Thai Govt May Move Asean Summit To Chiang Mai

sylviex

Thai govt may move Asean Summit to Chiang Mai

By Nantida Puangthong

The Nation

Thailand is readly to host the 14th Asean Summit in December but is considering whether to move the venue to Chiang Mai, a Thai Foreign Ministry source said.

The summit was initially planned to be held at Centara Grand Hotel in Bangkok from December 14 to 18.

However the political tensions particularly anti-government protest which has occupied the Government for months have forced the government to reconsider the plan.

Complete item at nationmultimedia.com/2008/10/23/politics/politics_30086706.php Edited by sylviex

Might help fill some of the 5-star hotels & resorts, after all, it's only the respective taxpayers who'll be paying. :o

Just hope that mad-ex-policeman doesn't show up, with his cohorts, to demonstrate loyalty to the government, or whatever. :D

Great idea to move it to CM because nobody would protest since everybody here loves Tacky's fourth government and of course nobody in Thailand would ever get on a bus to go to a protest.

I'd protest but I'd look so silly standing alone.

I have just been sent an email which says summit definitely now in CM.

Although this email seemed to rely on info. from Chinese delegates who were told their destination would now be CM. for the summit.

Anyone else have any confirmation??