Gaggenau Appliances

Was reviewing the manuals of the Gaggenau appliances that are installed in all units at the Park Chidlom, and for the dish washer it suggests owners take care regarding "hard water" conditions. If hard water is of concern, then spots and marks will occur on glasses etc. But I also worry if hard water will over time clog the tiny water spouts with calciuum deposits and other items. Manual indicates owners can purchase "water softner" to pour into the dish washer somewhere. Any ideas about this, do we have hard water in Bangkok or in Park Chidlom?

How are the Gaggenau appliances holding up for everyone? Have placed an order for the refridgerator. -JRK

Dishwashers require salt in the water softener, a big lid somewhere inside is where you put it, regular coarse-grained salt should do the trick if you can't find 'dishwasher salt'.

Additionally 'rinse-aid' is needed to prevent blotching, this is a liquid usually poured into a dispenser in the door.

You can get English manuals here http://kitchen.manualsonline.com/manuals/m...CFRY6egodamVJrw which may assist if your manuals are in Thai :o

Ahha jrkbkk - so you're in too :D .

Bangkok does not have hard water. Central (just down the road :o ) has all you need. Dish washer salt is on the back/last isle in the food hall home ware section usually sold in 2kg bags, fill up to the top!

I use the (individual) dishwasher tablets for convenience they clean and do the rinse aid thing as well (to shine up glass). I only use these as leaving opened powder for several months unused could result is a solid block on returning! Otherwise also buy rinse aid.

All that would happen is that glasswear would look foggy/dirty if you don't do this. There is no other effect, though heating elements would eventually fail in hard water areas.

Good luck in your new home - PKRV

Edited by pkrv