What Visa Is Applicable ?

Appreciate if this gets merged with another thread by badbanker but as a newbie I would like further clarity as to the options open to me.

I have a Thai wife and we have 2 young dual nationality children ( Thai/British). Whilst over the years we have visited and I have had many non-concurrent O visa, a retirement visa ( I am over 50 ). We live and I work in Thailand and have done so for 2 years. Hence my WP has been issued on a B visa.

However I now wish to stop working but do not have 800000 THB in a Thai bank that came in from abroad.

Therefore what options are open to me to allow me to remain and live here with my family and will I have to exit the country to obtain a differant type of visa for whatever option that is open to me ?

Appreciate any factual advice

Edited by whatawonderfulday

Appreciate if this gets merged with another thread by badbanker but as a newbie I would like further clarity as to the options open to me.

I have a Thai wife and we have 2 young dual nationality children ( Thai/British). Whilst over the years we have visited and I have had many non-concurrent O visa, a retirement visa ( I am over 50 ). We live and I work in Thailand and have done so for 2 years. Hence my WP has been issued on a B visa.

However I now wish to stop working but do not have 800000 THB in a Thai bank that came in from abroad.

Therefore what options are open to me to allow me to remain and live here with my family and will I have to exit the country to obtain a differant type of visa for whatever option that is open to me ?

Apply for an extension based upon marriage to a Thai. You didn't have to be on a B visa to get a work permit. I suggest that the next time you apply for an extension to do it as married to a Thai that way you don't run into problems of loosing your work permit and permit to stay at the same time. You don't need to get a different visa. You just change the reason for your extension.

You only need to show an income of 40,000 baht combined income per month for a marriage extension. If working you just need to show your tax reciepts for proof of income. After you stop working you can show income by having your wife declare an income of 480,000 baht for a year at the tax office and pay taxes on that income. And then show the tax form to prove your income.

Edited by ubonjoe

Apply for an extension based upon marriage to a Thai. You didn't have to be on a B visa to get a work permit. I suggest that the next time you apply for an extension to do it as married to a Thai that way you don't run into problems of loosing your work permit and permit to stay at the same time. You don't need to get a different visa. You just change the reason for your extension.

You only need to show an income of 40,000 baht combined income per month for a marriage extension. If working you just need to show your tax reciepts for proof of income. After you stop working you can show income by having your wife declare an income of 480,000 baht for a year at the tax office and pay taxes on that income. And then show the tax form to prove your income.

Many thanks but my wife does not have an income so how would that work ?

Many thanks but my wife does not have an income so how would that work ?

The Thai revenue department does not ask for proof of where income comes from. There have been reports from several members that are doing this. One member even reported recently that an immigration officer suggested doing it this way. Just go to the tax office and tell them the amount of income she wants to declare and they will even do the calculations.

Many are in same cituation as you that either have savings that can't be used as proof income or even income that can't be used to get a embassy letter for income proof.

For tax tables and etc. see the following link for the revenue department website.

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

Edit: In reply to your last post, It all depends on deductions and etc. You should be able to get a good idea of how much by looking at the above website. The first 150,000 goes away before you even calculate the taxes.

Edited by ubonjoe

…However I now wish to stop working but do not have 800000 THB in a Thai bank that came in from abroad…

Does the fact that you mention 800k in a Thai bank account mean that you are over 50 years old? If so, you should talk to your immigration office and ask them what documents they need for the extension to live with Thai child. Not all immigration offices like to do this type of extension but based on members’ reports some offices have been very helpful.

--

Maestro

You also calculate if you or your wife pay the taxes.

There can be some deductions you can make depending of your citation.

Read this : Personal income tax

Edit: spelling

char124.gif

Edited by PoorSucker

You also calculate if you or your wife pay the taxes.

The problem with that is that a foreigner cannot use tax receipts for tax paid on a fictitious income because the immigration office will also want to see the work permit, according to a recent post I saw but which I can’t find at the moment.

--

Maestro