Snow In Thailand - Next Year.

whiterussian

some of his other predictions were alarming too , that most of central thailand all the way up to lopburi will be under up to 3 metres of water within 15 years and that the weight of all the extra water that will come from the melting polar ice will increase the weight of the pacific ocean and that weight will press down on the fault lines underneath and cause huge devastating earthquakes that will cause two or three unspecified countries to disappear.

I've heard on TV that Chiang Rai did once get a faint dusting of snow, I think it was about 50 years ago, perhaps the Thai 4-man-bobsled team might train here, for the next Winter Olympics ? Or Chiang Mai might even get to hold them ? :o

Remember ... you heard it here first ! :D

Whoopsie, should have saved that idea, for April 1st.

Edited by Ricardo

Better open a ski supply and rental shop and build some ski-lifts on Doi Suthep.

wasnt there talk of a cable car from CM to Pai ?

could it be the new Aspen !

then again the greedhead developer bastards are there already.

Rumor has it that next year's Iditarod will be run from Chiang Rai to Had Yai :o

Westminster-Best.jpg

Is that Nienke's sled team ?

So there I was , ice fishing on Big Lake, Alaska (Just north of ugly Wasilla, AK.) when behind me I hear ..."Whee!...Whee!...Whee!"

Turned around and here comes a dog musher with a full compliment of about 8 or 10 Standard Poodles pulling his sled. circa 1975

So there I was , ice fishing on Big Lake, Alaska (Just north of ugly Wasilla, AK.) when behind me I hear ..."Whee!...Whee!...Whee!"

Turned around and here comes a dog musher with a full compliment of about 8 or 10 Standard Poodles pulling his sled. circa 1975

And did those 8 or 10 Standard Poodles have a sniff of your ice hole Mr. Bunta?

I've heard on TV that Chiang Rai did once get a faint dusting of snow, I think it was about 50 years ago, perhaps the Thai 4-man-bobsled team might train here, for the next Winter Olympics ? Or Chiang Mai might even get to hold them ? :o

Remember ... you heard it here first ! :D

Whoopsie, should have saved that idea, for April 1st.

Correct there has been snow recorded in Chiang Rai - check this post

Seems a bit too much to expect it happening regularly in CM

CB

some of his other predictions were alarming too , that most of central thailand all the way up to lopburi will be under up to 3 metres of water within 15 years and that the weight of all the extra water that will come from the melting polar ice will increase the weight of the pacific ocean and that weight will press down on the fault lines underneath and cause huge devastating earthquakes that will cause two or three unspecified countries to disappear.

Whose fault is that? :o:D

And did those 8 or 10 Standard Poodles have a sniff of your ice hole Mr. Bunta?

I simply put some peas beside me and when the French dogs came to take a pea , I kicked them in the ice hole. The smell of fish next to an ice hole seemed to throw them a little if my memory serves me correctly.....I have more but probably a good place to stop! Did I mention that you CANNOT see russia from Wasilla??

Edited by bunta71

Better open a ski supply and rental shop and build some ski-lifts on Doi Suthep.

Hurry up and be first.............................. :D

.......next there will be a myriad of Thais open others all around :D

I'm already looking forward to my next CM visit. :o