Fullmoon Party Mugging!

This morning about 7:30 in bright day light, a young man attending the full moon party at Haad Rin Beach, Ko Phangan, was on his way back to the transfer pier when he was attacked by three locals, knocked unconscious and injured on his back with what appeared to be a Knuckleduster!

They approached him and asked for his belongings, he tried to push one of the attackers going for his bag, back and was immediately attacked by all three!

Lost all his belongings, cash, digital camera, newly bough cell phone!

finally a "Boat-Taxi" Operator came to his aid but seeing this man com running up the beach, the three attackers took off... while it turned out that the "Boat-Taxi" operator was just after a customer, who turned out to be robbed, so no money, no nothing! :o

Edited by Samuian

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning about 7:30 in bright day light, a young man attending the full moon party at Haad Rin Beach, Ko Phangan, was on his way back to the transfer pier when he was attacked by three locals, knocked unconscious and injured on his back with what appeared to be a Knuckleduster!

They approached him and asked for his belongings, he tried to push one of the attackers going for his bag, back and was immediately attacked by all three!

Lost all his belongings, cash, digital camera, newly bough cell phone!

finally a "Boat-Taxi" Operator came to his aid but seeing this man com running up the beach, the three attackers took off... while it turned out that the "Boat-Taxi" operator was just after a customer, who turned out to be robbed, so no money, no nothing! :o

So what's new ?

Where was the service of the fuc.... safety of Tourism association of Haad Rin? :o

...was the first question I asked the guy... no cop's, no security... had they all gone home already?

Have the attackers been aware of this?

Where was the service of the fuc.... safety of Tourism association of Haad Rin? :o

...was the first question I asked the guy... no cop's, no security... had they all gone home already?

I thought all the cops in LOS go home at 5pm....

Union rights?

always stay in pairs or more

It was a group of 7 but they split up and the victim is not a small feather weight guy ....! has this really become regular "news"?

Run of the mill these day's. wouldent even make the front page. I think it's important to remember what was said before, stay in pairs at least :o

Not sure this is news, I hear about people getting mugged and beaten up on a regular basis both at the Full Moon party and in Samui itself, sometimes by Thais, sometimes by foreigners.

and it seems a common misconception that any Thai person must be local, MSingh.

Not sure this is news, I hear about people getting mugged and beaten up on a regular basis both at the Full Moon party and in Samui itself, sometimes by Thais, sometimes by foreigners.

I am sure M Singh did say that it might not be locals ??/lets blame the blacks oh i mean thai or issaan people and be really nazi and negative ,because i am sure deep down thats what you old women want to do really SBK ,SAmuian and all the other serial posters of mafia stories , con men ,THAI'S !!! ( horrible people, then why the f#ck are you here for if its so bad .

Bad farrang developers , bad thais exploiting Farrangs ,mafia exploiting everyone , get real and get a life

And what was Samuians point was for the first posting ,scare mongering or forgiveme is he the suratthani post and knows allthe doom and gloom news !! any chance of some positive threads or are they too boring .

Satrt a positive threads and ask Q and speak to people about how to change things rather than moaning

A Mugging oh my god , this never happens were we all comef rom be it USA ,UK <Germany !!! >??

:o:D

Whoah, not sure what you are on about but you might want to tone down the aggressive manner there.

why ,don't like the truth all i read from most regular posters is negative about were we live and the farrangs ( majority) and Thai's

isthe reats ofthe world so great ? with out evelopers ,muggers and bad people

lets try and get a balanced view for a change and try and change things ,give me a couple of days i will speak to a friend in tourist police and ask his opinion on this and what bthere are doing to stop things likethis rather than painting a bad picture of this island and all that live here .

maybe you all shouldattend one of btrhe regular seminars by the powers that be andput your views across

I am sure M Singh did say that it might not be locals ??/lets blame the blacks oh i mean thai or issaan people and be really nazi and negative ,because i am sure deep down thats what you old women want to do really SBK ,SAmuian and all the other serial posters of mafia stories , con men ,THAI'S !!! ( horrible people, then why the f#ck are you here for if its so bad .

Bad farrang developers , bad thais exploiting Farrangs ,mafia exploiting everyone , get real and get a life

And what was Samuians point was for the first posting ,scare mongering or forgiveme is he the suratthani post and knows allthe doom and gloom news !! any chance of some positive threads or are they too boring .

Satrt a positive threads and ask Q and speak to people about how to change things rather than moaning

A Mugging oh my god , this never happens were we all comef rom be it USA ,UK <Germany !!! >??

Easy Bob, easy.

Breath in through your nose & out through your mouth... :D

:o I must say that is the first time I've been accused of being anti-Thai :D

You misunderstand ,i am not calling anybody anti Thai ,but a lot of you are anti everything outside your retirement bubble,anti making money anti development (which is natural proggression ) I am sure you areold enouhg to remember the 60'sand 70's flairs loud shirts ,power cuts ,3day weeks ,union rule , east end mob rule( no muggings though ,part of change that imust say i am not happy with ) BEDSITS , signs outside places tp rent inlondon saying "quote" no blacks,irish or dogs (in that order ) rackman type landlords .

we are all anti pollution ,but i asume we all drive cars or ride bikes hypirictical to expect money making machines to think different,but instead of slating everybody and everything please please please give alternatives

lets all offer ours services to the tourist police volunteers so theplace is safer

lets offer advise on how money making machines can go green and still make a buck -its small but you will achieve a lot more that way than just moaning at the end of the day whats happened around the world recently should tell us that it's all about money unfortunatley !!!

my rant over , good night

tomorrow i am going to look and green ways of building and power to try and do my bit to save the island and planet.

because buildings willstill be built if there is a marketor potential for a market ,if noone is buying then the trend will soon stop and the money machines will dry up

You misunderstand ,i am not calling anybody anti Thai ,but a lot of you are anti everything outside your retirement bubble,anti making money anti development (which is natural proggression ) I am sure you areold enouhg to remember the 60'sand 70's flairs loud shirts ,power cuts ,3day weeks ,union rule , east end mob rule( no muggings though ,part of change that imust say i am not happy with ) BEDSITS , signs outside places tp rent inlondon saying "quote" no blacks,irish or dogs (in that order ) rackman type landlords .

we are all anti pollution ,but i asume we all drive cars or ride bikes hypirictical to expect money making machines to think different,but instead of slating everybody and everything please please please give alternatives

lets all offer ours services to the tourist police volunteers so theplace is safer

lets offer advise on how money making machines can go green and still make a buck -its small but you will achieve a lot more that way than just moaning at the end of the day whats happened around the world recently should tell us that it's all about money unfortunatley !!!

tomorrow i am going to look and green ways of building and power to try and do my bit to save the island and planet.

because buildings willstill be built if there is a marketor potential for a market ,if noone is buying then the trend will soon stop and the money machines will dry up

Advice.........

1.) Go to Pharmacy

2.) Purchase Xanax

3.) Eat 1

4.) Wait 30 mins and prepare to Relax

note. Do not repeat step 3 too often, can be habit forming.........

Edited by womble

Advice.........

1.) Go to Pharmacy

2.) Purchase Xanax

3.) Eat 1

4.) Wait 30 mins and prepare to Relax

note. Do not repeat step 3 too often, can be habit forming.........

Well womble didnot mention you by name , but true colour comes out and you are one of them"so to speak of " anti everything with alot to say and have a negative opinion on

other retirires ( acusse the spell not educated like the moaners )

alf garnet

victor meldrew

to name acouple

Totally, completely, 1000% irrelevant. This is a forum about Samui-KPG-Koh Tao not anywhere else. People here want to read news about what is happening HERE. Good news or bad.

Totally, completely, 1000% irrelevant. This is a forum about Samui-KPG-Koh Tao not anywhere else. People here want to read news about what is happening HERE. Good news or bad.

Take things out context if you will ,read the thread and what the moaners post 90% doom and gloom, if you think thats 100% correct well all i can say is CNN ???maybe you better to write in brail becasue you must be walking around with your eyes closed or the glass is always half empty

Union rights?

No, afraid of the dark. :D

Well that was you told, SBK, wasn't it? How is your retirement bubble anyway? :o

Must be pretty good patsycat since I didn't even know about it.

As for the idea that this is news. well, no, its no more news than saying 5000 people got totally wasted on the beach and people got their stuff stolen. Happens all the time, regardless of whether or not its Koh Phangan, Koh Samui or Timbuktu. And yes, this is the Samui forum but that still doesn't make it newsworthy.

Well that was you told, SBK, wasn't it? How is your retirement bubble anyway? :o

As for the idea that this is news. well, no, its no more news than saying 5000 people got totally wasted on the beach and people got their stuff stolen. Happens all the time, regardless of whether or not its Koh Phangan, Koh Samui or Timbuktu. And yes, this is the Samui forum but that still doesn't make it newsworthy.

I couldn't disagree more - It is newsworthy. Maybe not to you long-timers who are used to it but to some it is. This forum provides a valuable service to thousands of people - residents and tourists alike. Everyone knows it's basically a paradise down here, that's why they come. If a thread like this reminds just a few of the tourists that it can also be dangerous they might be more careful and tell their friends to be as well. It can't hurt for people to be more careful.

Besides, if these stories scare away the tourists, isn't that what many of you want in the first place? Less tourists so the islands can go back to the "good old days"?

Speaking of "it happens everywhere"...how many countries have an insurgency in the south, a war getting ready to break out with a neighbor to the east, mass demonstrations forcing out the gov't in the capital and beach parties with over 10,000 people doing all kinds of illegal substances where some get mugged, beaten, stabbed or drowned each month AND the country is still considered "paradise"? Pretty dam_n funny when you think about it. Maybe that's what I like about it. :D

Edited by koheesti

Well said, SBK!

Living in Haad Rin, sometime i see something bad (don't need to list here), but going back in my country, or everywhere tourists congregate, it happens the same: some violence, pickpockets, muggling, katoeys, etc.

KPG like Rhodes, Ibiza, Brazil, London, Rome, Love Parade, etc

...... Happens all the time, regardless of whether or not its Koh Phangan, Koh Samui or Timbuktu. And yes, this is the Samui forum but that still doesn't make it newsworthy.

No it doesn't - are you for real?

It is BAD news, really, bad news and that the coppers either the "Tourist" or the Local Cops couldn't even be bothered, we do have a very disgruntled bunch of students who going to leave this country with a really bad aftertaste, they have mates, they will tell, Universities ... blogs, it will make it's way around and another bad image is added to the Thailand - Party Scene!

It is about prevention, not "Thai-Style sweep it under the carpet pray it may never happen to you and forget"...