Double Entry Visa

Tropo is not playing "ball" with me on the double-tourist visa, and anyone (including those he/I are trying to help may well be getting somewhat confused). This, is because the advice that is given, whether from Tropo or I, anyone else, can be difficult to follow for the first time, so:

You go to Vientiane and apply for a double entry tourist visa, not forgetting to mark times 2 on the application form. So far, so good, unless you happen to be a national of some countries,in which case you will be asked to change that request to a one-entry visa. (after all, they are not going to steal your money...are they). Euro cits. U.s., oz, Japanese and so on would normally have their application accepted at this point.

Right, so you have your double-entry visa after picking it up the following afternoon. Your visa will say "please enter before x date"

That date refers to the second entry if it is a double. So, if you enter on Jan 1 for the first entry, it will say "enter before march 3 \"for example. So you do your 60 days, and then, up to you, either extend at suaan phlu for 30, or leave the country and when returning the second entry will be observed and marked as "used". You still can extend for 30 days however.

I hope that is somewhat clearer. It takes all sorts to see or follow logical reasoning, and I am not saying mine is any clearer that Tropo's. However, it is for me, and so it could be for someone else.

I also forget to mention that some have understood as the "enter before" bit on the visa means they can just travel around and still use the double entry - you cannot./ If you enter just before the date of "enter before", the 2nd entry counts as the first, and you have lost the second.

• 3 weeks later...
How long does it take to process a double entry Thai visa at the embassy in Vientiane??

Is there a problem with doing this on a Friday or Monday??

Thanks

Submit in the morning. Pick up the next day.

Mondays are very busy and there are reports of the Consulate closing while there is still a line of people outside. So get there early.

If you go on Friday you will get your passport back on Monday as they are closed at the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...