Upgrade Problem

Tarragona

I've just done a format and fresh install of Windows 2000 Pro on a machine which had been on Win ME. All seemed to go smoothly except that the new system didn't seem to recognize the monitor, NEC MultiSync V520 . I've got hold of the driver and it sees this but won't install and gives the message:

The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance.

What should I do?

I didn't think you normally needed a special driver for the monitor.

Usually monitor sw is just for tweaking the display, not a driver as such.

Are you sure your graphics card is being supported correctly,

there may well be a special driver needed for that, which may solve the rest of the problem.

The main purpose of the monitor driver is to allow the video card to recognize allowable resolutions and refresh rates. Usually, letting Windows auto-detect the monitor is good enough since the monitor has this information embedded inside.

If it can't detect the monitor correctly, then pick a built-in windows driver that's similar to your monitor.

Got it. :o

Motherboard Utility CD :D  :D

HI all

A newbie and first post, when you find the driver setup exe on the Original CD rom, and find out what make of Graphics you have it is always better to go to the net and get the latest driver, it willimprove performance of your card and system and may even give you some extra features if you need to use them, have a great night.