Computers - Cm Based Network Engineer Reqd.

whiterussian

You talk like a Nigerian amateur? - Why would it matter if a network engineer has engineered networks in financial institutions in particular and how could a network engineer, situated in Chiang Mai, be of much use overseas except for providing bank account details?

Because networking an average office isnt the same as networking a bank. (or 20). Its not what you know its ...

Most I.T guys that make good money, and are possibly able to retired early, to for example - CM, where employed by financial insti's. At least thats the case in the UK.

Im OUTRAGED by your slur that Nigerians are scammers. (actually i couldnt give a hoot)

If you are a network engineer or know a Thai network engineer, and you want silly money, and i can meet you and ascertain you aren't bullshitting... please PM me. Otherwise, kindly Cork it. :o

Edited by UKWEBPRO

Basically i will need a team, I can get a team leader in London, from a Wall St firm. And need a few more... Thai/expats will be cheaper - commuting from here.

kind regards, no offense meant to anyone, especially grumpy Americans etc etc etc. blah blah blah.

:o

Edited by UKWEBPRO

Do you mean the daily e-mails I get from Nigeria (mostly) are valid???Let me get my account details ready!! Not all Americans are grumpy although after a few years of this anti-American dribble from so many Brits, I also am starting to lump all Brits into the same pile of dog crap. Only problem is many of my best buddies here are Brits. But they are from a time when civility was a trait of most.

Basically i will need a team, I can get a team leader in London, from a Wall St firm. And need a few more... Thai/expats will be cheaper - commuting from here.

kind regards, no offense meant to anyone, especially grumpy Americans etc etc etc. blah blah blah.

:o

Okay I am little confused. Is this for a bank or a trading firm or what? I have installed and admin'd for both. Are you concerned about specific data feed services like bloomberg or CQS? Middleware integration? security design and firewall performance?

There are a lot of different skill sets when it comes to financial institutions. The installation of part of network drops and switches are not so different from most companies.

What are the general spec's?

Thanks for the PM's, have a good set of replies and leads. Enough for now. Waiting on specs.

Many thanks

anti-American dribble from so many Brits, I also am starting to lump all Brits into the same pile of dog crap.

Sorry to offend Bunta, i also have many Yank friends, i lived there for a year when i was a kid, and have a good number of pals in the UK who came over in the 60's with the 'hippie' gang my parents were in... In fact i know many expat yanks here who left BECAUSE of bush and the creeping authoritarian state aka homeland security...

Anti-American dribble... hmmm... I think you may find your electing an idiot to run the worlds most powerful nation - TWICE - may have something to do with this. European countries are small. Unlike the US. ONE SINGLE dirty bomb in eg: London will KILL the economy of the entire country - maybe for good. If this happens in the US, maybe ford motors will stop for a few months, for example...

And before you say you didnt vote for him, neither did the rest of the world, who you push around for cheap oil and commodities. I DID protest in the million strong march in London. And DID grow up with the DAILY threat of Irish bombing funded partly by Yanks. (rather good actually - many days off school!) eg: One bomb that was on a railway line i used daily - had been lying there for 7 years!! And for example - ALL central offices in London have bomb proof curtains to this day, very drab grey...

Anyway this isnt the time or place...

Im sure had the British Empire been in posession of such huge armed forces such as yours, (3 times the nearest rival - China) we would have employed the same heavy handed approach... Maybe we did in India/Africa. But at least we taught them how to take afternoon tea and scones.

Anyway you guys have redeemed yourselves now.. even the French may start to welcome you!

Please bear in mind i do not know one single unpleasant yank in CM, im sure if i looked i could find some... but my point is, i dont care. I am a mongrel through and through from many countries. And proud of it! National pride is a thing of the past...

Edited by UKWEBPRO

Just a side note: PAKISTAN

Regions with significant populations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistani_diaspora

Saudi Arabia 1,100,000

United Kingdom 900,000

United Arab Emirates 500,000

United States 210,415

This is in a country "slightly smaller than Oregon"

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...eos/uk.html#Geo

Edited by UKWEBPRO

Do you mean the daily e-mails I get from Nigeria (mostly) are valid???Let me get my account details ready!! Not all Americans are grumpy although after a few years of this anti-American dribble from so many Brits, I also am starting to lump all Brits into the same pile of dog crap. Only problem is many of my best buddies here are Brits. But they are from a time when civility was a trait of most.

<deleted>! :o

Let's all be thankful for the things we still have.

We have all lost a lot....but we still have each other as friends!

Hope to see you all at the TV BBQ on Saturday.

And yes I am also a mongrel. American with Anglo-Irish and Welsh grandparents.

We should all try to get along. :o