Where To Buy Aquarium Gravel ?

expatman

Where can I buy decorative gravel for the bottom of my aquarium ?

I think it might be available at Chatuchak (can anyone confirm ?), but hopefully there's someplace else downtown.

Also interested to hear where aquarium fish can be purchased - only places I know are Chatuchak and the Tesco Lotus on Rama 4.

Chatuchak...........Park in the big Department store and come outside all along the road is fish shops, have everything you would need....

In the car park some fish and lots of colored gravels in Makro at Pinklao...

where i live near Bang Yai there lots of places + a nice market at least 30 places [Tues-Sun 10:30 - about 17:30]

I think it might be available at Chatuchak (can anyone confirm ?), but hopefully there's someplace else downtown.

Also interested to hear where aquarium fish can be purchased - only places I know are Chatuchak and the Tesco Lotus on Rama 4.

Yes there are lots of places in Chatuchak - go to the back by JJ Mall. Also even more along Khampangpet Road that leads away from Chatuchak to the west. Mixed in around the nightclubs you'll find some big stores. Across the street just to the west of the produce market are more and many pet shops.

So let me guess, Tesco Rama 4 sells the fishies but not the tanks and the gravel?

Chatuchak is fine depending where you are in Bangkok. If you're over Srinakorin way then there's a big store on the top of Seri Center that sells all things aquarium like.

The place IN Seri is a dud ... but there are places outside on the side and back of Seri that sell fish tanks supplies etc ...

there's a place on Suk near Onnut too but it's pretty awful and hard to park near

Chatuchak is fine depending where you are in Bangkok. If you're over Srinakorin way then there's a big store on the top of Seri Center that sells all things aquarium like.

The place IN Seri is a dud ... but there are places outside on the side and back of Seri that sell fish tanks supplies etc ...

there's a place on Suk near Onnut too but it's pretty awful and hard to park near

one caveat, when purchasing from chatuchak, be on the look out for gravel with a high crushed coral content. in addition to being a party to environmental disater you will find it will really bugger your ph and make growing plants pretty difficult.

there are also high quality commercial gravels from plqaces like white crane in the emporium, but they cost and if you just want a couple of goldfish and do not care about plants they arent worth it

I went to Chatuchak last year and saw at least one fish store there. Weren't very friendly thou.

I asked the people in the store where where they got the live rocks and they looked at me as if I was a cop.

Sheesh...