Ordering Groceries

Adelita

There are currently several options for ordering groceries in the city.

Grocery lists can be faxed to Villa Market, 02-259-8128

which will deliver groceries

or faxed to Emporium Market 02-259-8967

which must be picked up (maid or messenger can pick up)

to have it completely computer based, you can establish a list of staple items, and select into a Word document, and send via a fax service like MyFax.

Generally, it helps to be specific about the items (item, preferences for produce, or brand, quantity, etc)

And anticipate that soon will be convenient web-based ordering site,

like freshdirect.com, a similar service which I assume will established here eventually by one of the stores.

• 4 weeks later...

Contacts:

Emporium

Gourmet Market

Orders

fax

02 259 8967

manager phone

087 041 2565

===

Paragon

Gourmet Market

Orders

fax

02 610 9132

phone

to Gourmet Market office

02 690 1000

====

====

Villa Market

Main branch

Sukhumwit Soi 33

fax

02 259 8128

phone

02 662 1000

===

Villa Market

Sukhumwit Soi 11

fax

02 255 6544

phone

02 255 6559

===

Villa Market

All branches

Customer Service

Orawan S.

Customer service department

Tel 02-662-1000 ext 189

Fax 02-259-1077

=============

=============

• 1 month later...

Someone SHOULD make a business of this, and have an online grocery delivery service. This was already mentioned in another thread, but a service like freshdirect.com we need here!!

It's much easier to order directly, even easier than listing for the maid. It's even better than restaurant delivery, because everything is fresh, and you can order fresh produce and whole fresh things.

Can someone do it, please!!! That is the future of shopping! :o

Someone SHOULD make a business of this, and have an online grocery delivery service. This was already mentioned in another thread, but a service like freshdirect.com we need here!!

It's much easier to order directly, even easier than listing for the maid. It's even better than restaurant delivery, because everything is fresh, and you can order fresh produce and whole fresh things.

Can someone do it, please!!! That is the future of shopping! :o

AD: some issues to overcome with this. while it may be ok to have someone deliver you a six pack of coke and other items like canned goods, I don't honestly believe many people will want to have someone else picking out which carrots or steaks they want.

What's the real issue anyway, getting the goods back home? Most places offer a delivery service.

eww. I mean ordering fresh things weekly.

I tell them to select the newest and freshest produce, and they do that very well.

But it takes more steps than ordering restaurant meals here

must make the list, fax it, and have maid or messenger pick up.

It would be nice if everyone could order more easily, in 1 step as ordering normally does.

eww. I mean ordering fresh things weekly.

I tell them to select the newest and freshest produce, and they do that very well.

But it takes more steps than ordering restaurant meals here

must make the list, fax it, and have maid or messenger pick up.

It would be nice if everyone could order more easily, in 1 step as ordering normally does.

Do you understand, people like to pick out their own fruit, veggies, meat, fish?

In 1997 I set up a website called www.bangkokdeliveries.com with a friend. We got price lists from Carrefour and various smaller stores. I developed the website and we got things going quite well until we ran out of money. Always thought that it would still be a great idea to develop, maybe tie up with an existing food delivery company that already has a motor bike fleet. Technology has moved on quite a bit since then too (it was based on text file price lists - but it worked).

Do you understand, people like to pick out their own fruit, veggies, meat, fish?

Yes. But, many people have their maids shop for them. Also from those stores, you can specify what types of produce, and their staff selects well.

Also, this type of delivery service thrives in big cities, like New York.

I, myself don't like this way of shopping especially fresh stuffs,

because I don't eat same, same in every day. And I think to go shopping myself once a week least

is another way to create idea what to cook, and also one way help losing weight. (By walking)

Well, I seen TOPS supermarket, Central Food Hall have the services you request too.

I don't have phone number, but is not difficult...you can go out stop by their customer service desks and ask.

More easily and practically, you can ask any local grocery nearby, they will be so much happy doing this for you.

No need to use computer at all, just a phone call.

The reason why delivery exclusively from Carrefour wouldn't work, is because their products are generally not premium.

If you have a delivery service, it is more likely targeted to foreigners, and those who have their maids shop for them, who prefer the premium stores, and imported products, at stores like Emporium and Villa.

Also ten years later, there are many more foreigners in Bangkok now.

It is true that an online ordering and delivery service is available in most big cities in the US right now.

It seems only logical that such a delivery service would be developed in Bangkok, in which delivery is also much more convenient than transit.

• 3 months later...
can someone explain with more detail how to have groceries delievered for free? thanks.

Hi, I use Foodland (Suk soi 5 in my case). I personally select all my monthly bulk items (bog rolls, ciggies, Chlorox, cases of wine / beer, sodas, flour etc) plus "hard" veggies like spuds, carrots, cabbage, onions etc. I keep separate my "fresh" stuff, meat and dairy, etc to take home immediately, but at check-out I pay for the lot. They pack the delivery up before your eyes and it's delivered next morning. I have spent as little as B3000 and never been charged a delivery fee (indeed they usually have a coupon discount scheme operating to use against your next purchase).

Never failed for 18 mths now. Here's a laugh...on two occasions they said "Van not available tomorrow. Two days OK?" OK says I. On both occasions it still came the next day! TIT.

Foodland is the cheapest public outlet supermarket I have found for run-of-the-mill stuff and I have no complaints about their quality. I do give the delivery boy a tip, but that's up to you.

For 1st time better to talk (and make friends with) the floor manager / supervisor to organize it.

Thairet