Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Front Of Parliament

george

Seems the protests are expanding...

Is this the beginnings of a civil war???

Any wagers on how long before the tanks roll out???

As sooner the tanks are rolling as better for Thailand.....It seem the Army are the only one who can bring peace.

As silly the last military government was, it was still 1000% better than the thaksin cronies.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just heard from “Kan” that soldiers are grouping up for a maneuver. Your guess is as good as mine.

God save the King :o

Yours truly,

Kan Win

Edited by Kan Win

From The Nation:

Two protesters lose their leg in latest clash with police

Two anti-government protesters lost their leg during a fresh clash with police in front of Metropolitan Police Bureau on Tuesday evening. The loss of the legs came as police threw home-made explosives onto the protesters.

Home-made explosives???? :o I thought this was the police force, not some technical college gang!

violence against coup-makers is justified. PAD is trying to overthrow the government and they want to take away the rights of the poor to vote. In any civilized country they would have been rightfully mowed down. Imagine if protesters in the U.S. or England stormed congress or parliament. Special forces would have been brought in and taken care of business proper like!

PAD leaders are cowards and they are only in it for personal gain just like the Thaksin puppet government.

I agree about the fact that these protesters would be mowed down in an instant if they done something like this in a civilized country.

What happened if there's a mob like this trying to seize the White House?

All would be arrested under the name of the law.

And on a neutral side, I agree that PAD are no better than Thaksin or his proxies, both are corrupted for their own gain.

Changing the constitution to prevent punishment and dissolving the party so government can stay in power against the former laws can be considered as coup.

So PAD has the right to protect the law, constitution and democracy.

Need I remind you that the previous government is a coup? It is a coup, or was we and thousands of news reporter was wrong to call the previous government that was in the hand of General Surayut came from a coup?

Protect law? PAD seems to be protecting their 'law' and is adopting the 'communism' as they fails to listen to what the majority had to say.

Just heard from “Kan” that soldiers are grouping up for a maneuver. Your guess is a good as mine.

God save the King :o

Yours truly,

Kan Win

It would be good if soldiers just have a routine move of tanks between north and south, which leads just thru Bangkok as last time....

the madness must end.

Looking increasingly likely that tempers are becoming more frayed and the sticks and empty water bottles might be replaced with heavier weapons soon.

Someone mentioned that 4 people had lost legs ... I am not an expert in the use of tear gas to disperse crowds, but I have not heard of people losing legs before.

I don't think even neutral Thais who couldn't care less, can have much confidence in Wongsawat at the current time when the police are using random tactics and he is largely hiding in the background. Who would want to be in his shoes, if it were not for the baht and status afforded when in a position of corrupt political power. Puppet ... muppet.

Probably because those overturned police vans and coach are going to get torched.

Taken from The Nation:

Two anti-government protesters lost their leg during a fresh clash with police in front of Metropolitan Police Bureau on Tuesday evening.

The loss of the legs came as police threw home-made explosives onto the protesters.

Two anti-government protesters lost their leg during a fresh clash with police in front of Metropolitan Police Bureau on Tuesday evening.

The loss of the legs came as police threw home-made explosives onto the protesters.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30085405

To think the police are to serve and protect by using home-made explosives. Sounds like terrorists to me. :o

A coup is if you overthrow a government to seize power. PAD does not want power, just want to prevent evil from getting power.

That is fairly naive... Every government on the planet is corrupt... It's just that the Thai's a not as subtle as most...

So what if the PAD succeeds, do you think the next batch of bureaucrats will be less corrupt??? If so, why???

Learn history...there were stable times with much less corruption than now.

I don't say there was no corruption, but the governments were much better than now.

After an (Albeit quick) search injuries caused by tear gas, I found next to nothing.

Asides from the obvious such as eye/skin injuries caused by the chemical ect, there was some vague reference to the possibility of a fatal head injuiry but that was it.

If the Police were shooting limbs off people at a demonstration in New Zealand we would most likely see the Commissioner forced to resign and several officers involved forced into early retirement if not put in prison.

Why shouldn't Thai's have the same expectations for the Police force?

What demonstration? What are the PAD demonstrating other than their total lack of humility and kindness toward their fellow Thais?

Kow tow and nam jai in the face of being robbed blind by thieves?

You have such a wonderful philosophical grasp on life,

it's a wonder you've survived this long to hector us.

I heard about 30 minutes ago that there was already some armed military at Gov. house - can anyone confirm this.

rumors (nothing special just forum/newspaper) Army is protecting PAD, Army is helping police, Army this Army that.....

An fight within the Army would be the missing thing for complete s*hit.

Add: There could be also a coup inside the Army, by either Thaksin or PAD supporter.

As well shooting teargas on HM the Queens Doctors might make some people angry.

Edited by h90

Doubtful that it will lead to civil war as not enough of the populace are interested in what's going on. However, an escalation of violence between the police and the PAD protesters will almost certainly lead to a coup. At the moment a coup would appear to be the best way to bring an end to the stalemate that appears to have no chance of resolution.

Many people criticised the lack of development during the period under military control, but it could hardly be any less than in the period under Samak and Wongsawat when squat all has happened in the way of moving forward.

Wrong. Totally and absolutley wrong. Go to a local talad nat/sod, mom and pop store and the ubiquitous tv blinking away showing astv coverage. There will be no coup. Taksin's thieves have sorely underestimated the resistance to the same old money politics. Somchai will be out of office this week. And Taksin is running out of options.

After an (Albeit quick) search injuries caused by tear gas, I found next to nothing.

Asides from the obvious such as eye/skin injuries caused by the chemical ect, there was some vague reference to the possibility of a fatal head injuiry but that was it.

I did likewise. I think normally the only injuries caused, other than eye/skin injuries from the chemicals, would be from the cannisters actually hitting people. But still unlikely to tear off limbs.

Although the two sides are at least 600 yards apart, the guy reporting on TNN has a lot of confidence in nobody taking pot shots at each other while he stands somewhere in the middle of the road between the police line and the PAD line. It is truly amazing that there is very little in the way of rock throwing as you tend to see in this kind of stand-off in other countries. I have occasionally seen the odd empty, and occasional full, water bottle being thrown. Unfortunately for the throwers, 600 yards is quite a distance when even the world's best javelin thrower could probably only throw a water bottle about 60 yards!

Yep, very unlikely that any of those injuries have been caused by the correct use of tear glass, and more likely as some have hinted at police using live weapons. Don't for one minute believe the ridiculous notion of pipe bombs mentioned by one of the PPP's proxy posters. :o

Some of the police are armed with shot-guns, a shot-gun blast aimed at the feet or legs would certainly cause the damage seen so far on pictures posted here.

I've been watching the news for the whole day through all the official channels, and I switched channel often, I dont see where the police had shotguns except for their Tear Gas Launchers.

Oh and, I heard it was PAD's own bomb that causes those men to lose their legs, they were preparing to throw them to the polices.

Latest announcement from the police also said that the PAD are preparing hundreds of Molotov Cocktail or something like that.

Any confirmation?

Some of the police are armed with shot-guns, a shot-gun blast aimed at the feet or legs would certainly cause the damage seen so far on pictures posted here.

In my opinion that should be for rubber bullets.

And in my opinion the police must be very close but it looks like it was from far away.

As well I would think that you would have people with a hole in the stomach not the leg below the knees broken away.

I've been watching the news for the whole day through all the official channels, and I switched channel often, I dont see where the police had shotguns except for their Tear Gas Launchers.

Oh and, I heard it was PAD's own bomb that causes those men to lose their legs, they were preparing to throw them to the polices.

Latest announcement from the police also said that the PAD are preparing hundreds of Molotov Cocktail or something like that.

Any confirmation?

I saw a lot of pictures of policemen with guns, big one most probably for teargas and smaller size one for rubber bullets.

TNN again showing pictures - live - of another stand-off between PAD supporters and police - with about 100 metres or so separating the two opposing factions -

The only difference between this stand-off and the previous one - about an hour and a half ago - is that it is now dark -

Neither side appears - at the moment - like it's goin' to succeed -

Oh boy!

Doubtful that it will lead to civil war as not enough of the populace are interested in what's going on. However, an escalation of violence between the police and the PAD protesters will almost certainly lead to a coup. At the moment a coup would appear to be the best way to bring an end to the stalemate that appears to have no chance of resolution.

Many people criticised the lack of development during the period under military control, but it could hardly be any less than in the period under Samak and Wongsawat when squat all has happened in the way of moving forward.

Wrong. Totally and absolutley wrong. Go to a local talad nat/sod, mom and pop store and the ubiquitous tv blinking away showing astv coverage. There will be no coup. Taksin's thieves have sorely underestimated the resistance to the same old money politics. Somchai will be out of office this week. And Taksin is running out of options.

I have to agree that from my own observations in and around the markets, mom and pop store and other locations that the level of "watching" ASTV has certainly increased dramatically over the past 4 -6 weeks - it is certainly educating a lot of people to what is happening and why.

Any confirmation?

No. The only report has been from the Nation, and according to them, it is the police who are throwing home-made bombs at the protesters, not the other way around.

Any confirmation?

You heard from WHOM that it was PAD's own bomb? .........

More barbed wire being laid out by police in a bid to reclaim some more ground.

Bizarre. At times, it seems that there are actually a few regular police standing next to or in between patrolling the PAD protesters, as if they were at a concert!

The water bottle throwing would be more effective if the bottles were filled with water ... and their PE teachers had taught them to throw properly rather than sitting on the floor playing draughts.

Update:

One Thai appeared as if he tried to start up a truck to drive in the direction of the police. Police responded with more rounds of tear gas. Police have just advanced around 100-200 yards and reached the truck that the PAD protester attempted to get in 5 mins ago.

TNN reporter continues to put himself in a fairly perilous position.

Edited by Sunderland

Any confirmation?

PAD has NO HISTORY of Guns or Explosives.

Someone is lobbing explosives at them,

and others are trying to say THEY had them.

This fits the opposition,

but not PAD in an historical context.