Farangs In Red And Yellow Shirts

Jingthing

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A foreigner wearing the Thai yellow shirt looks as ridiculous as one wearing a sarong or a Thai wearing kilt or a cowboy hat. Dont do it if you dont want to be laughed at. It seems to be the ones that need their wives to dress them that wear them.

A foreigner wearing the Thai yellow shirt looks as ridiculous as one wearing a sarong or a Thai wearing kilt or a cowboy hat. Dont do it if you dont want to be laughed at. It seems to be the ones that need their wives to dress them that wear them.

Sorry Neeranam, but are you suggesting that only white people should encouraged to wear kilts or cowboy hats?

Sorry Neeranam, but are you suggesting that only white people should encouraged to wear kilts or cowboy hats?

No but they should be told that they look funny.

A good portion of my shirts just happen to be red or yellow. I don't wish to make a political stand here in Thailand. Does seeing a farang wearing red or yellow shirt mean anything to Somchai the taxi driver and Pim the civil servant, on the street?

Especially now that things have hotted up, should farangs avoid wearing these colors?

No.

Unless it's a Manchester United t-shirt, in which case you deserve a slap.

:o

Yes indeed!

Or even worse, an Arsenal one! In which case you deserve being beaten up.

I've always found the wearing of the yellow T-shirts by none Thais a bit cheesy to be honest. I see it as trying a little too hard to be Thai. I know it is an issue of respect and everything but thats just how I feel. Plenty of ferang wear them though so thats got to say something.

I agree :o for me it goes along with the guy wearing the oversized gold chain with a dozen amulets hanging from it worn outside the shirt of course and being pulled along by his new found "girlfriend"

I've always found the wearing of the yellow T-shirts by none Thais a bit cheesy to be honest. I see it as trying a little too hard to be Thai. I know it is an issue of respect and everything but thats just how I feel. Plenty of ferang wear them though so thats got to say something.

I totally agree with you but I dont think it is not an issue of respect, lets be reasonable...

Well us Swindon fans wear red, and that Oxford lot wear yellow.

Just you wait until I bump into that Mossfin character. :o

You mean there's two or us???!?!?

Anyways, I have a "Monday Yellow" shirt i mostly wear on Sundays during golf, for obvious protection reasons

OK here is something to think about. Now that they have banned the PPP and will form a new party will it require a new shirt color? If it does I hope they pick some color like purple or khaki, something I don't wear much. I have a lot of yellow and red ones I don't wear anymore so it would be good it they stay away from grey and blue as I wear a lot of those. :D:o

OK here is something to think about. Now that they have banned the PPP and will form a new party will it require a new shirt color? If it does I hope they pick some color like purple or khaki, something I don't wear much. I have a lot of yellow and red ones I don't wear anymore so it would be good it they stay away from grey and blue as I wear a lot of those. :D:o

if i was the electro-magnetic spectrum, i'd be filing lawsuits for breach of patent :D

As a Falang, if you wear that yellow polo neck and the people smile back at you, you have to bear in mind that that smile might not mean what you think that it means.

It takes a lot more than a t-shirt to blend in with the culture.

I don't for one minute think that the Thais i see driving around in Liverpool shirts are from merseyside.

Right now, I am avoiding the red (home) and yellow (away) tops.

A good portion of my shirts just happen to be red or yellow. I don't wish to make a political stand here in Thailand. Does seeing a farang wearing red or yellow shirt mean anything to Somchai the taxi driver and Pim the civil servant, on the street?

Especially now that things have hotted up, should farangs avoid wearing these colors?

:o

Edited by Changkok

Just stick to those short sleeved, fake silk shirts with abstract patterns that are sold at the stalls along Sukhumvit, and worn by so many foreigners here.

They are quite classy.

I'm with you on this one, class of '76....