Computer Software

Asmerom

I promise I've searched this Forum for "Computer Software" and neither word surprisingly yields any results. I'm looking for one of those Dummy Books : namely, "Macbook for Dummies' as I have a relatively new Apple Mac Pro laptop and get frustrated realising I don't use 80% of its true potential. I was also looking for the CD of Microsoft Office for Home and Students 2008,( yes only 2008), not 2007, which I did find.

I looked in Computer City and Computer Plaza, both siuated at the NW corner of the City (Hua Rin corner) on the northern moat road -called Manee Noparat on my map, and I vaguely browsed around Central Airport Plaza without any success.The Thai online stores only seem to have 2007 version of Microsoft Office and no Dummy Books.

Looks as if I'll have to order them from Amazon and wait a couple of weeks, unless anyone can point me to a store in Chiang Mai. Surely there must be one which stocks these popular products.

Edited by Asmerom

I promise I've searched this Forum for "Computer Software" and neither word surprisingly yields any results. I'm looking for one of those Dummy Books : namely, "Macbook for Dummies' as I have a relatively new Apple Mac Pro laptop and get frustrated realising I don't use 80% of its true potential. I was also looking for the CD of Microsoft Office for Home and Students 2008,( yes only 2008), not 2007, which I did find.

I looked in Computer City and Computer Plaza, both siuated at the NW corner of the City (Hua Rin corner) on the northern moat road -called Manee Noparat on my map, and I vaguely browsed around Central Airport Plaza without any success.The Thai online stores only seem to have 2007 version of Microsoft Office and no Dummy Books.

Looks as if I'll have to order them from Amazon and wait a couple of weeks, unless anyone can point me to a store in Chiang Mai. Surely there must be one which stocks these popular products.

I can't answer any of these specific questions, but you didn't mention visiting Panthip Plaza (in south side of city), which is loaded with computer software and hardware.

Have you tried MacZone_ http://www.maczone.co.th/contact/index.php

Regarding the book, you should really be looking in the major bookstores......... e.g. DK, Airport Plaza, Central and the large bookstore on Rachawithi just along from the UN Irish Pub. Plenty of computer titles in all those places........ mostly Thai-language but occasionally English. If you don't find what you're looking for on the shelves, the staff might be able to order it for you.

Regarding the book, you should really be looking in the major bookstores......... e.g. DK, Airport Plaza, Central and the large bookstore on Rachawithi just along from the UN Irish Pub. Plenty of computer titles in all those places........ mostly Thai-language but occasionally English. If you don't find what you're looking for on the shelves, the staff might be able to order it for you.

No bookstore ,that I can find, has Computer books in English, certainly NOT the second-hand bookstore in Ratchawithi and definitely NOT the big bookstore in Robinsons at the Airport Plaza. It will have to be Amazon for books.

Regarding the MS Home and Office 2008 I found it at both the recommended Maczone shops ( a treasure to find) and in the smaller I-Studio (Airport Plaza) priced at 7500baht. I ended up buying Apple's own "iWork" for half the price but which enables me to write letters and download documents, which is all I really wanted.

As for Panthip Plaza the "directions" were too vague to find it.

Edited by Asmerom