correct.

We can say,by principle,that the only faithful husband is the dead-weenie husband :)

While I will admit that the average farang tourist who has an itch to scratch probably does find relief in the bar scene, that is hardly the case for most men here. It has been years since I have sampled any of the bar scene wares, and most of the farang men I know are the same.

The only farangs in Thailand that I have known in 20 years to completely stop fooling around were simply too cheap to pay for it. A lot of them would hide their behavior very well (only fool around when out of town), but they never stopped womanizing completely until their weeenies stopped working.

A faithful husband around here is about as common as Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. :)

Ah, Ulyssses, I think you misunderstood me.  I never wrote that men who live here don't fool around.  I just wrote that many men who live here don't frequent the bar scene.  There is plenty of fooling around available which is not bar scene-related.

And I am sure, by law of averages, if nothing else, that there are some men here who don't fool around.  But if you take the accepted figures of men in the US who fool around (or the number of women who fool around, for that matter) and transpose those figures to men here, then yes, the majority of men would be fooling around at least little.

Pudgimelon has a very valid point in that there are people of any culture who tend to look towards people of another culture/ethnicity as a better match.  In the US, there are women who fantasize about French or Italian lovers, men who fantasize about Asian or Latina women, white women who fantasize about African-American men, etc.

I think part of that is because the people of their own cultural group with whom they may have dated inthe past have not met with their ideolized dream of what that the perfect match might be.  So they project their ideolized attributes onto another subset of potential mates.

I have heard from women in Thailand, the Philippines, Japan, Korea, Columbia, Russia, and Costa Rica that American men are better husbands because they don't fool around after marriage.  Now, most members of TV know that isn't the case, but the fact is that these women all had that perception.  

And the foreign factor can let the fantasy play out longer.  If a person goes out with their fantasy date, and that date is someone from his or her own country, but perhaps a different ethnic or social-economic group, well, the common language will help dispel myths one might have about that sub-culture.  But when dealing with a foreign group, the language problems may help to hide the truth.  A man who thinks Asian women are subservient, when faced with a shy woman who does not speak his language well, he will have a harder time discovering that an Asian woman is no more subservient than any other woman.  Or the Thai woman who thinks her new farang husband is a polite, generous, gentleman will have a longer time to figure out he is just a dull lout who likes to drink beer and watch sports on the television.

Being attracted to a foreign allows us to transpose what we desire onto an entire group of people, whether that transposition is a valid one or not.

I am a thai woman and i will answer that Im not fall for farang but I love "BIG NOSE" and I hope to have a "BIG NOSE" kid in the future Kaaaa !!!

I think big nose and big..hmmm...- those two things Thai women like in farang. :D Oh, and money of course :)

I am a thai woman and i will answer that Im not fall for farang but I love "BIG NOSE" and I hope to have a "BIG NOSE" kid in the future Kaaaa !!!

This hits on another major reason, I think, that some Thai women are attracted to white farangs.  The standard of beauty in Thailand includes longer, straighter noses and lighter skin. One way to get lighter skin or straigher noses for a child is to have a white farang provide his genes to the mix. Luk Kreungs, while they can bear the brunt of some discrimination, are generally perceived as being good-looking.

So if a woman wishes to have what she thinks of as an attractive child, finding a white farang father makes perfect sense.

Edited by bonobo

I think big nose and big..hmmm...- those two things Thai women like in farang. :D Oh, and money of course :D

Yea! In my home country I was a poor ba.... with a small d..... Here I am a rich guy with a big d.... :D

BTW I am light blond, blue-gray eyes, Nordic, and my wife is pregnant! She want a girl. I say" so you hope have a howling, crying sope movie star one day he..?"

( One time I borrow a Thai "blue movie". She has never been with a Thai man, :) and when she see that little bean on the "actors", she LoL the rest of the night)! :D

At the end of the day thai woman see us nothing more than a walking atm when that bank runs out simply open another account. Can Any thai woman on here tell me or other members why a 20+ young girl would want to marry a older guy in his 50-60s is it for love. I know many thai girls have married falang just to get there new home the new car the passport and low and behold a few years down the line there in there new house with the family having moved out of the village shack and the Han-sum falang is back in falangistan with <deleted> all. no money no job and no wife. This happens more and more now as the girls are being taught how to brighten up there and there family's way of life. One More question where in thailand are the best scam artists from.

At the end of the day thai woman see us nothing more than a walking atm when that bank runs out simply open another account. Can Any thai woman on here tell me or other members why a 20+ young girl would want to marry a older guy in his 50-60s is it for love. I know many thai girls have married falang just to get there new home the new car the passport and low and behold a few years down the line there in there new house with the family having moved out of the village shack and the Han-sum falang is back in falangistan with <deleted> all. no money no job and no wife. This happens more and more now as the girls are being taught how to brighten up there and there family's way of life. One More question where in thailand are the best scam artists from.

Shame on you!! Farang men are incredibly attractive 'cos of their long nose and pale skin.

Why else would the b'g's keep telling them 'you so hansum'!

We may think the men in question fall far short of that standard but, the Thai women obviously feel otherwise. (Albeit not the educated, wealtlhy Thai women).

At the end of the day thai woman see us nothing more than a walking atm...

I think you're giving a lot of folks too much credit since a fully loaded atm can have anywhere from 9500 to 12,000+ bills. Maybe "a walking ATM after Songkran/payday/President's day" is the average.

:)

Shame on you!! Farang men are incredibly attractive 'cos of their long nose and pale skin.

We may think the men in question fall far short of that standard but, the Thai women obviously feel otherwise. (Albeit not the educated, wealtlhy Thai women).

And the European women who marry the handsome rich Arabs with their big hooked noses and dark skin.....oh and fat wallets!!!!

What people state in terms of women looking for financial security, is prevalent all over the world.....perhaps more obvious in Thailand only because of the availability of the richer older white skinned western tourist.

Do all women the world over on low income tend to take into account the ability of their partner to provide before marriage....I would say the majority yes....in my opinion.....

The L in love stands for 'long may he take care of me'........yes this action is part of love......isn't it?

For every horror story there are hundreds of guys out there having a ball...... :) ...great isn't it?

Lets have a big cheer for all those handsum men boosting the Thai economy

Thai women...no different from any other race......but I bet there are many women who would like to think they are...... :D

And the European women who marry the handsome rich Arabs with their big hooked noses and dark skin.....oh and fat wallets!!!!

What people state in terms of women looking for financial security, is prevalent all over the world.....perhaps more obvious in Thailand only because of the availability of the richer older white skinned western tourist.

Do all women the world over on low income tend to take into account the ability of their partner to provide before marriage....I would say the majority yes....in my opinion.....

The L in love stands for 'long may he take care of me'........yes this action is part of love......isn't it?

For every horror story there are hundreds of guys out there having a ball...... :) ...great isn't it?

Thai women...no different from any other race......but I bet there are many women who would like to think they are...... :D

some plp are the living pink coloured glasses

come on, don't bs yourself

Edited by Birdman

For every horror story there are hundreds of guys out there having a ball...... :D ...great isn't it?

Do you know, its really strange - but I don't know any UK women who married an Arab man!! :)

However, now I'm in Thailand, all the men I know have married Thai women... :D