A Little Safety Tips And Shopping Advice For The Lone Travelling Dyke

LucifeL

Pratunam is good for original clothes, lots of fashion school/design grads with stands & shops, not sure what size you mentioned but I'm a UK 7/41 & struggled to find shoes to fit me but you may get lucky. Taxis can be got all night, I've taken them alone in the wee hours & never had a problem myself so use your best judgment, just take care standing out alone concentrating on photographing buildings, you wont be focused on who is around you but this is basic common sense & you sound like you are used to this stuff.

Take care with the phots in the current political climate

Pratunam is good for original clothes, lots of fashion school/design grads with stands & shops, not sure what size you mentioned but I'm a UK 7/41 & struggled to find shoes to fit me but you may get lucky. Taxis can be got all night, I've taken them alone in the wee hours & never had a problem myself so use your best judgment, just take care standing out alone concentrating on photographing buildings, you wont be focused on who is around you but this is basic common sense & you sound like you are used to this stuff.

Take care with the phots in the current political climate

Have good time Thailand I showed this topic to my thai wife she says if you a ladyboy wearing the boots you like just ask him where he bought them.Thailand is quite safe just use your brain :D

yeah thass wat i'been planning to do... :D hope it works...me planning to use the brain ... ofcourse .. u guys have been of such a great help, would't know what i would do without you guys...Thanks :o

(Pardon the following generalisations, they are only my personal observations from living here):

I would say Bangkok is comparatively safe and you won't be harassed if your style appears different from the many. Thai people don't get intimidated in the same way as westerners can get. However, you should be aware though that Thai people might point out your style or difference quite bluntly in a conversation or passing by. But this is very different from the kind of harassment one could get in a western society. It is not ill willed as such, it's a bit more like making conversation by friendly teasing or simply using it as a springboard for further conversation. Just as an example, If you are overweight you will find that people will point this out quite often. If you would get upset at such a remark, they will probably not understand you. (Also, getting upset and making noise is in general a bad thing here, not like in western societies where people can have arguments in public without it being much of a big deal. Here you will lose face and respect very quickly if you loose your temper. Giving someone "the evil eye" is quite enough).

If you treat people well and have an open mind, then you will meet and get to know a lot of friendly, lovely people. Have a good time in Bangkok!

well i am from india, and i guess its official i am an absolut goner when it comes to high heel boots.. I am an UK size 9 1/2. My feet measure 10 3/4 inches, 27cm...

ok i have buried my hopes... coz i dont want to carry any expectations and then get dissapointed once i am there... though i read most of the people in Pratunam complex and platinum mall are international wholesalers..i think i will go and talk to them if they have any smaples to sell or any plus size models.

Hey Hammockwoman, thanks a great idea... if i see any nice dragqueens or thai ladyboys with huge feet, guess i will ask them...

WOW, with feet that big you would have been a real hit with the ladies if you were born a man....as opposed to being born a TOM. You are probably going to love Bangkok.....I'm not sure what you want to use peperspray/taser for.....perhaps some kindof kinky fetish or something, BUT im not sure if you should walk the streets armed with these items if you were thinking of 'defense', because as it goes....pepperspray isnt much use in a gun fight! :o