Leaving Children Alone In Houses In Thailand

silentnine

Hi all .

1st off this is something that "gets my goat" and i think these kids ought to be taken into care and the mother locked up ! but thats my farang opinion.

i was lounging around on my sofa this morning and the mrs (thai) comes into the living room and tels me her freind has asked about her 12 year brother (my tg's) going to stay at her condo for 5 days (her freinds). he's come down from upcounty for the school hols to our house in pattaya.

i ask her in a puzzled manner , why would he want to go there for 5 days when he's come to visit her and play in our pool. she then tells me her freind who works in a japanese karakoe has got to go to BKK with a client for 5 days. now she has 7yr and 9 yr old child with her i gather who went to her condo for there school hols. puzzling as she told me her freinds kids were staying with her freind last week and i asked who was going to look after them is she worked, the reply was she was not going to work for a month so all was ok .it would seem however that she must of been leaving them alone in the evenign anyway as how else culd she now have a punter who wants to go to bkk !.

well i told her my views and she said she did not want her brother to go there anyways. next thing i hear about 10 minutes ago is she has now gone to bkk with the japanese guy. and the 7 & 9 year old are hoem alone for 5 days.. and guess waht we are to check on them once a day to ensure they are eating ..

<deleted> i said .. she should not be alowed children, and i rant about what would happen in the UK if a parent did this !. this is thailand my dragon says , this happens all the time .

so we 2 children , 7 & 9. who a sitting in a condo somwhere in pattaya for the next 5 days fendign for themselves ..

so do i mind my own buisness ? and is this really the norm here ?

Of course this is a terrible state of affairs. In any place this would be seen as a disgusting way to treat these two young children. BUT, this IS Thailand, and they're always right. It pains me to say this, but mind your own business, and keep your head in the sand like a good alien should. (Sorry, this is one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't cases).

Just put it out of your mind...There you go, that wasn't too hard, was it?

Edited by barky

So incredible that it's maybe not true.

Do not involve yourself in this story but inform 20 Thai people about that, they'll find a Thai solution. If you did nothing, you would be accomplice in case of drama. Not in front of police but in front of yourself.

Do not involve yourself in this story but inform 20 Thai people about that, they'll find a Thai solution. If you did nothing, you would be accomplice in case of drama. Not in front of police but in front of yourself.

In thailand this is much more common than you think but usually by ex bg mothers married to farang working away, we have 3 neighbors that are often away playing cards drinking when their kids come home from school,and yes i know first hand as we take care of them usually til the mothers arrive back,some around midnight,.its a very awquard situation,..my wife is not happy to do it but the girls would be sat on the floor outside their house if we didnt take care of them :o

ah, we're having some lovely arguments at home about this now.

it seems my mrs has the job of dropping in on these 2 little children while there mother is away working the japanese guy, they have called 5 times this morning asking what time she is going as they are (in my tg's words) scared !!!

so then i think ah, a faint glimmer of morality, she agrees with me that this is soooo wrong.

well , no, lady have to work she says, how can she feed her children, why the hel_l did she have them back from her mother i wonder for the holidays if she planned to do this !!.

the comments on keeping out of it are proving hard. we are now it seems going to pick them up for an hour or 2 and take them to the beach. then drop them back of to home alone. !! that really will help .. putting faces to these kids

, then dumping them back off..

telling some thai's or even farangs about this is a hard one. to be anything more effective than having a moan i'd have to say where the condo is . and then if anything does happen to them it could be my fault from trying to help.

i really thing short of direct intervention theres not much i can do.. and to do something i'm sure would have some pretty dramatic payback comeing my way,

somebody ought to open a branch of childline of the nspcc in this town !

Sorry guys, but why oh why do you think this only happens in Thailand? Get real; it happens everywhere, sad to say. These people need locking up.
Get real ? ,. in the uk if the parents left the kids on their own the social services would be round quicker than you could say "wheres my mum "..then there would be a court hearing to try to establish where they are better off,. i think if everyone just closed their doors and ignored these kids ( as some seem to want to do ) it would be a sad ,world, me,ill do what feels right wherever i am,.

they have called 5 times this morning asking what time she is going as they are (in my tg's words) scared !!!

so then i think ah, a faint glimmer of morality, she agrees with me that this is soooo wrong.

well , no, lady have to work she says, how can she feed her children, why the hel_l did she have them back from her mother i wonder for the holidays if she planned to do this !!.

There's your answer. Take the kids to the bus station and buy them tickets back to the grandmothers.

You are screwed whatever you do and you have been screwed over by the mother of these kids who knows, most likely, that you will feel an urge to become involved and may even take the kids under your wing for the week or so. She has done this because she knows you are a "soft" westerner and not an uncaring Thai.

If you intervene, then you sign up for a repeat performance at every opportunity. If you report them then you are in a world of hurt. Even in Thailand they may frown down on a hooker leaving her kids alone but I doubt it somehow. The family won't care, after all, they can always have more kids, perhaps 50% Japanese.

As hard as it is I would just stay out of it because no good can come from your intervention. If you are prepared as I seem to think you are to assist, then you will have to get someone to give this no good hooker of a mother a right bollocking to make sure that if it happens again you will not be there and you will report her. This information needs to be relayed to her famil;y in some form.

People like this should be sterilised. Or shot.

In thailand this is much more common than you think but usually by ex bg mothers married to farang working away, we have 3 neighbors that are often away playing cards drinking when their kids come home from school,and yes i know first hand as we take care of them usually til the mothers arrive back,some around midnight,.its a very awquard situation,..my wife is not happy to do it but the girls would be sat on the floor outside their house if we didnt take care of them :o

Bg married to Farang don't play cards. They only used that as a excuese to: Go to another Farang to top up their purse or Go back to their bf to deplete their purse. That's the truth most of the time (exception applies). Only bg that couldn't get Farangs group together to play card to kill time and exchange info of their next targets. TIT :D:D:D

As for children, these bg don't give a SHlT.

Edited by AlKing

It's not just BG's it the whole Thai attitude to their children. You see this in the way the Thais give them free reigns from a very young age. As far I seen, since living here, is that Thai children do basically what they like. They decide if they want to go to school or not. They decide what time they go to bed. They decide............the list is many. The parents just want the peaceful life.

In thailand this is much more common than you think but usually by ex bg mothers married to farang working away, we have 3 neighbors that are often away playing cards drinking when their kids come home from school,and yes i know first hand as we take care of them usually til the mothers arrive back,some around midnight,.its a very awquard situation,..my wife is not happy to do it but the girls would be sat on the floor outside their house if we didnt take care of them :D

Bg married to Farang don't play cards. They only used that as a excuese to: Go to another Farang to top up their purse or Go back to their bf to deplete their purse. That's the truth most of the time (exception applies). Only bg that couldn't get Farangs group together to play card to kill time and exchange info of their next targets. TIT :D:D:D

Correct, and what i find stupid is these guys that say all thai women are the same,.my wife hasnt been away from our daughter for i day/night in the 7 years since she was born,.this is more the normal behavior of a mother,.the bgs have these kids as an investment for when they are older and see them as a pest until they are able to work and help support, there must be thousands of thai mothers all over the world that have left their kids with others, usually grandparents, and why ?,. MONEY..As an example i have a friend ( ex ) married to a thai in the uk ,his 1 and her previous child are at the inlaws in thailand,. why ? so that she can work 12 hours a day and send ALL the money she makes to thailand,.he works all day and delivers chinese food at night, they are on the breadline because SHE sends her wages to HER family, i still cant get my head around it, :o