Vietnam Info

willbartholomew

I have a friend coming to visit Chiang Mai in January. We are planning a short trip to Vietnam (Saigon). We will spend 2-3 days in Saigon and then would like to go to a decent beach within bus ride distance from Saigon. Flights to Saigon and back are already done. Anybody know of a good beach destination that would be no more than a 4-5 hour ride from Saigon? I did a quick check on the internet and Mui Ne sounds like it would work but really don't know much about it. Looking for a place with at least some action but not over run with tourists. Any info on destinations and accomodations there would be greatly appreciated.

Vung Tau

40 minutes by hydrofoil from Saigon. ( Vina Express..around 30 dollars )

Several hotels located on "Back Beach".

Some "action", minimal tourists during the week, lots from Saigon on weekends.

Good food

Rent a motorbike ( Ms. Suong, Mobile 0903.673 584, tell her I sent ya )

Pics are of "Front Beach" ( yeah, there is a beach) where hydrofoil lands

and of the other side from a nice seafood restaraunt..

I liked it, the wife did not. ( All the Viets thought she was as well... :o Vietnamese, that is.. )

post-46099-1227405715_thumb.jpg

post-46099-1227405746_thumb.jpg

I have a friend coming to visit Chiang Mai in January. We are planning a short trip to Vietnam (Saigon). We will spend 2-3 days in Saigon and then would like to go to a decent beach within bus ride distance from Saigon. Flights to Saigon and back are already done. Anybody know of a good beach destination that would be no more than a 4-5 hour ride from Saigon? I did a quick check on the internet and Mui Ne sounds like it would work but really don't know much about it. Looking for a place with at least some action but not over run with tourists. Any info on destinations and accomodations there would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Willbartholomew,

I think within 5 hours you should be able to make it to Nah Trang. My favorite beach place in Vietnam, actually my favorite place in Vietnam. Clean beaches, nice restaurant. Perfect place for a beach holiday. Plenty of hotels which you can book when you are in HCMC. Sorry cannot remember the names of the places I stayed.

Cheers

R'steeltje

I agree that Nha Trang sounds like a great place but according to the information I have it's an 11 hr bus ride from Saigon(HCMC). You can fly there but I really like to keep myself on terra firma as much as possible when traveling. Thanks for the replies from all and correct me if I am wrong about Nha Trang.