German Beer Restaurant - "tawandang"

Aswin

Yes. Is a reasonable replacement for the now demolished Coliseum.

Hardly a replacement. :o

Tawandaeng is a pretty decent night out, food is good and it is away from Sukhumvit and all the other bits that go with it. I like the original at Rama 3, although I tend to use the one on Ram Intra as it is very close to where I live.

• 5 months later...

I too like Tawandang on Rama III.... Thai folks refer to it as "Long Beer Yerman" (German pronounced with a Y sound).

Was there again last night for dinner, drinks and the show. Noticed that they're advertising at present a special 20% off all food and drinks on Sundays and Mondays (presumably their slower days).

They also offer a one-year renewable member card (for purchase) that offers a 10% discount on food purchases.

I think this location is a bit more middle class (and up)-oriented, with lots of expensive cars filling their parking lot. Renditions of the Village People's "YMCA" and Barry Manilow's "Copacabana" are regular features of the evening, but it's all done in fun alongside various styles of Thai music.

They brew their own beers -- pilsner, wheat and dark -- that run 250 baht for litre pitchers and similarly/proportionately priced for 2 and 3 litre beer towers.

But for a more native/down to earth experience, the Country Tawandang and Isan Tawandang locations opposite each other on Soi Pattanakarn in the Klong Tan area are great fun.

Tawandang German Brewery has two locations, one in Rama III and the other in Ram Intra...

Here's their web site....

And here's a screen shot of their locations and contact info....

post-53787-1240716104_thumb.jpg

What's the info with the Country place you mention in Rangsit???

Edited by jfchandler

Country Place at Rangsit is a very large venue where they brew their own German beer. Beer is either sold by the 1ltr jug @ 99bht before 9pm, or in the tall beer coolers (Not sure of the price for these).

There is a huge stage where there is continuous entertainment from a mixture of cover bands, dancers, both modern and traditional. They also occasionally have some top bands and entertainers there, the last one I remember was Retrospect. We usually get there around 7pm and the entertainment has always started, I believe it closes around 2am.

There is also, a large comfortable covered seating area outside for those that want to smoke.

The food is mainly Thai, and seems fine to me.

If you stand with the Viphavardi-Rangsit road at your back, and face Future Park, Country Place is on the right hand side of the complex, facing the Lam Luk Ka road.

I think it's great value for money, as five of us can go, as a family, eat, drink, and be entertained all night for well under 2000 baht.

Country Place at Rangsit is a very large venue where they brew their own German beer. Beer is either sold by the 1ltr jug @ 99bht before 9pm, or in the tall beer coolers (Not sure of the price for these).

There is a huge stage where there is continuous entertainment from a mixture of cover bands, dancers, both modern and traditional. They also occasionally have some top bands and entertainers there, the last one I remember was Retrospect. We usually get there around 7pm and the entertainment has always started, I believe it closes around 2am.

There is also, a large comfortable covered seating area outside for those that want to smoke.

The food is mainly Thai, and seems fine to me.

If you stand with the Viphavardi-Rangsit road at your back, and face Future Park, Country Place is on the right hand side of the complex, facing the Lam Luk Ka road.

I think it's great value for money, as five of us can go, as a family, eat, drink, and be entertained all night for well under 2000 baht.

There's another 'Country Place' on Lad Phrao too. Just a little further down (east) from Big C.