Sauerbraten Today

thaigerd

Started very early this morning. Beef has been marinated for 1 week:

NOW you have done it ...... got to make it next week .. even though the one picture looks a bit like a dead carcas floating in a Klong :o since I know what it is and how it tastes ... I will make the "Rheinische" Version though, with added Raisons since I love the slight sweet explsoions in your mouth when biting onto one of them.

Will make it with Potato Dumplings 1/2 + 1/'2 and I do not care if I have to eat it all myself :D

Started very early this morning. Beef has been marinated for 1 week:

NOW you have done it ...... got to make it next week .. even though the one picture looks a bit like a dead carcas floating in a Klong :o since I know what it is and how it tastes ... I will make the "Rheinische" Version though, with added Raisons since I love the slight sweet explsoions in your mouth when biting onto one of them.

Will make it with Potato Dumplings 1/2 + 1/'2 and I do not care if I have to eat it all myself :D

John,

thanks for the "dead carcas" :D but I know what u mean.

Not so many german speaking/eating members here, so I knew you what answer to "Sauerbraten".

Will have the potato dumplings as well.

Gerd

I love sauerbraten, but my two atempts at it came out as merely roast beef with some tangy sauce.

I wouldn't mind a good recipe if you could post or PM it.

It may not be an authentic combination, but I love mine with spaetzle.

:D

See what I mean Gerd, "Sauerbraten" is unknown to most none Germans and even when I was in New York, when I went to 80 something street which is full of German Restaurants, Pork Knuckles and "Wiener Schnitzel " were everywhere but hardly a "Sauerbraten" in sight.

In some of the New York jewish restaurants they serve "pickled Beef" which is quite close. The unique texture and taste of "Sauerbraten" would probably be enjoyed by a lot of people if they were to try it

the picture though ... lol ... :o may be less enticing, especially the one

Edited by JohnBKKK