Left 4 Dead

Ian_B

I've been playing "Left 4 Dead" for about a week now on my 360 (offline only of course!)

Went to MBK this morning and asked when they expect to have the PC Version and they said they should have it around 28th Nov.

"Left 4 Dead" is one of the most enjoyable games I've played all year and this is based only on the single player game where you have 3 AI bots by your side.

The game is a FPS and a cross between Doom & Gauntlet with a zombie apocalypse make-over! Each level tasks you with getting to a safe room located some distance from your start point. Only problem is there are HUNDREDS of Zombies (and 4 types of Boss zombies) between you and the safe room.

The game is HUGE fun! You're faced with dozens and dozens of zombies at a time all rushing towards you (there are both fast and slow zombies in the game). The 4 players have to stick together throughout and even on single player the AI players with you are excellent team mates and back you up all the time. The game monitors you all the time and somehow auto adjusts itself as you play so no 2 games are the same.

I've been through the single player part twice now and will be getting the PC version as soon as it's in the shops here. I hope it's only 800THB like the PC version of the "Orange Box"

When I get the PC version I'll be able to play it online where there is the normal 4 player vs AI zombies and will also be abl to play the Versus mode where 4 human players also duke it out with 4 hman players as zombie bosses. The versus mode sounds brilliant fun.

Anybody else planning on getting this on PC?

Edited by Ian_B

I played the demo on the PC and loved it. Will definitely be getting this. I guess I can wait a few more days until the 28th, I was considering buying it on Steam as I wasn't sure when it'd be out here, but if I can get a cheap Thai version I'll do that.

I asked the guys at Zest about Left 4 Dead today. They told me they aren't expecting it till after new years. Orange box was 600 baht, I'd expect the same for L4D. I don't think it's because of air cargo, they print up all the local games here in Thailand. Maybe they want to wait and get more people to pay full price on steam.

I don't know if I want to wait until January or maybe later though, I think I might just buy on Steam.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the Asian version of L4D last week in MBK for PC. Cost was 1400THB - I gave up waiting for the cheaper Thai version to show up

Have played a few online games via steam and all were lag free

However I actually prefer the 360 version simply because it is split screen and that makes things easier than shouting down a mike as the person is right next to you. Ok so it's just 2 players but even then it is still the best co-op experience I've ever played (the remaining 2 AI do a good job)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Its unlikely that there will be a Thai version as the authorities have deemed it too violent following the GTA nonsense last year, according to the staff at Zest in Fortune.

And a good thing too. Next thing you know there would be all sorts of violent crimes breaking out against zombies.

End discrimination against the undead!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The PC version is worth it imo. It's usually pretty easy to get a game with decent players and a good ping. There seem to be a lot of players in Thailand, Singapore, etc. There is also a patch with a new game mode coming out later today, or maybe tomorrow Thailand time. Should be fun.