Is It Ok To Sleep In Heathrow Airport?

totlanh

Hi

We are leaving heathrow on Saturday 6th as we are emigrating to Vietnam,however,our flight from Belfast gets in on Friday evening and we dont leave until 10.30 Saturday morning.Now,we wont obviously be able to check in until Saturday and thus i was wondering if we can sleep anywhere in the airport,ie on a seat!!Its just i dont want to stay in a hoel and get taxis blah blah unless i have too.Any advise as always greatly appreciated :o

Edited by totlanh

Hi

We are leaving heathrow on Saturday 6th as we are emigrating to Vietnam,however,our flight from Belfast gets in on Friday evening and we dont leave until 10.30 Saturday morning.Now,we wont obviously be able to check in until Saturday and thus i was wondering if we can sleep anywhere in the airport,ie on a seat!!Its just i dont want to stay in a hoel and get taxis blah blah unless i have too.Any advise as always greatly appreciated :D

Of course you can, if you're willing to put up with the discomfort. :o

Hi

We are leaving heathrow on Saturday 6th as we are emigrating to Vietnam,however,our flight from Belfast gets in on Friday evening and we dont leave until 10.30 Saturday morning.Now,we wont obviously be able to check in until Saturday and thus i was wondering if we can sleep anywhere in the airport,ie on a seat!!Its just i dont want to stay in a hoel and get taxis blah blah unless i have too.Any advise as always greatly appreciated :o

Sure you can sleep there.

I think you will find that a certain number of people actually live in Heathrow airport.

Why sleep?

Surely it would be better to get leathered in an airport pub and then crash out on the plane.

That's what I would do anyway, but yeah, sure you can sleep if it is preferable to a good piss up. :o

Dont think my wife and 5 year old daughter would appreciate that greatly :D:D

Why sleep?

Surely it would be better to get leathered in an airport pub and then crash out on the plane.

That's what I would do anyway, but yeah, sure you can sleep if it is preferable to a good piss up. :o

Bummer.

Hope you have a good flight anyway mate.

Why sleep?

Bummer.

Hope you have a good flight anyway mate.

Perils of marriage mate,but i,ll have a few anyhow....

Cheers fella

Wife and Daughter ?

Sorry mate, just get a room and be safe and comfortable.. plenty of airport hotels

Totster :o

Totster,

Totally agree and thats what i want to do,however,my wife is Vietnamese and mean as hel_l with money and well anything for a quiet life,we,ve all-ready had many arguments over it!!!

Wife and Daughter ?

Sorry mate, just get a room and be safe and comfortable.. plenty of airport hotels

Totster :o

Totster,

Totally agree and thats what i want to do,however,my wife is Vietnamese and mean as hel_l with money and well anything for a quiet life,we,ve all-ready had many arguments over it!!!

Well, just tell her its not legal ?? There are seats there but it is usually very crowded. Your 5 year old might be o.k as she might be able to lie down under the bench seats but it will be hel_l for you. However, I'm pretty sure its possible to take a shower in the toilets so you might be able to freshen up. Why not check out the airports web site to see what facilities are available. Oh yes...and if your wife is mean....take some sandwiches as the airport food is almost as much as the airfare. If you do decide to plumb for a hotel I think the IBIS is one of the cheapest or you could do a google search for guest houses nearby ??

I have slept overnight at Heathrow at least twice. I forget which terminal, but I think it has lots of British Airways ticket counters. Upstairs. at top of an ascending escalator that stops moving at night. But downstairs, the seats have arms so you cannot lay out. Set an alarm because nobody will tell you when to report for your flight, and I had to change terminals to get to a flight to Amsterdam. Toilets are nearby.

Thrifty wives are a blessing. :o

Hi

Do it, the homeless pretty much use the airports as free digs when they are near airports and need a kip anyway :D

There have been reports about people living in airports around the world for years , even to the stage of being 'Family' to the airport staff . On one long stop-over i rented a room to sleep that included as much food as i could eat that was available 24/7 with shower facilities thrown in , all of this in its own self contained area .

Google Heathrow and see what may be available there , just love those penny pinching Asean ladies , have to give them credit .