Freebies From King Power

Raesum

You can become a King Power member either at their VM outlet or at the airport(booth located near Departure area) for free.

Not only does this entitle you to discount off purchases from their Duty Free Shops-which is great seeing as they are the only Duty Free Agents anyway but also a percentage off their buffet meal at the VM site.

Now for the good news-you can also use the King Power lounge at Suvarnabhumi .They provide cool drinks, coffees, savoury and sweet snacks as well as internet, magazines,movies etc and all for free. Just need to show your KP card and boarding pass. Looks like they need the word spread as when we used it earlier in the year we were the only people in there!

They will only let you join if you have an address in Thailand. They didn't ask for proof but I would take it just in case.They do take a copy of your passport.

Be sure to state your birthday as this year I got an updated membership card offering 30% discount :o

Thanks for that Crossy. Sounds a bit easier.

Let us know how you go.

The only advantage of signing up in person is that they issue you with a temporary card which means if you are at the airport you can use the lounge immediately.

Is the lounge located inside the international terminal? I pass through there weekly on domestic flights and never noticed......

The is one on the internation terminal (left side), near gate A, B, C, D 1-4, behand Boots. If you are on the other end (D4-8, E, F, G), don't border, as you will need to walk the entire length of the airport to get to your gate.

You can just apply for membership on the spot at the airport. However, with the temporary card, you will need to show that you have purchases something, a receipt of any amount, before they will let you in. I made a small purchase ONCE, and I staple the receipt with my temporary card to allow my entry everytime I depart through Swampy. Permament card never arrives.

Unlike other lounge, there is nothing fancy here. However there are:

- Leather seat and quite lounge (before the freebie news goes out)

- English newspapers (limited local selection)

- Tolilets (clean but nothing fancy)

- Smoking rooms

- Some cakes (very limited)

- Some juice (from concentrate, nothing fresh)

- Coffee & Tea

- Soda (I don't remember anything alcohol)

Very good consider it is free. However most of my flight depart from the end of the airport, so I did not border walking the whole length of the airport.

Is the lounge located inside the international terminal? I pass through there weekly on domestic flights and never noticed......

The is one on the internation terminal (left side), near gate A, B, C, D 1-4, behand Boots. If you are on the other end (D4-8, E, F, G), don't border, as you will need to walk the entire length of the airport to get to your gate.

You can just apply for membership on the spot at the airport. However, with the temporary card, you will need to show that you have purchases something, a receipt of any amount, before they will let you in. I made a small purchase ONCE, and I staple the receipt with my temporary card to allow my entry everytime I depart through Swampy. Permament card never arrives.

Unlike other lounge, there is nothing fancy here. However there are:

- Leather seat and quite lounge (before the freebie news goes out)

- English newspapers (limited local selection)

- Tolilets (clean but nothing fancy)

- Smoking rooms

- Some cakes (very limited)

- Some juice (from concentrate, nothing fresh)

- Coffee & Tea

- Soda (I don't remember anything alcohol)

Very good consider it is free. However most of my flight depart from the end of the airport, so I did not border walking the whole length of the airport.

As Alking says , its right at the West end of the airport, so if you are travelling form the east gates, then its a long walk.

As far as I can see, its no scam, get the card and then sit down in a nice chair (remember those.. they are in most airports around the world,)

also they have a smoking room and a quiet area, again something that most airports designed in at construction time. I guess in Swampy the nice seats. smoking areas, quiet areas were all taken over by King Power (the King of duty free.....que video of jackie chan buying jonnie walkers).

The sad fact is that Swampy sucks as an airport to spend some time, and contrary to many posts here, a lot of travellers spend a good few hours at airports.

I mean c'mon, how many of you drop 120,000 baht on a leather jacket or 230,000 baht on a new Brietling, when you are waiting for your flight??

The more I travel through Swampy the more I thank god for Changi.dubai,KL, etc etc.

regards

Freddie

You can register online here http://www.kingpower.com/register_member.asp

The form needs a 'name in thai' and 'id card number' required fields or it won't continue, I put 'not applicable' in both, seemed happy, we'll see in 30 days if I get a card.

Just eneter your name in Thai script and put your driving licence number in the ID Card field and it works OK.

• 3 weeks later...

The best advice I've had about King Power is to walk down the center of the "gauntlet" on the way to my gate, never slowing down, looking at the goods, and not stopping or going into any of the product areas at any cost. Make sure the video clearly shows you staying away from the shelves of products and walking briskly toward your gate.

Then there won't be much chance of a "King Power Scam" being run against you.

kenk3z

You can register online here http://www.kingpower.com/register_member.asp

The form needs a 'name in thai' and 'id card number' required fields or it won't continue, I put 'not applicable' in both, seemed happy, we'll see in 30 days if I get a card.

I signed up on-line about six weeks ago, still waiting for my card.

Don't border signing up over the internet. I have done a few times, nothing happens.

Just pick up an appication form at King Power services desk (available on both East and West wing) or at the King Power lounge itself. The form can be filled in 1 min, with the temporary card enclosed. HOWEVER, for the temporary card, you must have a prove of purchase (ANY AMOUNT). I don't know if they sell 20 Baht chewing gums (I guess they don't). I bought a carton of cigarlette, 500 Baht with 5% off using the temporary card only ONCE. I just staple the receipt to the temporary card, and have been using the lounge for free ever since. Permanent card never arrives.

Unless your departure is on the West or if you have a lot of time to kill, don't border. It is not worth walking the entire length to the East end of the terminal if that's where your gate is (D4-8, E, F & G).

Edited by AlKing