Why Are The English Such Bad Tourists

khunandy

This will attract some feedback I suspect but here I go,

Why are English tourists such bad representatives of an otherwise sensible and friendly race of people. Why does it seem that when an Anglo tourist travels abroad he feels that he has to prove that he is of a superior (angry, disillusioned and aggressive) genetic pool?

Why does the Englishman thrive on pack mentality and enjoy the advantage of majority rules (threatens) alpha male/female status?

These questions came to mind whilst touring Pucket and Pattaya...they were also evident in Khon Kaen but really hit home in Perth , Australia where my wife and I have been for the last week. We have an apartment in inner Perth...the "entertainment" area and I have had the double misfortune of living next door to a large and well run packpacker hostel. The occupents seem to be a 50/50 split of bonofide backpackers and English tradesmaen and women here to work and earn a buck.

The second misfortune has been in simply walking around during the day listening and observing the attitude from a casual point of view...unfortunately this is still full of aggression and "attitude".

What a bunch of foul mouthed, aggresive and basically anti-social misfits they are, they are loud and obnoxious, overheard conversations are crass and raciest.

Happy , loud and angry in a group...ashamed and lonely whilst solo!

WHAT HAPPENED?

Why are English tourists such bad representatives of an otherwise sensible and friendly race of people. Why does it seem that when an Anglo tourist travels abroad he feels that he has to prove that he is of a superior (angry, disillusioned and aggressive) genetic pool?

Why does the Englishman thrive on pack mentality and enjoy the advantage of majority rules (threatens) alpha male/female status?

These questions came to mind whilst touring Pucket and Pattaya...they were also evident in Khon Kaen but really hit home in Perth , Australia where my wife and I have been for the last week. We have an apartment in inner Perth...the "entertainment" area and I have had the double misfortune of living next door to a large and well run packpacker hostel. The occupents seem to be a 50/50 split of bonofide backpackers and English tradesmaen and women here to work and earn a buck.

The second misfortune has been in simply walking around during the day listening and observing the attitude from a casual point of view...unfortunately this is still full of aggression and "attitude".

What a bunch of foul mouthed, aggresive and basically anti-social misfits they are, they are loud and obnoxious, overheard conversations are crass and raciest.

WHAT HAPPENED?

no wonder you think that, you must be one of them people who think you are better than the rest, i wont give you it about aussies cos some of are full of it like you, but some are sound!

you need to make more of your life mate, instead of living next door to a shitty hostel, why dont you get a better job a get a nice house in a decent area where everyone will moan about "the new scruffy looking tramp thats moved in" thats you by the way.

hey and what a great post you made by the way, you forgot about abbos though, or is your wife one??

"What a bunch of foul mouthed, aggresive and basically anti-social misfits they are, they are loud and obnoxious, overheard conversations are crass and raciest."

HA HA HA ERE DO YOU AUSSIES KNOW WHAT KETTLE CALLING THE PAN MEANS, DICK!

chris

Long live the queen!!!

WHAT HAPPENED?

:oNobody wants to touch this one!

I am English and for the most part I agree with you. but I have to say that there are worse races out there also. Turks spring to mind from when I lived in Europe. these guys really did go hunting in Packs, the 2nd generation ones anyway.

it always amazes me though, why do the English think they own the place they are visiting?

"Long live the Queen" indeed.,

I am English by birth and my "digs" are worth more than half a mill. No Abo wife but cut my teeth on a few :o

No mate, no social misfunction on this side just pure observation.....dick!!

Go on, deny the fact that you have gone screaming hooligan chants down a peaceful street thinking that everyone wants to hear your f**cked up singing and admiration of your favourite sport that you were never good enough to compete on a competative level:

loser!

Edited by khunandy

"What a bunch of foul mouthed, aggresive and basically anti-social misfits they are, they are loud and obnoxious, overheard conversations are crass and raciest."

Well mate, after living here for 44 years one of the most endearing things about an Aussie is that the foul mouthing humour is self depreciative.

An Englishman seems to think that any slur against his race is an affront against his own manky mother and therefore justifies the retribution of as many thugs as he can put together.

You are referring to the proles.

Some of us are of superior breeding whilst others are surplus with no intrinsic value other then to consume ready meals and pay a monthly sky + connection fee.

I blame the welfare state - much better to leave nature to run its course unhindered.

Edited by jimjam23

Brits think they are superior for some reason...but I have another question: why are so many of them here? why most of tourists, expats or those married to Thai are British? Is it so bad to live in England? Really, I'm just curious to know.

Brits have always travelled, that’s why you probably come from wherever you come from. You have us to thank, like it or not, it’s the truth. :o

Oh I quite like the typical English yobbo, its part of our pluck and heritage.

"oi oi....here we go here we go.....etc....."

You know where you are with him, he is really quite harmless, after a skinfull he will want a small fight consisting of two punches and lots of words, will later attempt to have sex but be too drunk to arise then will fall over a twig and sleep in a hedge for hours till he is ready to go again.

Its the quiet ones that lurk in the shadows that few notice that represent the real danger.

Edited by sunreader