Retirement Visa- Part Time Work

Hi all,

I have read thru all the posts here and thankyou for all the info. Like everyone else, I would like to have my own situation clarified....so I hope someone can help.

I am qualified for and about to apply for the Non -Imm O visa in my home country and understand all the rules for extensions, re-entry permits etc. However, I am also hoping to work, but only on a part time basis as a Corporate English teacher. Is it possible to obtain a work permit in this instance without holding any formal degree while still using my Imm O to stay in the country?

Thanks for your help :o

The short answer is no, any type of work requires a work permit and certainly here in Pattaya they have now stopped issuing work permits to holders of retirement extension of stay, what it is like elsewhere I have no idea.

This has come up several times. Yes some labor/employment office have issued work permits to those on retirement visas.

Even part time work is an issue. The minimum salary for a work permit is another issue.

If you found a job with a large company they could possibly get the work permit. If you want to do it freelance that would require setting up a company to get the work permit.

My reply will bump your topic to the top of the page so maybe you will get some more replies.

Edited by ubonjoe

• 4 months later...
The short answer is no, any type of work requires a work permit and certainly here in Pattaya they have now stopped issuing work permits to holders of retirement extension of stay, what it is like elsewhere I have no idea.

Not Correct as I have just had my Non O based on retirement extended till 16 March 2010 and the next Day our Companys Accountant got my work permit extended as well till 16th March 2010 and I am in Pattaya as is the company I am employed by