Dating A Thai Chinese Girl?

drronnie

Is this a race issue? It’s not the dating that’s an issue. It’s being accepted by the parents.

I can only imagine it being similar to the difficulties non-whites might have faced when dating someone’s daughter 50 years ago.

As a white western man I understand this, not from reason, but from history. Some people don’t think the way I do, they have different opinions and fears and see society differently.

I don’t want to date a white skinned Swedish woman…. or do I? Or should I be looking for a steaming hot Caribbean woman? or should I care… actually I don’t so long as I am attracted to them for whatever right reasons there may be.

I wouldn’t be able to identify exactly what it is, but whatever I have found in past and present it’s nothing I searched for but something I’ve observed after finding it, and like any other relationship that anyone else has it takes a path towards success or failure. That’s down to two people and no one else.

I am dating someone I wouldn’t have met had we not been in a similar environment and similarly suitable.

That said, I can see how fickle some people can be, but I believe that’s out of self preservation (of image more than anything else). The woman I have dated I have so not out of any specific choice but because that is whom I’ve met.

But also the way I see people treat each other I think I have become guilty of being subconsciously manipulated by a social system in Thailand which benefits certain people. Naturally and subconsciously I have accepted this.

The result of all this is that as a westerner and given much of the stigma attached to mixed relationships, I find that as a couple the only life I could enjoy here is one were I have found in any situation I am treated equally and respectfully.

I have found that when dating a lady who is universally respected life is much easier. I’m dating and will marry in the foreseeable future a Thai Chinese girl…

Edited by richard_smith237

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, marriage between 2 people can work if they both look beyond the petty issues of race and what others think. If you ask me, I would marry a Caucasian woman against my Chinese parents' wishes even though I know they would disapprove and be unhappy. At the end of the day, I believe I should do what makes me happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Racist comments have been deleted. Please read the forum rules again before posting

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

But I think that Thai Chinese girls also like to check out the social status before going on a date with a guy.

All women like to check out the social status.... :D You just may not have been aware of it before!

So I'd say chinese thai girls might be less covert about it.

Or do you think you'll get by on looks and personality? It's a dynasty being planned here, not an shaving commercial.

Google "women+evolution" :)

Every time I meet a University student who tells me that thy are studying medicine, they are always Chinese. And they seem to mention it rather quickly. Like, My name is "---" that's Chinese. Whether they have any perception that farang favor Chinese or are just proud of the fact, I do not know, but there is definitely a desire in my opinion to share this fact, quickly. As for them being spoiled, I disagree. The ones I know who are studying seem to be in very strict households. Yes, they probably don't cook for themselves or make their own bed, but why should they when they are studying medicine? I don't think its necessary a bad thing to be brought up in this manner.

I think that there will always be the personality and values difference between people who are born into money and come from generations of educated people and those who have made money through grinding it out in business. The latter can often be a bit more unpolished, they are intelligent in their own way but probably did not think much of school and do not use their schooling directly to make money.

At the end of the day, although I personally fall into the lack of schooling category myself, I can definitely appreciate these families who value education and do not want their daughter marrying less than a doctor. I am happy with my lot in life, but I can definitely see the difference between myself and someone who had the moxy to make it through twelve years of medical schooling. It displays different attributes.

So long story short, I think spoiled is an unfair assumption. Its just a different set of values. Me, personally, my kids will be making their own beds. Why? Probably 'cause I had to and that is what I know, so that's what I will teach them.

I'm pretty sure most university students are immature compared to working people their same age all over the world, myself included, but who cares, it's good times and why hurry with this economic situation plus it's the best place to meet girls with looks and brains :) Not so many Thai-Chinese where I study though, will have to change to Chula for the major.

I'm dating a Thai Chinese girl since one week, looks great and has good family and everything. Looks just the same as a Thai from the same social level. They grew up in Thailand anyway.

Congratulations on getting a date. :)

I'm dating a Thai Chinese girl since one week, looks great and has good family and everything. Looks just the same as a Thai from the same social level. They grew up in Thailand anyway.

Yeah Mr Toad has been trying for years....perhaps you might like to give him some tips :D

Yeah Mr Toad has been trying for years....perhaps you might like to give him some tips :D

Thanks Neverdie, it's quite difficult attracting the University educated, Hi-So, Billionaire, beautful woman when I spend most of my time sprawled out on the corner of Nana drinking cheap grog, and taking a monthly trip to Cambodia. Spare some change, Guv?

Every time I meet a University student who tells me that thy are studying medicine, they are always Chinese. And they seem to mention it rather quickly. Like, My name is "---" that's Chinese. Whether they have any perception that farang favor Chinese or are just proud of the fact, I do not know, but there is definitely a desire in my opinion to share this fact, quickly. As for them being spoiled, I disagree. The ones I know who are studying seem to be in very strict households. Yes, they probably don't cook for themselves or make their own bed, but why should they when they are studying medicine? I don't think its necessary a bad thing to be brought up in this manner. I think that there will always be the personality and values difference between people who are born into money and come from generations of educated people and those who have made money through grinding it out in business. The latter can often be a bit more unpolished, they are intelligent in their own way but probably did not think much of school and do not use their schooling directly to make money. At the end of the day, although I personally fall into the lack of schooling category myself, I can definitely appreciate these families who value education and do not want their daughter marrying less than a doctor. I am happy with my lot in life, but I can definitely see the difference between myself and someone who had the moxy to make it through twelve years of medical schooling. It displays different attributes. So long story short, I think spoiled is an unfair assumption. Its just a different set of values. Me, personally, my kids will be making their own beds. Why? Probably 'cause I had to and that is what I know, so that's what I will teach them.

Yes, and also the different of possibility. People who had never done their own bed/wash and clean did it when they had to do it. When the Thai students went to study abroad the parents say, "Now you will be rehabilitated ! ha ha". Coming back, the old easy life style set in. The maids do it and the kids play piano.

PS: Most parent who said that also doesn't do the domestic work.

Edited by oldsparrow

^ :D:)

I also forgot to mention, that there are very few available hi-so Thai Chinese, overseas educated girls available, as most of them are dating Thai Visa members. :D

LOL, your a phunny krunt. Personally I prefer the uneducated lower class burma lo-so thai girls, they are much easier and cheaper to maintain, for example one girl I dated brought her whole family over to my pad to show them the light switch, they entertained themselves for hours, it was great and the gf's sister sure had a nice set of .......enuf of that, BUT it sure beats hi-so wannabe's that are busy luring their captive farang into the local department stores :D

^ :D:)

I also forgot to mention, that there are very few available hi-so Thai Chinese, overseas educated girls available, as most of them are dating Thai Visa members. :D

LOL, your a phunny krunt. Personally I prefer the uneducated lower class burma lo-so thai girls, they are much easier and cheaper to maintain, for example one girl I dated brought her whole family over to my pad to show them the light switch, they entertained themselves for hours, it was great and the gf's sister sure had a nice set of .......enuf of that, BUT it sure beats hi-so wannabe's that are busy luring their captive farang into the local department stores :D

I hope it was a nice shiny light switch, and maybe it was a dimmer as well. :D

Yes, and also the different of possibility. People who had never done their own bed/wash and clean did it when they had to do it. When the Thai students went to study abroad the parents say, "Now you will be rehabilitated ! ha ha". Coming back, the old easy life style set in. The maids do it and the kids play piano.

PS: Most parent who said that also doesn't do the domestic work.

Doing your own laundry and making your own bed is about as character building as changing the oil, brake pads, and timing belt in your car.... in other words, it's overrated. What next? Sacking your own groceries at Villa and helping to clean up the first class cabin after a flight?

:)

Yes, and also the different of possibility. People who had never done their own bed/wash and clean did it when they had to do it. When the Thai students went to study abroad the parents say, "Now you will be rehabilitated ! ha ha". Coming back, the old easy life style set in. The maids do it and the kids play piano. PS: Most parent who said that also doesn't do the domestic work.
Doing your own laundry and making your own bed is about as character building as changing the oil, brake pads, and timing belt in your car.... in other words, it's overrated. What next? Sacking your own groceries at Villa and helping to clean up the first class cabin after a flight? :)

ํำYes, but at least it's the parents' chance of imagine their kids doing something. Working in Thai restaurant or local store abroad is also another good plot for many in the hi so magazine interview. :D

Farang can learn something.

My cousin's hunband is a farang. He like apple so the in law put some in the fridge. He clean, peel, cut and ate them. Oneday he found them already processed.... After that, when it was the whole apple, the number hasn't reduced. :)

Edited by oldsparrow

Honestly it's easy to find the Thai-Chinese girls if this is really what you like.

Just don't hang out at Nana drinking beers :)

Anyway with my large roman style property, bmw x6 and the bi-coloured mini cooper I never use that's parked in my front yard's parking it's kinda easy, yes.

Edited by tommybkk

You certainly came to the right forum to talk about relationships with thai/chinese women.

Last time I checked nearly EVERY foreigner here on the T/V Forum is either dating, involved with, and/or already married to hi-so thai/chinese.

For clarities sake, hereinafter these women should be referred to as either "thai-nese" or "chi-land-nesians" depending on if they are more thai or more chinese in their lineage.

BTW, glad you got a date. You know what they say, "any port in a storm".

My cousin's hunband is a farang. He like apple so the in law put some in the fridge. He clean, peel, cut and ate them. Oneday he found them already processed.... After that, when it was the whole apple, the number hasn't reduced. :)

I sometimes get confused when reading the more complicated posts. <deleted> is this poster talking about ? :D:D:D:D

is it hard for a foreigner to date a Chinese Thai girl?

Wealth, duration, location, luck and personal details all are factors.

Get the combination right and off you groove :)

I think Thai girls are more independently minded, in general, compared to the Thai-Chinese ones.

I sometimes get confused when reading the more complicated posts. <deleted> is this poster talking about ? :D:D:D:D

His wife's family knows that he likes apples so they stocked some in the fridge for him. He doesn't eat the skin apparently, so he would clean, peel, and cut them himself. Then one day, the family either purchases apples that were already sliced or had the staff do it. After that, he never touched the whole apples again.

Edited by JohnGotti

Farang can learn something. My cousin's hunband is a farang. He like apple so the in law put some in the fridge. He clean, peel, cut and ate them. Oneday he found them already processed.... After that, when it was the whole apple, the number hasn't reduced. :)
I sometimes get confused when reading the more complicated posts. <deleted> is this poster talking about ? :D :D :D :D
His wife's family knows that he likes apples so they stocked some in the fridge for him. He doesn't eat the skin apparently, so he would clean, peel, and cut them himself. Then one day, the family either purchases apples that were already sliced or had the staff do it. After that, he never touched the whole apples again.

Thanks John. Yes, the story means that when someone who had looked after himself for the whole life faces domestic service, he tends to adjust himself to the new situation..

So you can see how rich Thai girls live their daily lives as they have been served since day 1 in the pamper. If you live with one, thereis no problem if she moves the maid regiment in. But if not, in some case, you may find that the daily domestic work annoy her.

The westerner may feel that having maid in the household is not very good for perfect privacy but it's the way of the rich Thais we talk of in this thread.

Oh well, one week down and about 1000 to go before you understand what makes her tick! Good Luck!

Apples and Oranges - Chinese and Westerners - go figure

Thanks John, I have never been good at pidgin english which is why I have chosen to go out with a well educated lower class Australian/Thai girl. She can do all the thai stuff plus open a stubbie with her belly button :D .