Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Front Of Parliament

george

Notice the complete lack of blood dripping from the supposedly severed foot!

Yet again the armchair CSI tech advices... :o

Have you even done military service and seen actual wounds?

If you are such an expert, explain this simple fact: Why is it more dangerous to have a deep knife-wound in your right leg then loosing the limb in an explosion that takes it off?

Some times I just get so sick of the obfuscation some posters can deal out here and get away with on a daily basis.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The leg amputation has already been posted. Here's the other victim of "tear-gassing"....

Imageaspx5432.jpg

TOC

Strange how everything else has better resolution but the alleged injury is quite blurry. Any poster an expert on PhotoShop altering?

Perhaps we could ask Dr. Wanchai Charoenchokthavee if his patient's missing foot was only photoshopped out.

Despite Thailand's long history of publishing gruesome photos, of late they have taken to make especially bad portions blurry for the benefit of the easily squeamished.

The ministers of Parliament are elected by the people.

After that they make a coalition and choose amongst themselves

who will ACTUALLY form a government. The people have NO SAY at that point.

The government is elected by Ministers, not the people.

Overall my view of the current situation isn't too different from your own. However, let me put the Thai system in perspective this way:

In the US, we elect our president who then selects his cabinet from people we don't elect. In Thailand, the PM is an elected member of parliament who is chosen by other elected members of parliament who then selects his cabinet (ministry) from the rest of the elected MP's. However, those selected in Thailand are greatly influenced by the person(s) funding the political parties. In the current case, that person is Thaksin, who currently has several arrest warrants against him outstanding (and probably with several more to come).

Urgent: Police fire tear gas at protesters in front of Parliament

BANGKOK: -- Police fire dozens of tear gases at protesters, who staged a blockade outside Parliament at 6:20 am.

The firing of tear gases managed to open an access to Parliament at the gate on Phichai Road.

Leading members of the People's Alliance for Democracy urged the protesters to remain protesting there.

-- The Nation 2008-10-07

It is about time. Who is this PAD? They lost an election and now trying anarchy to overthrow legitimate government elected by the people. If the PAD is opposed; they should elect their candidates.

Perhaps all of these misguided protesters should get jobs and help the beleaguered Thai economy.

If you have no idea about Thai politics, why do you post here some nonsense?

Notice the complete lack of blood dripping from the supposedly severed foot!

Yet again the armchair CSI tech advices... :o

Have you even done military service and seen actual wounds?

If you are such an expert, explain this simple fact: Why is it more dangerous to have a deep knife-wound in your right leg then loosing the limb in an explosion that takes it off?

Some times I just get so sick of the obfuscation some posters can deal out here and get away with on a daily basis.

Well, that's it then. Confirmation by our fine frontline physician Dr. Tawp! I guess that settles it!

A hint Sunrise07>> From the grip of the mans hands he is performing an improvised blocking of blood flow (use a belt or rope, more efficient and less tiresome) to the affected area. This would partly explain the lack of visible blood flow. Also is the fact that overly blunt trauma, where vessels are completely severed, causes the body to cut [heavily reduce] blood flow itself. The leg is also positioned above the chest and head in vertical position.

These steps in combination will reduce any blood flow to the area and reduce the amount of visible blood for you to celebrate about.

At last!!! There is something we can thank PAD members for. Thank you. Thank you...
PAD regain control in front of Parliament

Many of the protesters also inflated the tyres of police vehicles.

-- The Nation 2008-10-07

Rumor has it they've topped up the oil and checked the radiator on every squad car.

A hint Sunrise07>> From the grip of the mans hands he is performing an improvised blocking of blood flow (use a belt or rope, more efficient and less tiresome) to the affected area. This would partly explain the lack of visible blood flow. Also is the fact that overly blunt trauma, where vessels are completely severed, causes the body to cut [heavily reduce] blood flow itself. The leg is also positioned above the chest and head in vertical position.

These steps in combination will reduce any blood flow to the area and reduce the amount of visible blood for you to celebrate about.

I have completely given up on responding to sunrise07 --- he adds nothing to the discussions and ducks when he gets caught out.

Trying to argue with Sunrise07 is pointless....I tried it for month and failed to make him understand anything.....

Arkorn Rodkantoch, a rescue worker, claimed that police fired tear gas directly at the demonstrators who had been camping there since last night.

"They just shot straight at the people. I saw one hitting a woman on her leg...she was badly injured. We treated at least 100 people, including police who had eye irritation," he said.

- Bernama / 2008-10-07

Is there a chance that this was a self-inflicted accident? I am just speculating of course.

A seriously injured anti-government protester is attended to by medical personal after an explosion blew off his lower left leg during clashes with Thai police in front of parliament in Bangkok, Thailand, on Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2008.

Associated Press

Can somebody shed a light on how an explosion could have occurred when otherwise unarmed police shoots tear gas on a harmless (presumable also unarmed) group of protesters?

Is there a chance that this was a self-inflicted accident? I am just speculating of course.
A seriously injured anti-government protester is attended to by medical personal after an explosion blew off his lower left leg during clashes with Thai police in front of parliament in Bangkok, Thailand, on Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2008.

Associated Press

Can somebody shed a light on how an explosion could have occurred when otherwise unarmed police shoots tear gas on a harmless (presumable also unarmed) group of protesters?

The police shot many people and get the gun powders into his eyes, maybe?

I feel sorry for the people that got injured.

However I also believe that the PAD protests have to end sometime (sooner rather then later), as they are clearly doing a lot of damage to Thailand, and they are quite clearly breaking the law.

They have been rallying at Government house for a long time now, forcing the new PM to retreat to Don Muaeng, they have been blocking airports, and now parliament. Meanwhile talks between the new government and the PAD were underway, maybe being disturbed by the recent arrest of two of the main PAD leaders, whose arrest is within the law.

I just hope it doesn't get any worse, but that might be wishfull thinking.

Hi all.

All this mayhem on the streets is 100% down to Somchai and probablyWomper, all in the interest of getting what they want for Kuhn Thaksin, Well on the news this lunchtime PAD were quoted saying that a lot of supporters were traveling to Bangkok, Somchai would be well advised on his next move , amongst the travelers could well be an assasin or 2, many in the South carry a greviance against all the Thaksin family. It would not surprise me.

phupaman.

unrest_ww104.jpg

This is a very bad image. What ever happened to the law .... where Police is suppose to serve and protect the people. NOT harm the people.

It's not a Policemans job to do harm whatsoever. This is the governments way to manipulate the resources that they have to command what they want done.

I think the Military should step in and show the Policeman how to do their job (by protecting the people).... what a joke this is turning out to be. :o

A riot police officer fires a tear gas shell at anti-government protesters in front of parliament in Bangkok, Thailand, on Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2008. Police fired tear gas Tuesday at several thousand demonstrators attempting to block access by lawmakers to the Parliament building in the Thai capital.

Associated Press

Unless pipe bomb exploded prematurely...?
HUH?

You come up with the strangest ideas .... they created pipebombs and then blew up their own feet?

Put the pipe down and back away slowly!

Ri-ight, but unfortuanly

1 - Police has reported no sightings of pipe bombs.

2 - Your claim would have to mean that all of those manufactured exploded prematurely

Sounds reasonable to you?

Unless your point was to speculate and obfuscate...

unrest_ww104.jpg

This is a very bad image. What ever happened to the law .... where Police is suppose to serve and protect the people. NOT harm the people.

It's not a Policemans job to do harm whatsoever. This is the governments way to manipulate the resources that they have to command what they want done.

I think the Military should step in and show the Policeman how to do their job (by protecting the people).... what a joke this is turning out to be. :o

A riot police officer fires a tear gas shell at anti-government protesters in front of parliament in Bangkok, Thailand, on Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2008. Police fired tear gas Tuesday at several thousand demonstrators attempting to block access by lawmakers to the Parliament building in the Thai capital.

Associated Press

Thai police always serve their "true masters" since the old days. This is nothing new to me as they know exactly who to "serve" and "protect".

Golf

Edited by Golf

Associated Press

The police shot many people and get the gun powders into his eyes, maybe?

A squeezed finger when reloading, stiff muscles from beating elderly women and children. Many ways our heros from the police might get harmed.

HUH?

You come up with the strangest ideas .... they created pipebombs and then blew up their own feet?

Prematurely? That means they had them strapped to their ankles?

Again you are right in line with sunrise ... you contribute nothing to the discussion and get caught out and hide.

Dear mister Somchai is showing his true face very fast. He asks for peace with one hand and with the other hand he commits violence. Shows what kind of a person he is.

Waerth

What a load of rot! He was acting exactly as any gov should under law when gov land has been taken seige. When will you guys supporting PAD stop this rot that they have a right to occupy this land. As a father of 2 Thai citizens it disgusts me.

"One man appeared to have been hit by a tear-gas grenade as he he ran, breaking or tearing off part of his leg."

As father of 2 Thai citizens, you should stay there and fight for their good future.....

I was very happy with Thailand before Sonthi L. Thank you very much.

HUH?

Again you are right in line with sunrise ... you contribute nothing to the discussion and get caught out and hide.

Please stop the personal attacks and respect tthe differences of opinions and perspectives!

HUH?

I'll let younghusband continue to put you in your place. :o

You really are the most stupid individual I've ever seen on this forum. And that really is saying something.

You mean it was you before and I stole your pole position ? :o

Actually there are serious reasons to believe these poor guys blow themselves up by poorly manufactured home-made pipe bombs. And as far as my source is concerned, the police don't manufacture their own ammunitions …

Live by the sword …

HUH?

It's exactly what I said. The police didn't send these bombs, honestly there was enough reporters at the scene, we would already have the pictures, don't you think? We can't accuse the local press of bias in favor of the police, can we?

Furthermore it wouldn't be the first time that a would-be terrorist blow himself up with his own device.

HUH?

Please stop the personal attacks and respect tthe differences of opinions and perspectives!

There cannot be an equal share of respect for views when one is trying it's out-most to lie and obfuscate.

And I count you into that group.

It cannot even be counted as a serious or honest debate.

Hi all.

All this mayhem on the streets is 100% down to Somchai and probablyWomper, all in the interest of getting what they want for Kuhn Thaksin, Well on the news this lunchtime PAD were quoted saying that a lot of supporters were traveling to Bangkok, Somchai would be well advised on his next move , amongst the travelers could well be an assasin or 2, many in the South carry a greviance against all the Thaksin family. It would not surprise me.

phupaman.

And we are expect to see a government give crowd led by persons with arrest warrents, a minority of the population, totally dictate the future of government! Give us a break!

HUH?

There cannot be an equal share of respect for views when one is trying it's out-most to lie and obfuscate.

And I count you into that group.

It cannot even be counted as a serious or honest debate.

This is not a debate, my friend. It is an internet forum where we post a rainbow of perspectives and light-hearted banter.