Hi

I am considering buying a Studio (they call it a 1 bed room) of about 35sqmt at The Clover in Thonglor. The asking price is about 2.6ml Bhat. The intent is not to live in it but to rent it out.

Am not so familiar with BKK as most of you and would appreciate any views on:

1. Is it a good price?

2. In your view, will it be easy to rent?

Many thanks in advance.

Oh I know Clover very nice . Near is Tonglor tower where you can rent a 2br. at 16000-22000BHT per month. If you think to rent out your place it will not bring you more than 25000 fully furnished. so you will get back the money invested into this condo after a 10 years of constant rent... I don't see it as a WOW IT"S THE PLACE TO BUY but it's a good location on Tonglor, new and should be nice to live in.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Was out of Thailand for a while.

Thanks for the replies LazyCat & cmsally. The apartment and a couple of others are still available and am about to put down a deposit. Seller won't budge below 2.6 m BHT.

Luckily its not on the 9th floor.

Due to be handed over sometime in March 09.

Hope I can still get a tenant for it in 09.

Are there any restrictions on repatriating the rent reciepts and the final resale amount out of Thailand?

I do plan to check with my bank and a lawyer (any recommendations?) before making the final move, but in case anyone can share details it would be very appreciated.

Many thanks.

when the clover was first launched, a sales agent brought me to the site and I saw the plans,etc on the brochures, but didn't buy a 2 BR, 6th floor unit, about 70 sqm offered at 5.65 mil baht because the location is still quite far from both Sukhumvit or Petchburi. I wanted a project much closer to BTS station. However at launch, the project sold out in about 2 weeks, but I don't think prices have moved up too much.

If you are interested in purchasing for renting out, I can offer you a unit at Sukhumvit soi 26 called Condo One X, next to four Wings Hotel, 51.77 sqm, 1 BR with balcony and separated kitchen. I live mostly in Hong kong and use that unit about one week a month when I come to Bangkok and if sold to you, I would be willing to take back a rental contract on that unit. If interested, reply here or by email to <pcmar at netvigator dot com>. I am going to US now, and will be back to Bangkok on 8 Jan 09 when you can view the unit if you wish.

I have a unit at clover on the 4th floor in building A, 1 bdrm 35sqm.

Listed in couple websites but saw your thread so I thought I ask.

If you havent already I am trying to sell my unit as I will be going back to the states 6 months from now.

PM me, willing to sell at 2.5mill flat you pay name transfer fee.