Gazza Again!

Jockstar

My feeling are, <deleted> are his so called friends and family doing? Disgraceful.

Several of my friends have gone doolally or died over the years in one way or another through drugs and drink ... i tried helping one in particular, but after a while its a case of just let him get on with it, friends and family can only do so much if someone doesnt want to help themselves then thats the way its going to be.

My feeling are, <deleted> are his so called friends and family doing? Disgraceful.

Several of my friends have gone doolally or died over the years in one way or another through drugs and drink ... i tried helping one in particular, but after a while its a case of just let him get on with it, friends and family can only do so much if someone doesnt want to help themselves then thats the way its going to be.

That's exactly iit & goes back to what i said earlier, first step is to admitting to yourself you have a problem but he can't even see that, obviously..

All this " He has Bi Polar " etc sh*t, it's sooooo American..

Yeah ok it's now classed as a Mental Illness but i still personally like what these people were classed as a few Years back, before the Amercanism tosh that we are now subjected too & all these " excuses " as to why people what they do & all these mental conditions, i think the Fella is just a stupid P*ss Head & a Wrong Un..

That's exactly iit & goes back to what i said earlier, first step is to admitting to yourself you have a problem but he can't even see that, obviously..

All this " He has Bi Polar " etc sh*t, it's sooooo American..

Yeah ok it's now classed as a Mental Illness but i still personally like what these people were classed as a few Years back, before the Amercanism tosh that we are now subjected too & all these " excuses " as to why people what they do & all these mental conditions, i think the Fella is just a stupid P*ss Head & a Wrong Un..

It was only "a few years back" that shell shock suffered by our troops in WW1 was acknowledged. Most veterans died of old age or worse because it took eighty odd years for the acknowledgement.

I'm well that many asshol_e B/C list celebs use this disorder as an excuse for all manner of sins and bad behaviour and it really pisses me off too, but you are stretching it too far to include Gascoigne.

Just my two setangs.....

Edited by carmine

I'm well that many asshol_e B/C list celebs use this disorder as an excuse for all manner of sins and bad behaviour and it really pisses me off too, but you are stretching it too far to include Gascoigne.

Just my two setangs.....

Ah come on, the list is endless of idiotic things that he's done, under the influence of all sorts..

He's a fcukign Idiot..

Just my two setangs.....

Ah come on, the list is endless of idiotic things that he's done, under the influence of all sorts..

I thought taking a a dressing gown, some beer, a fishing rod and cooked chicken to see Moaty was fcuken classic.

But as useless as he seems, a lot of people with these kind of problems are vulnerable but harmless and likeable, if they werent then we wouldnt be writing such nonsense,

Just my two setangs.....

I thought taking a a dressing gown, some beer, a fishing rod and cooked chicken to see Moaty was fcuken classic.

But as useless as he seems, a lot of people with these kind of problems are vulnerable but harmless and likeable, if they werent then we wouldnt be writing such nonsense,

I was only told abou that Moat thing a couple of weeks ago by a Pal & simply did NOT believe him, until i googled it the next day..

Ridiculous, truly fcukign ridiculous..:D

& you say he's harmless, but he isn't when he's driving a Car, for the umpteenth time, p*ssed out of his head..

That's my issue..

Former England football star Paul Gascoigne has been arrested on suspicion of possessing Class A drugs after a raid on a house in North Tyneside.

Gascoigne, 43, has spent the night in custody and is still being questioned by officers.

The troubled former Newcastle and Tottenham player has faced two drink-driving charges this year and has already been warned he could be jailed when sentenced next month.

A Northumbria Police spokesman told Sky News Online: "At shortly after 5.30pm yesterday, police attended a property in North Tyneside.

"A 43-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a Class A drug.

"A second man, aged 43, was later arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs.

"Both men are still in custody and enquiries are ongoing."

More to follow...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Paul-Gascoigne-Arrested-By-Northumbria-Police-After-Drugs-Raid/Article/201010415766608?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15766608_Paul_Gascoigne_Arrested_By_Northumbria_Police_After_Drugs_Raid

Former England football star Paul Gascoigne has been arrested on suspicion of possessing Class A drugs after a raid on a house in North Tyneside.

Gascoigne, 43, has spent the night in custody and is still being questioned by officers.

The troubled former Newcastle and Tottenham player has faced two drink-driving charges this year and has already been warned he could be jailed when sentenced next month.

A Northumbria Police spokesman told Sky News Online: "At shortly after 5.30pm yesterday, police attended a property in North Tyneside.

"A 43-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a Class A drug.

"A second man, aged 43, was later arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs.

"Both men are still in custody and enquiries are ongoing."

More to follow...

Time to ditch the 'circle of 'friends' he hasn't really got.'

Leave the North East and move abroad would be my advice......which is further away.....New Zealand or Chile?......or maybe Malaysiia/Singapore would be good for a few years. ;)

There are many signs and symptoms related to drinking problems. Alcoholism is considered a progressive disease, meaning that the symptoms and effects of drinking alcohol become increasingly more severe over time.

Those who use alcohol may begin to show early signs of a problem, then progress to showing symptoms of alcohol abuse; if drinking continues, they may later show symptoms of alcoholism or alcohol dependence.

Early Signs of a Problem

Early signs of alcoholism include frequent intoxication, an established pattern of heavy drinking and drinking in dangerous situations, such as when driving. Other early signs of alcoholism include black-out drinking or a drastic change in demeanour while drinking, such as consistently becoming angry or violent.

"Dealing with drugs is partly about dealing with drugs direct, plain and simple, and it is about limiting access. It is also a matter of dealing with much else besides drugs. It must be about our choice of value systems, the wide world outside the window, the quality of the world seen with the inner eye, and what life can offer that is as good as, or better than, intoxication."

Being in an addiction treatment centre, or 'rehab', is the best way to begin a new life of sobriety. Getting structured, foccused care at the very beginning is the bedrock of a successful recovery.

Do Only Alcoholics Experience Problems from Alcohol?

Answer: No. Even if you are not alcoholic, abusing alcohol can have negative results, such failure to meet major work, school, or family responsibilities because of drinking; alcohol-related legal trouble; automobile or car crashes due to drinking; and a variety of alcohol-related medical problems.

Under some circumstances, problems can result from even moderate drinking -- for example, when driving, during pregnancy, or when taking certain medicines.

What is Recovery?

Recovery is the name given to the new, clean, sober era of your life. People in recovery have taken the worst that life can throw at them, and... recovered .people, experiencing addiction, to minimise the harm that problematic drug use causes them, their families and the wider community.

there is as I know a 12 step program. it works iv done it its hard at first, there is a lot of pain and after 20 years I can say I am free, free to be who I truly am without the encumbrances of my past life and with the freedom to be person in my own right.