The Off Topic Thread

bkkjames

There seem to be a firedrill/excersise here, alarm is ringing.

Should I go outside or something?

:D

And that clip of the cat is very bad CB!!!!!! :)

How can someone do that to nice animal.

Study study study study, for what?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will be moving to the new apartment soon ... the problem is they do not let me feed any pets.

but i will try to bring some fish in... i like aquarium but have no idea how long they gonna stay alive!!!

Just buy a rubber duck then.

:)

You will never guess his age.......................? UNLESS YOU STUDY hard

How old is Grandpa???

Stay with this -- the answer is at the end. It will blow you away.

One evening a grandson was talking to his grandfather about current events.

The grandson asked his grandfather what he thought about the shootings at schools, the computer age, and just things in general.

The Grandfather replied, "Well, let me think a minute, I was born before:

' television

' penicillin

' polio shots

' frozen foods

' Xerox

' contact lenses

' Frisbees and

' the pill

There were no:

'credit cards

' laser beams or

' ball-point pens

Man had not invented:

' panty hose

' air conditioners

' dishwashers

' clothes dryers

' and the clothes were hung out to dry in the fresh air and

' man hadn't yet walked on the moon

Every family had a father and a mother.

Until I was 25, I called every man older than me, "Sir".

And after I turned 25, I still called policemen and every man with a title, "Sir."

We were before gay-rights, computer- dating, dual careers, day-care centers, and group therapy.

Our lives were governed by the Ten Commandments, good judgment, and common sense..

We were taught to know the difference between right and wrong and to stand up and take responsibility for our actions.

Serving your country was a privilege; living in this country was a bigger privilege.

We thought fast food was what people ate during Lent.

Having a meaningful relationship meant getting along with your cousins..

Draft dodgers were people who closed their front doors when the evening breeze started.

Time-sharing meant time the family spent together in the evenings and weekends-not purchasing condominiums.

We never heard of FM radios, tape decks, CDs, electric typewriters, yogurt, or guys wearing earrings.

We listened to the Big Bands, Jack Benny, and the President's speeches on our radios.

And I don't ever remember any kid blowing his brains out listening to Tommy Dorsey.

If you saw anything with 'Made in Japan ' on it, it was junk

The term 'making out' referred to how you did on your school exam.

Pizza Hut, McDonald's, and instant coffee were unheard of.

We had 5 &10-cent stores where you could actually buy things for 5 and 10 cents.

Ice-cream cones, phone calls, rides on a streetcar, and a Pepsi were all a nickel.

And if you didn't want to splurge, you could spend your nickel on enough stamps to mail 1 letter and 2 postcards.

You! could buy a new Chevy Coupe for $600, . . but who could afford one?

Too bad, because gas was 11 cents a gallon.

In my day:

' "grass" was mowed,

' "coke" was a cold drink,

' "pot" was something your mother cooked in and

' "rock music" was your grandmother's lullaby.

' "Aids" were helpers in the Principal's office,

' " chip" meant a piece of wood,

' "hardware" was found in a hardware store and

' "software" wasn't even a word.

And we were the last generation to actually believe that a lady needed a husband to have a baby. No wonder people call us "old and confused" and say there is a generation gap... and how old do you think I am?

I bet you have this old man in mind... you are in for a shock!

Read on to see -- pretty scary if you think about it and pretty sad at the same time..

Are you ready ?????

This man would be only 59 years old.

And does NOT have a duck :D

BT :D

It is hopeless nowadays with those snotty youngsters BT.

last time I showed my brothers daughter (she is 16) a cassette tape, she had no idea what it was........

i just remembered the police pulled me on my way home from the match last night and searched me for a good ten minutes

what the fuc_k was that all about?

Were you wearing a Barca top ? :D

BT :D

i was wearing a united shirt and they were laughing at me while they searched me

CB next time you are stopped ask the friendly policy enforcer,

Have I committed a crime?

Am I arrested?

Am I free to go? (if answers on the above questions are: No).

Have a good day officer....

Oh wait I see you were wearing a United shirt so in fact they had all the right to put you in jail! :)

i just remembered the police pulled me on my way home from the match last night and searched me for a good ten minutes

let me guess - you were up Rachada way? Perhaps it had something to do with having a red shirt on?

cos manu sucks :)

BT- i just finished the 1st year in the stupid uni. now i changed the uni to start 1st year.... LOL

seems like the most appropriate uni for you my dear, did you pass - and do they teach you how to look after goldfish?

let me guess - you were up Rachada way? Perhaps it had something to do with having a red shirt on?

it was the white jersey

thithi, manu do not suck

it was not the one for me... they got students in gave them stupid advisers who werent willing to help student. at first they say they will try to help students but When there is problem they say "solve ur own problem it's not my problem. i'm not helping. Do it urself" then those basts gonna insult you in everything... such a sh*thole. then i had better quit and study what i like.

manu sucks

Edited by thithi

As I said in earlier post................ :)

I think it might be a conspiracy, keep the people stupid so they don't ask difficult questions, more easy to control... :D

Now there is your chance to change Thailand's future for the better.

Start a movement and infiltrate government, assassinate everyone who does not agree with you as they can be regarded as part of "The Elite"

But really it is a bit similar from what I have seen from the latest exams from uni's in Holland, it is pathetic what they ask and student are complaining that this years exams are very very difficult.

Another girlie here on TV went study in Holland and she had a lot of difficulties learning and she was graduated from a uni here in Thailand.

I have talked with this girlie in person and her English was very very good.

The Uni she studies is an international one, only teach in English so for almost everyone it is their second language.

The system how they teach in Holland is to challenge you to find answers, for example they would ask me why Genghis Khan was successful and asked the next student why he was not.

You would be given a week and prepare a presentation that gave the answer.

The teacher would go through your research and give advice during the week as you had to report your findings everyday.

This requires very knowledgeable teachers with good interpersonal skills and experience, which I think are not that many of them anywhere.

The presentations were always a very good learning moment as the students also had to explain where and how they got their info from and how they came to their conclusion and after the presentation other students were allowed to ask questions to the presenter.