Senior Moments

desertrat

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the disbelievers here is a picture of the missing slice.

Also I'm collaborating on a project to make things invisible (see Michio Kaku "Physics of the Impossible")..so maybe....

I'm also offering another possibility, It landed in the laundry basket, since the maid is not too fussy about sorting stuff, (multi-colored raiment), I'm not looking forward to seeing how well the mixture has ironed into my Armani, if indeed that was the fate of the toast.

BUT..the plot thickens, ONE trainer is in Bangok, and the other in Pattaya. Is someond screwing with my head ?

I have been approached by FoxNews for an appearance,, so watch your Telly, if you have pirate cable in Jomtien

I should hold out for the National Enquire.

Edited by desertrat

quoted from 'desertrat'...........I have been approached by FoxNews for an appearance,, so watch your Telly, if you have pirate cable in Jomtien

................................................................................

Take both and others too if they're comming your way later. :D

You should rake in millions $$$ while you're still hot. :o

This forum reminds me of a google search, gazillions of posts/results but few go past the first page.

So to all you folks.The Winner is "Only Put One in the Toaster" So the winner is "Camelot"

btw President Bush was told that 2 Brazilian soldiers were casualties in Iraq, after a long list of greater numbers which just caused him to frown. At this he became so distraught his aides sought to comfort him and ask what was the problem.

"How many is a brazillion ?" he spluttered.

I'm outta here

Edited by desertrat

To the disbelievers here is a picture of the missing slice.

Also I'm collaborating on a project to make things invisible (see Michio Kaku "Physics of the Impossible")..so maybe....

I'm also offering another possibility, It landed in the laundry basket, since the maid is not too fussy about sorting stuff, (multi-colored raiment), I'm not looking forward to seeing how well the mixture has ironed into my Armani, if indeed that was the fate of the toast.

BUT..the plot thickens, ONE trainer is in Bangok, and the other in Pattaya. Is someond screwing with my head ?

I have been approached by FoxNews for an appearance,, so watch your Telly, if you have pirate cable in Jomtien

nevermind

Edited by t.s

Put some toast in the thingy, answered the 'phone. Heard the toaster pop,(shades of Pulp Fiction), could only see one piece.

Searched assiduously, as one must have ejected outside the toaster.Couldn't/didn't want to crawl around under the furniture, so settled for one piece.

Made further searches..maid looked under stuff, how far could it fly? None found. Eventually the solution..anyone can guess?

Small toast or big feet?

After all the build up, I refuse to accept your explanation.

Please reconsider, make something up if you have to, so I don't lose faith in humanity.

I still like the idea that it was caught in a time-warp when H2ODunc's watch jumped back one hour. Or ahead one hour, whatever it was.

This forum reminds me of a google search, gazillions of posts/results but few go past the first page.

So to all you folks.The Winner is "Only Put One in the Toaster" So the winner is "Camelot"

btw President Bush was told that 2 Brazilian soldiers were casualties in Iraq, after a long list of greater numbers which just caused him to frown. At this he became so distraught his aides sought to comfort him and ask what was the problem.

"How many is a brazillion ?" he spluttered.

I'm outta here

post-51749-1223605391_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hummm let me think ,

...why did I send you this......

don't tell me it's coming to me.....

Oh yeah..... Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every conceivable deficiency of the modern world.

Real or imaginary. We know we take responsibility for all we have done and do not blame others.

HOWEVER, upon reflection, we would like to point out that it was NOT the senior citizens who took:

The melody out of music,

The pride out of appearance,

The courtesy out of driving,

The romance out of love,

The commitment out of marriage,

The responsibility out of parenthood,

The togetherness out of the family,

The learning out of education,

The service out of patriotism,

The Golden Rule from rulers,

The nativity scene out of cities,

The civility out of behaviour,

The refinement out of language,

The dedication out of employment,

The prudence out of spending,

The ambition out of achievement, or,

God out of government and school.

And we certainly are NOT the ones who eliminated patience and tolerance from personal relationships and interactions with others!!

And, we do understand the meaning of patriotism, and remember those who have fought and died for our country.

YES, I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN!

I'm the life of the party...... even if it lasts until 8 p.m.

I'm very good at opening childproof caps... with a hammer.

I'm usually interested in going home before I get to where I am going.

I'm awake many hours before my body allows me to get up.

I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a thing you're saying.

I'm very good at telling stories; over and over and over and over...

I'm aware that other people's grandchildren are not nearly as cute as mine.

I'm so cared for --- long term care, eye care, private care, dental care.

I'm not really grouchy, I just don't like:

traffic,

waiting,

crowds,

lawyers,

loud music,

unruly kids,

barking dogs,

and a few other things

I can't seem to remember right now.

I'm sure everything I can't find is in a safe secure place, somewhere.

I'm wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that's just my left leg.

I'm beginning to realize that aging is not for wimps.

I'm sure they are making adults much younger these days,

and when did they let kids become policemen?

I'm wondering, if you're only as old as you feel, how could I be alive at 150?

And, how can my kids be older than I feel sometimes?

I'm a walking storeroom of facts..... I've just lost the key to the storeroom door.

AND I STILL WANT TO KNOW ... WHERE IS THAT MISSING SLICE OF TOAST !!!!!!!!!!

Peter

I had the answer to the missing toast question about 30 post ago, now I've forgotten it.

That is one of the advantages of getting older, you tend to forget things, like I can watch a movie and 3 weeks later watch it again and never remember any of it. Same with books a library of 6 books would last me forever as I can read it again in a month.

Was that toast white, rye or wholemeal?

Senior Moments, How bad can they get

Looks like your still OK, most would have forgotten they had even put anything in the toaster :o Or which day/ week did you put the toast in the toaster before you remembered??

Anyway what is the Maid for? better to let her do it for you.

Edited by ignis

I was in the middle of the car-park , pee-eyed as a stoned newt , looking for my car , just had to take a leak , up comes Johny law and asks me what I'm doing there " Well ocifer , I am looking for my car " "I think some-one stole it " He looked down at me hanging on to my hose an said " Oh yeah , next your going to tell me some-one stole your lady friend as well "

Old age does not come alone . :o:D

Listening to the news one day I heard that the Government had received over ten thousand letters of protest from members of the Alzheimer's Society...

My first thought was " I wonder how many had forgotton to put stamps on?"

Does this make me a bad person..? :o

Seeing as there are only one thousand members, this is a good effort - but why did they each send 10 letters?