Is There A Decent (non-fast-food) Burger In Pattaya?

Jingthing

I remember a Bangkok best hamburger contest. I won't go into detail but I had a hamburger at the number 1 and 2nd place winners. They really tasted nothing like a hamburger, lots of fillings and spices. If I want sausage, I'll order sausage. The Brits like spices in their hamburgers. Americans on the other hand like 100 percent beef with no additives. Beef should taste like beef.

and fries finely cut, not like slabs of potato

Slabs of potato are great tasty chips, :D

Thin fries, just taste of oil. like B-King or MC Donalds, nasty stuff :o

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a Bangkok best hamburger contest. I won't go into detail but I had a hamburger at the number 1 and 2nd place winners. They really tasted nothing like a hamburger, lots of fillings and spices. If I want sausage, I'll order sausage. The Brits like spices in their hamburgers. Americans on the other hand like 100 percent beef with no additives. Beef should taste like beef.

and fries finely cut, not like slabs of potato

oh the fine art of eating junk food the yanks are the worlds number 1 at eating junk and also talking junk :o:D

Had a few "hamburgers" during my past travels to London....

Must say...they were more "junk" food than anything I've ever had in the U.S.

Tasted like the Limeys were taking the name "ham-burger" literally.... a burger made of ham or something...

Whatever they were...they sure weren't made of real beef!!!! :o

Thanks for the ideas. I had been meaning to try Bobs but wouldn't have thought of some of these other places. BTW, does anyone else think the patty on that Queen Vic burger looks kind of strange? Maybe it tastes better than it looks.

To me it looks dry and tasteless. It gives me indigestion just looking at it.

Thanks for the ideas. I had been meaning to try Bobs but wouldn't have thought of some of these other places. BTW, does anyone else think the patty on that Queen Vic burger looks kind of strange? Maybe it tastes better than it looks.

Actually it's very juicy. :o (fk get down there and try it, stop whinging before even a bite has been taken)

If the Brits want to add herbs and spices to their hamburger, that's up to them. It just seems strange to me that they don't want to taste the beef if there actually is any. Topping the hamburger(?) off with a fried egg and cucumbers seems the ultimate insult to beef. I had a hamburger in Loei and it was pork. The waitress told me that WAS a hamburger and if I wanted a beef burger, I should have ordered a beef burger.

Went to the Hard Rock Cafe about two years ago. Quiet afternoon. Felt like a USA cheeseburger. Ordered it with fries. It came out looking pretty good. Nice lettuce, tomato and onions. Tasted good. Unfortunately, a few hours later, my body rejected that burger. Had the runs. Took about three trips to the can to get rid of that over the next few hours. I don't get sick easily, but my body lets me know if something was off. Only got sick one other time in my 8 trips to thailand. On my first trip I ate at Savoy seafood right there on second road and Central Pattaya road. I had some sort of beef dish. It was weird and chewy. That took two days to get over.

In general I avoid Thai beef. I have had some good steaks at the Longhorn and one of those lobster places off of walking street, but beef dishes in general I avoid. Pork kabobs around the clock. Those "chicken" pita sandwiches late night on soi 7 or soi 8, yummy. Just that beef. yech.

Actually it's very juicy. :o (fk get down there and try it, stop whinging before even a bite has been taken)

fk, who's whinging? I saw a photo of a burger and made a comment on what I saw. A plate of thick greasy chips with a huge slab of meat on a bun is an invitation for indigestion/heart burn.

I will not try food that doesn't look appertising just because Britmaveric said it's nice.

It just seems strange to me that they don't want to taste the beef if there actually is any. Topping the hamburger(?) off with a fried egg and cucumbers seems the ultimate insult to beef.

Speak for yourself. A burger is not complete until you've added an egg, fresh tomatoes, cucumber or pickle, beetroot and lettuce. If you need to taste beef alone, just eat the patty on it's own.

Apart from that, a lot of the beef in Pattaya could use an insult or two.

Edited by tropo

It just seems strange to me that they don't want to taste the beef if there actually is any. Topping the hamburger(?) off with a fried egg and cucumbers seems the ultimate insult to beef.

Speak for yourself. A burger is not complete until you've added an egg, fresh tomatoes, cucumber or pickle, beetroot and lettuce.

Tomatoes, lettuce and pickles are common and I really enjoy beatroot as well, but I rather have a fried egg sandwich or a burger. Both together tastes good too, but too many extra calories when either one would be fine.

Fries looked over done ,

fries look to me to need oil in fryer changed, they get a bit like that after a while, they need a drain, clean out, refill new oil, bit like soi 6 really, anyways tropical bert does some really nice burgers wi allsorts on, he made a new burger menu to celibrate siagon girl bar opening, so they all got funny names, we sell a lot of em and never had a moaner yet.

chris

Speak for yourself. A burger is not complete until you've added an egg, fresh tomatoes, cucumber or pickle, beetroot and lettuce. If you need to taste beef alone, just eat the patty on it's own.

Apart from that, a lot of the beef in Pattaya could use an insult or two.

I wondered what that red stuff was. I guess it must have been red beets. I think I made my point. :o I'm not sure if it was beef or not, I couldn't tell. The bartender said it was minced beef. I would have called it mushed beef. It was mushed VERY fine, almost like it was put in a blender.

While I agree that Bob's BBQ makes a decent burger, I've tried their so-called famous BBQ ribs a few

times...and I can say that they are marginal and over-rated!

Optionally, the burger at the Pattaya Beer Garden is also decent...and the view and ambiance is much nicer than at Bob's!

Edited by LukDod

It is most importantly not to forget the beetroot and pineapple

Mmmmmmmmmm Beetroot

:o

CB

Shennanigans @ the Avenue does a decent burger - sizable, served with steak fries (the fat ones)

Bob's is an ok burger - last time I had the ribs they were . . . just ok.

Best ribs I've had yet in Pattaya are the Monday night BBQ Ribs (and chicken!) special at Tigglebitties Tavern on Thepprasit 17. 250b for a sizeable platter of meaty ribs slathered in sauce. Mmmm, mmm, good.

Apparently Bob has been away on holiday and from all reports elsewhere the staff have been running things their way!

Beetroot....a burger has to have beetroot! I can eat an American style burger without bacon and egg, but without beetroot there isn't much going for it! :o

If the Brits want to add herbs and spices to their hamburger, that's up to them. It just seems strange to me that they don't want to taste the beef if there actually is any. Topping the hamburger(?) off with a fried egg and cucumbers seems the ultimate insult to beef. I had a hamburger in Loei and it was pork. The waitress told me that WAS a hamburger and if I wanted a beef burger, I should have ordered a beef burger.

Seems like a reasonable assumption, why would you call a burger made with ham anything other than a HAMburger, or a burger made with beef anything other than a BEEFburger???

Beetroot on a burger is an Aussie thing and beetroots are good, so why not? Pineapple? That sounds wrong, but whatever. People should have on their burger what they want on their burger. Hamburger is the proper word for a a beef patty sandwich in a bun, that literal minded Thai lady is misinformed.

Edited by Jingthing

Beetroot on a burger is an Aussie thing and beetroots are good, so why not? Pineapple? That sounds wrong, but whatever. People should have on their burger what they want on their burger.

Definitely. Hold the beetroot and add pineapple and ham (or bacon) and you've got another Aussie favourite... An Hawaiian burger.

IMG_1203.jpg

Example from Queen Vic - 32oz monster. Some lad ordered this and didnt realize how big it was. :D Anyways they have smaller ones mushroom swiss one is yummy!! :o

I'll see your burger and raise you one...

2008-06-thailand7%20105.jpg

This is the big size from Bob's BBQ on Soi LK Metro. My buddy said it was pretty tasty, though an hour after he ate it (the whole thing -- for the 50% discount), he puked most of it up. Said he felt pretty good after puking.

More burger pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/acassidy/BobsBigBurger#

oh the fine art of eating junk food the yanks are the worlds number 1 at eating junk and also talking junk :D:D

I agree with you, America has way too much junk food. of course the English must be eating most of it, since most englishmen i have run into are rather large in the waistline, unless they are eating that english health food .........ready?..................fish and chips :o

I don't have time to read this whole thread therefore I don't know if this place has been mentioned...Fatties. It's on second road and sells good burgers. I haven't had one in a while, but they were good two years ago.

Ya they had a new branch in the Villa but closed..can't say I was sorry; terrible burgers..

Maybe they were good two years ago though, there is a lot of inconsitancy in Thailand..