Deleted Post

Falang Pan

I started a thread last night titled "What's Your Frequency And Average Time Limit?", and it seems to have been deleted.

A search for it shows it at this link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...lite=falang+pan

but when I click on that link http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...0&hl=falang+pan

the thread is shown as missing. And I can't see it in the forum.

Can you tell me how to view it and why it was deleted? It was about how often people have sex. Is that subject not allowed?

I started a thread last night titled "What's Your Frequency And Average Time Limit?", and it seems to have been deleted.

A search for it shows it at this link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...lite=falang+pan

but when I click on that link http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...0&hl=falang+pan

the thread is shown as missing. And I can't see it in the forum.

Can you tell me how to view it and why it was deleted? It was about how often people have sex. Is that subject not allowed?

It wasn't Thai related and the subject matter became offensive. The thread has been made invisible pending discussion between the admins

Can you email the thread to me? It was a question of genuine interest to me.

Also, was the thread itself deemed offensive, or just some posts on the thread? If some posts, why not delete those instead of the thread?

I've seen that non-thai related posts are usually locked, but not deleted. Is the subject of sex just generally taboo on this forum?

Can you email the thread to me?  It was a question of genuine interest to me.

Also, was the thread itself deemed offensive, or just some posts on the thread?  If some posts, why not delete those instead of the thread?

I've seen that non-thai related posts are usually locked, but not deleted.  Is the subject of sex just generally taboo on this forum?

It was going out of control and this isn't the place for that sort of thing. Sorry.

It was going out of control and this isn't the place for that sort of thing. Sorry.

Does this forum have specific guidelines that I should know about? "Getting out of control" is a bit vague. Is the deleting of posts arbitrary, or is there some guideline that can be explained. No talking about sex, is that it?

Can you email me the thread?

Forum rules (you find them at the top of every forum page):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

Ah, I see it now

"You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is... vulgar, ... profane, sexually oriented,..."

I should have read that, as I made the mistaken assumption that some sexually oriented talk would be welcome on any forum.

Shame I can't read the 11 replies though.

Should I completely avoid mention of sex on this forum? I should not, for instance, post a poll asking the same question as was in the original deleted thread?

Forum rules (you find them at the top of every forum page):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

Ah, I see it now

"You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is... vulgar, ... profane, sexually oriented,..."

I should have read that, as I made the mistaken assumption that some sexually oriented talk would be welcome on any forum.

Shame I can't read the 11 replies though.

Should I completely avoid mention of sex on this forum? I should not, for instance, post a poll asking the same question as was in the original deleted thread?

Can't you read ? Do it and I'm certain you can envisage the outcome. If thinking is your thing.

You should avoid posting an entire thread about your sexual exploits, or posting a thread thats specifically designed to promote detailed sexual discussions, such as your "removed" thread.

Just use a bit of common sense, you didnt really expect your thread to last long, did you?

You should avoid posting an entire thread about your sexual exploits, or posting a thread thats specifically designed to promote detailed sexual discussions, such as your "removed" thread.

Just use a bit of common sense, you didnt really expect your thread to last long, did you?

Thanks for the polite clarification. That was helpful.

Yes, I did expect it to last. Although I've dropped into to visit this forum from time to time, I was not so familiar with the culture as to expect the deletion. Now I understand the culture and moderation values a bit better.

I suspect that my having different values places me as an unwanted outsider whose views are not welcome, but for whatever it might be worth, I find the moderation values here sterile and prudish. Silly, really. Obviously you have a popular formula, and it works for many, but the moderation seems 19th century. I've never come across anything like it on the net. I had no way to expect it, don't understand it, and don't appreciate it.

I suspect that my having different values places me as an unwanted outsider whose views are not welcome, but for whatever it might be worth, I find the moderation values here sterile and prudish. Silly, really. Obviously you have a popular formula, and it works for many, but the moderation seems 19th century. I've never come across anything like it on the net. I had no way to expect it, don't understand it, and don't appreciate it.

Well I would add my opinion here, but I may be break one of the rules of the forum as well. :o

Mind you I think that some comments may open a wound of something that may haunt from the moderators past.

Obviously other comments and postings deserved to be deleted and have the posters banned eg Vilification or disrespect.

Edited by mattnich

Thanks for the polite clarification.  That was helpful.

Your quite welcome :o

Yes, I did expect it to last.  Although I've dropped into to visit this forum from time to time, I was not so familiar with the culture as to expect the deletion.  Now I understand the culture and moderation values a bit better.

Great, i'm pleased you understand the forum a bit more clearly now. I'm sure that will help avoid any regrettable mistakes in the future.

I suspect that my having different values places me as an unwanted outsider whose views are not welcome, but for whatever it might be worth, I find the moderation values here sterile and prudish.  Silly, really.  Obviously you have a popular formula, and it works for many, but the moderation seems 19th century.  I've never come across anything like it on the net.  I had no way to expect it, don't  understand it, and don't appreciate it.

Your views are welcome, providing your air them in such a manner as to conform with the forum guidelines, which unfortunately your previous thread didnt. This is a site about thailand and visas (hence the URL, Thaivisa.com) and we do try to keep the forum clean of smut and sexually explicit content. We aim to provide useful, informative and relevent information about many aspects of thailand.

If the general feel of the forum doesnt appeal to you, then i'm sorry, but the forum isnt going to change because of one persons views. There are other sites that cater for different views, opinions and content, maybe some of them would be more to your likeing. Feel free to pop back if you have any questions regarding visas, work permits or life in thailand.

I hope that helps clear up any future misunderstandings.

Wolfie

P.S. Oh and Mattnich, bite me!

Wolfie

Would you like me to PM you my phone number, and maybe we can arrange so you can say thet to my face.

Then hopefully I can oblige.

Or even the favor has been retuened and in fact I have already bitten you....

open a wound of something that may haunt from the moderators past

Wolfie

Would you like me to PM you my phone number, and maybe we can arrange so you can say thet to my face.

Then hopefully I can oblige

Why do you have a camera phone? :D tough guy :o

Sorry nope, your way off the mark, no festering wounds here mate
So I assume from your response, you prefer to hide behind the "assumed" anonymity" that you think the internet as given you, and not personally repeat your generous offer to me.

Akin to a dog that has taken a beating from its master and is hiding behind a door.

Uh huh. No surprise. I was banned for talking about developmental psychology.

Where in your forum rules does it mention that views not endorsed by the moderators will result in being banned from using the forum?

Keep it all clean and respectful, according to your narrow views. Free speech is evil and leads to nastyness. ######, you guys are a waste of time. No use even trying to talk on your narrow little forum. Not appreciated. No wonder most of your posters are dumb - you throw out any smart ones. Idiots. Keep masturbating, as it's obvious you don't want to play with anyone who has ideas other than your own.

I didn't break your rules, but you banned me. No warning, no discussion.

Uh huh. No surprise. I was banned for talking about developmental psychology.

Where in your forum rules does it mention that views not endorsed by the moderators will result in being banned from using the forum?

Keep it all clean and respectful, according to your narrow views. Free speech is evil and leads to nastyness. ######, you guys are a waste of time. No use even trying to talk on your narrow little forum. Not appreciated. No wonder most of your posters are dumb - you throw out any smart ones. Idiots. Keep masturbating, as it's obvious you don't want to play with anyone who has ideas other than your own.

I didn't break your rules, but you banned me.  No warning, no discussion.

ooooohhhhhhhh :D

It was a bullsiht topic mate, what did you expect? :o

Well thats just as well then because you were banned and probably will be again :D

Moron :o

Dave, what do you get out of talking on forums? You obviously have no taste for rational discussion, so what is it? One upmanship? Like to say "<deleted>"? Why do you bother? You don't seem to have any actual ideas to put forth. Do you know what an idea is, Dave? An original idea? <deleted> doesn't count.

Well thats just as well then because you were banned and probably will be again :D

Moron :o

Dave, what do you get out of talking on forums? You obviously have no taste for rational discussion, so what is it? One upmanship? Like to say "<deleted>"? Why do you bother? You don't seem to have any actual ideas to put forth. Do you know what an idea is, Dave? An original idea? <deleted> doesn't count.

Coming from the man who's main contribution to Thai Visa is "What's Your Frequency And Average Time Limit?", :D which means "Please can other guy's give their thoughts on this as I have a feeling i'm not quite up to it on the old leg over stakes"

:D

Coming from the man who's main contribution to Thai Visa is "What's Your Frequency And Average Time Limit?",  :D  which means "Please can other guy's give their thoughts on this as I have a feeling i'm not quite up to it on the old leg over stakes"

:D

:D Quality :D comment! :D

Anyway, it's easy to know if you're 'up to it'. Ask the girl you've just performed with, assuming she's (still) awake, and if she says "You great lover, ansuman" then she obviously has enough breath left to lie through her teeth and you, therefore, must be crap in bed. :o

Wolfie

I haven't got a wound :o

Someone comes here, with a few big words, the avatar of a brain, and some controversial postings. Why is anyone giving this attention seeker the time of day? Perhaps his mommy didn't pay enough attention to him, or whatever, doesn't matter.

A troll with a thesaurus, is still just a troll. :o

cv