Senior Moments

desertrat

Put some toast in the thingy, answered the 'phone. Heard the toaster pop,(shades of Pulp Fiction), could only see one piece.

Searched assiduously, as one must have ejected outside the toaster.Couldn't/didn't want to crawl around under the furniture, so settled for one piece.

Made further searches..maid looked under stuff, how far could it fly? None found. Eventually the solution..anyone can guess?

took three slices out of freezer.....toaster only takes two.......put 2 back in the freezer and one in the toaster!!!!! :o

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be an after effect of the Hadron Collider causing the toast to vanish into a black hole. ...Whatever.

Toast-related aside: Laying your toaster on its side to make cheese toasties is yet another utility of this marvellous and versatile kitchen appliance. :D Just remember to point the slots at a wall beforehand, or your delicious cheesy snack will be ejected onto the floor! :o

Bloody hel_l, I never thought of that, thanks so much, right up there with only taking a couple of slices of bread from the freezer and buying velcro shoes.

But doesn't the cheese drip onto the elements and burn?

It could be an after effect of the Hadron Collider causing the toast to vanish into a black hole. ...Whatever.

Toast-related aside: Laying your toaster on its side to make cheese toasties is yet another utility of this marvellous and versatile kitchen appliance. :D Just remember to point the slots at a wall beforehand, or your delicious cheesy snack will be ejected onto the floor! :o

Bloody hel_l, I never thought of that, thanks so much, right up there with only taking a couple of slices of bread from the freezer and buying velcro shoes.

make sure you have a half inch margin between cheese and the edge of the bread. No probs.

Anyway <deleted> happened to the toast.

Listening to the news one day I heard that the Government had received over ten thousand letters of protest from members of the Alzheimer's Society...

My first thought was " I wonder how many had forgotton to put stamps on?"

Does this make me a bad person..? :o

make sure you have a half inch margin between cheese and the edge of the bread. No probs.

Anyway <deleted> happened to the toast.

Does not leave much room for the cheese. Re: 1/2 inch margin. Hardly worth bothering with the cheese?

Put some toast in the thingy, answered the 'phone. Heard the toaster pop,(shades of Pulp Fiction), could only see one piece.

Searched assiduously, as one must have ejected outside the toaster.Couldn't/didn't want to crawl around under the furniture, so settled for one piece.

Made further searches..maid looked under stuff, how far could it fly? None found. Eventually the solution..anyone can guess?

What was the question again???? :o

Listening to the news one day I heard that the Government had received over ten thousand letters of protest from members of the Alzheimer's Society...

Rumor is that they were all sent by same person who always forgot he had sent it already.

It joined the flying pigsszzzz :o

This reminds me of the TELETUBBIES, kids programme on UK TV years ago, when my son was growing up. The Teletubbies experienced 'Flying Sphagetti on Toast', in one of their daily programmes. There was spaghetti and toast flying everywhere. :D

Edited by TEFLMike

Rumor is that they were all sent by same person who always forgot he had sent it already.

Not sure if it was 'Lucile Ball' or 'Phillis Diller' (excuse my spelling) once said.....

"Comedy is tragedy".

If the rumor was true, I'm not sure if I'm going to laugh at :D or cry for :D this person.

It joined the flying pigsszzzz :o

Did you do that yourself, specifically for this thread? If so then good work but you really must have too much time on your hands. :D

No, cannot take credit for the pic, I knew it existed somewhere so I googled `flying toast`.

Wooow, you wouldnot believe what flies these days... :D

:D I did it one better.

Got up in the morning. Ready for coffee and toast. Toast into the toaster. Water into the coffee pot and turned it on. Coffee pot is ready, poured a cup of water. Didn't add the instant coffee yet. Toast popped up. Opened the fridge to get butter and jam. Spread butter and Jam. Ready to put the instant coffee into the coffee cup, but can't find the hot coffee water. I remembered that I had it in my hands just a minute ago. Where the h#ll could I have put it?

Finally found it in the fridge where I left it while taking out the butter and jam.

Getting old isn't fun, guys.

:o

Edited by IMA_FARANG

:D I did it one better.

Got up in the morning. Ready for coffee and toast. Toast into the toaster. Water into the coffee pot and turned it on. Coffee pot is ready, poured a cup of water. Didn't add the instant coffee yet. Toast popped up. Opened the fridge to get butter and jam. Spread butter and Jam. Ready to put the instant coffee into the coffee cup, but can't find the hot coffee water. I remembered that I had it in my hands just a minute ago. Where the h#ll could I have put it?

Finally found it in the fridge where I left it while taking out the butter and jam.

Getting old isn't fun, guys.

:o

I think my what happened to me is even weirder.

I woke up in the morning and went straight to.................jeez forgot what I supposed to post.