Best Visa To Suit Marriage

Lioness,

I don't get back to Australia much was there in June but not for long. Probably won't be back til next Christmas.

Ubonjoe,

I'll go for the multi-entry visa like previously said. Whats the rules on buying land/house in thailand, can my name be included under this visa.. i have heard stories that only one name can be on the Deed and don't worry these came from a friend, not the wife.

Furthermore, this Multi-Entry Visa I will apply for, can it be used towards residency of re-newed for the 3 consecutive years?

Edited by jackliveswhere

Muliple non-immigrant visa's don't count towards the 3 years needed for permanent residency. You have to stay 3 years on extension of stays in Thailand for that. Also you paying taxes in Thailand would be an important factor.

For more information read the tread about permament residency: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Camerata-s-G...ide-t74654.html

Ubonjoe,

I'll go for the multi-entry visa like previously said. Whats the rules on buying land/house in thailand, can my name be included under this visa.. i have heard stories that only one name can be on the Deed and don't worry these came from a friend, not the wife.

Furthermore, this Multi-Entry Visa I will apply for, can it be used towards residency of re-newed for the 3 consecutive years?

I think mario2008 already answered your question about residency.

The house question is difficult to answer. You can do it on a multi-o. Farangs cannot own land or have there name on a deed for land from my understanding. Farangs normally do it by buying through a company they form. There are other ways to do it married such as setting up the company as a partnership between you and your wife from my understanding. You may be able to find more info by going to another forum dealing with this.

It seems you have decided on getting a multi-o. In your case I think thats the best option even if you go ahead and get the extension later when you have the time.

Joe

Joe

Thanks guys,

I'll have a read of the other forum regarding the purchasing of land.

So just comfirming, this multi-o visa I can use and apply for the extensions at the end of each 12 months? This would then help for residency.

At any time within the year that you enter and leave on multi you have to apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration (you will not need multi after that just multi re-entry permit). You have to be on one year extensions (3 years minimum) for residency plus of course the tax paid minimum of 30,000 baht per month income for the previous 2 years when you apply.

At any time within the year that you enter and leave on multi you have to apply for a one year extension of stay
This is not correct - You can only apply for an Extension of Permission to Stay in the month preceding the expiry of any 90 day entry permission with a multiple entry non-immigrant 'O' visa.

At any time within the year that you enter and leave on multi you have to apply for a one year extension of stay
This is not correct - You can only apply for an Extension of Permission to Stay in the month preceding the expiry of any 90 day entry permission with a multiple entry non-immigrant 'O' visa.

Would you be so kind as to provide a link for this requirement please. I have searched every source of information that I am aware of to find it.

Also disregard previous post. I wrote it on the first read of your post and then was unable to edit it because of connection problems.

Edited by ubonjoe