Ford Dealer Chiang Mai

riley76

Need to service ford, where are they? please. :D good ? can speak u.k :o

riley 76 :D

There are two that I know of. One is on the south side of Aom Muang - just before the flyover and corner with Hang Dong Road - so you have to approach it from the east. The other is somewhere near to Payap University - haven't been there yet so I can't be more exact.

The Aom Muang one is less than impressive. I've been there 4 times for service; twice they cocked up the time of the booking; then the last time they booked only long enough for a short interim service even though I had made a point of emphasising that this one needed to be a "long" (full) service. They gave me a list of all the things they hadn't had time to do. Their English is patchy. Everyone's very nice, but they really could do with getting their act together for more than just the charging - which, of course, is at Ford level and not cheap by local standards.

As my Escape is now out of warranty and I'm likely to keep it (low mileage every year), I'm debating whether to explore if the Payap dealership is any better. I think the overall manager of both sites is based there and I did once speak on the 'phone* to him - his English is good. Otherwise, I'll just take my Escape to a more basic service place and pay for what I get.

Try 053-200828 - that's the number I can see on their service stamp (not sure which site it's for - or maybe it's for both).

I think those two are same owner, have used both, both ok, do not know about can speak uk. Second one is on the ring road that goes behind Payap U a bit south of the U on the east side.

Third one opened recently is a branch of a large Chiang Rai ford dealer. Located outside of Moat on North side, coming down Huey Kaew and going past Computer Plaza you will see it on the left about 74 meters before Chaang Puak Gate. Have not tried it but their service in Chiang Rai is good, quite good, a fine service manager there.

I think those two are same owner, have used both, both ok, do not know about can speak uk. Second one is on the ring road that goes behind Payap U a bit south of the U on the east side.

Third one opened recently is a branch of a large Chiang Rai ford dealer. Located outside of Moat on North side, coming down Huey Kaew and going past Computer Plaza you will see it on the left about 74 meters before Chaang Puak Gate. Have not tried it but their service in Chiang Rai is good, quite good, a fine service manager there.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing but, what the heck, here I go anyway:

The alleged 'Ford' place close to the fly-over on Airport Rd stopped being an official Ford dealer some 8+ years ago following many complaints just like the posters have made here.

Then we got the new flashy place on the Central Ring Road (can we all start getting these names down right, please? There is the oddly named Superhighway. Outside that is the Central Ring Rd - sometimes known as No 2 - and outside that is the Outer Ring Road, with the official route number of 121. It's not rocket science, but we ARE in a place where everyone wrongly calls the Provincial Hall the "City Hall'. Even the signposts and the people who work there get that one wrong. End of rant, sorry, back on topic.).

I am quite convinced that the modern place labelled 'Ford' on the Central Ring Rd is the REAL Ford dealer.

If I had a Ford here (heaven for(d)fend) I would simply lift the phone to Bangkok or go to Google or Ford's own website and, er, how can I put this gently, FIND OUT!!!!!!!

The alleged 'Ford' place close to the fly-over on Airport Rd stopped being an official Ford dealer some 8+ years ago following many complaints just like the posters have made here.

Then we got the new flashy place on the Central Ring Road (can we all start getting these names down right, please? There is the oddly named Superhighway. Outside that is the Central Ring Rd - sometimes known as No 2 - and outside that is the Outer Ring Road, with the official route number of 121. It's not rocket science, but we ARE in a place where everyone wrongly calls the Provincial Hall the "City Hall'. Even the signposts and the people who work there get that one wrong. End of rant, sorry, back on topic.).

I am quite convinced that the modern place labelled 'Ford' on the Central Ring Rd is the REAL Ford dealer.

If I had a Ford here (heaven for(d)fend) I would simply lift the phone to Bangkok or go to Google or Ford's own website and, er, how can I put this gently, FIND OUT!!!!!!!

If 'twere me (heaven forfend), I would check my facts before ranting so inaccurately. The "alleged" Ford Dealer on Aom Muang (aka Mahidol Road aka Krachang Tong aka 1141 - depending which map you look at) is listed on the Ford Thailand website - along with two others in Chiang Mai:

Ford American Motors Chiangmai

234/19 Maneenoparat Rd.

T.Sri-Poom, A.Muang, Chiangmai 50000

Phone: 053404089

Fax: 0-5322-1411

Ford Chakkawanpanich Chiangmai

144 Moo 1, T. Sanklang

A. Sankampang, Chiengmai 50130

Phone: 053850984

Fax: 0-5385-0516

4/9 Mahidol Rd.

T.Pa-Daed, A.Muang, Chiangmai 50000

Phone: 053200828

Fax: 0-5327-4870

Note the dealer names of #2 & 3. I see that #1 is also the name of the dealer in Chiang Rai - matching the useful recommendation given previously - so I think I will give them a try before giving up on these official Ford dealers for servicing.

On a side note, I wish you luck in your forlorn quest to achieve uniformity in the naming of places. If I could find two different maps that used the same names, I might think there's a chance of you succeeding in my lifetime........... :D And, if the people who work there call it "City Hall", trying to change that makes King Canute look more & more like a reasonable chap after all............. :o

There was a thread on this a year or two ago and the Mazda dealer on what might be called Mahidol Road was highly recommended for Ford trucks that are out of warranty since the Mazda truck is the same under the sheet metal. It is on the North side of the divided road that runs from Airport Plaza to the Ping and beyond. That should get you there, I do not give a dam_n what the streets are called and yes it was highly recommended for Mazda trucks too.

Used both the Ford dealer nr Airport Plaza(sorry not so hot on road names) and the new one on the 2nd ring road.Same owner for both as previously mentioned.Apparently the new one on the ring road is going to be the main one as the old one near the airport plaza is too small and will close.Found service and friendliness ok,but obviously it helps if you speak Thai.The manager for both centres speaks reasonable english and managed to get me manuals in English for the cars.

If the spare you need is not in Cnx then they will get it from Bkk for you.

So far been happy with them.

Cheers

If 'twere me (heaven forfend), I would check my facts before ranting so inaccurately. The "alleged" Ford Dealer on Aom Muang (aka Mahidol Road aka Krachang Tong aka 1141 - depending which map you look at) is listed on the Ford Thailand website - along with two others in Chiang Mai:

Ford American Motors Chiangmai

234/19 Maneenoparat Rd.

T.Sri-Poom, A.Muang, Chiangmai 50000

Phone: 053404089

Fax: 0-5322-1411

144 Moo 1, T. Sanklang

A. Sankampang, Chiengmai 50130

Phone: 053850984

Fax: 0-5385-0516

4/9 Mahidol Rd.

T.Pa-Daed, A.Muang, Chiangmai 50000

Phone: 053200828

Fax: 0-5327-4870

Note the dealer names of #2 & 3. I see that #1 is also the name of the dealer in Chiang Rai - matching the useful recommendation given previously - so I think I will give them a try before giving up on these official Ford dealers for servicing.

On a side note, I wish you luck in your forlorn quest to achieve uniformity in the naming of places. If I could find two different maps that used the same names, I might think there's a chance of you succeeding in my lifetime........... :D And, if the people who work there call it "City Hall", trying to change that makes King Canute look more & more like a reasonable chap after all............. :D

:D to you All, wonderull tv members, yes the map thingy is a beast, yes one can google :o but get just about everything else in cm. :D here on this thread, i have, the info I sought, plus input. I needed, you all. to do what you do . help inform ,have your say, rant, all valid,this was a nice thread.

I am torn between Mazda and main ford as, Henry is now over three years, :P but he has carried tsunami survivors, :burp: and toured the whole of Thailand, Gets knocked about in these narrow streets. new bumpers soon. :( plus when parked gets scraped by m/c bars :D has bem more faithfull than wives and g/fs, is always there for me,even though he is just a truck riley76 :P

The one that you refer to (the 3rd one) has been there for years. It was seemingly closed for a spell and the recently re-opened. Of the three and I have visited all three this is the one that I would avoid. Staff not very welcoming for starters.

The one on the ring road appears to be pick of the bunch looking at the facilities and the staff.

The one that you refer to (the 3rd one) has been there for years. It was seemingly closed for a spell and the recently re-opened. Of the three and I have visited all three this is the one that I would avoid. Staff not very welcoming for starters.

The one on the ring road appears to be pick of the bunch looking at the facilities and the staff.

JBG - from what you say, I'm minded to take your advice about avoiding this one (for clarity, I'll call it #1 on the list I reproduced from the Ford Thailand website). I've already had poor experiences (as described in my first post here) at the one near to Airport Plaza (#3 on that same list). As you've seen all three, do you have first-hand experience of service/repairs etc at the ring road site (#2)?

The 3rd one has been there for years but closed under the old ownership (yes, not so good) and re-opened under new ownership which I think is the same as the Chiang Rai Ford dealer, same name. Next time I need service, I will be going there for a talk to see if they are anywhere close to the high standard of the CR branch. CR is so good I stop in every time I go to CR to talk with the service manager and often get something adjusted that the CM dealers have been unable to deal with.

My experience at ring road dealer was good but I have only asked them to do very routine stuff so I do not know how they would do on anything major or complex. Because of their out of the way location, they will take you in your vehicle to a location in town so you do not have to wait at the dealer, I have never asked them to pick me up again but I expect they might.

Yes, Steve, I know you did not ask but I think John was perhaps giving information about a company that is not there anymore. And yes, I have had vehicles serviced at all of those locations except the new #3 which you call #1.

Edited by Bill97

Thanks for the input. As I've had it with the Airport Plaza dealership, I'll take a look at the other two and pick one. Once I get first-hand experience, I'll post anything relevant for the benefit of any others who have an interest.

• 4 weeks later...

An update following two visits to Ford American Motors Chiangmai (address as in my earlier post). I was fortunate to meet Khun Chokchai Phonpisit who (I think) is based in Chiang Rai and therefore probably the same CR Service Manager that Bill97 recommended. His English is good and likewise his attitude. By his account, he was invited by Ford Thailand to take over the existing CM dealership and improve Ford's name in CM. From what he says, he took over the previous staff.

Aside from checking/sorting out the service items left undone from my last (in more ways than one) visit to Ford Chakkawanpanich (Airport Plaza), they also fixed an overheating problem which had recently appeared. Subsequently, I had them fix and replace part of the aircon system. All this was dealt with smoothly and efficiently - and at reasonable cost (including some discount offered by Khun Chokchai). To my eyes, the workshop area looks smart, well-run and well-equipped. Conclusion: I'm a happy customer and I'll be back there when necessary :o .

Fair to say, Khun Chokchai is not there all the time and the resident Service Manager has limited English - no problem for me as I had a Thai-speaker with me. On that basis, I'd recommend that non-Thai speakers do the same or call Khun Chokchai on his mobile number: 089-8504560.