Udon Thani

valiant

Is UdonThani classed as Isaan as my Wife has recently bought some Land in Noomsung

11km from City centre.

She and my Stepdaughter are living with me in England.

It most certainly is and along with Khon Kaen has a high population of foreigners. I hope the land was cheap (or a gift) as there are so many prettier areas in Isaan which comprises approx 35% of the Kingdom. Prices high in this area but much cheaper throughoput the Province. 3 part question springs to mind -- how does you all live in UK, she has bought land in Udon and you do not know Isaan??

Is UdonThani classed as Isaan as my Wife has recently bought some Land in Noomsung

11km from City centre.

Yes, Udon is well within the boundaries of Isaan region. The city - as opposed to the province - is one of the more popular spots for expats to settle with quite a few Western facilities. But of course it is surrounded by villages and towns that still have the traditional NE 'feel' to them. There is another website - Udonmap.com - that deals just with that city.

Edited by citizen33

From my visit there in route to Nong Khai(visa run) it's a nice laid back town, many shopping centers, Big C, Tesco Lotus, Markro, KFC, MK, not to mention the many 7/11 store, we count 12 around and down town, on a recent stay over. Many Western Pub, decent western food to highlight the Isan spice. My guess you might just grow to love the place. Even Old Roger Cructh, Bangkok Post Sport Editor has given it a :o thumbs up many time. :D:D:D:D

11km from City centre.

It most certainly is and along with Khon Kaen has a high population of foreigners. I hope the land was cheap (or a gift) as there are so many prettier areas in Isaan which comprises approx 35% of the Kingdom. Prices high in this area but much cheaper throughoput the Province. 3 part question springs to mind -- how does you all live in UK, she has bought land in Udon and you do not know Isaan??

You will have to forgive me my Knowledge of Thailand is not as vast as yours,my Wife is over here until I retire and soon we hope to start building