Why Couldn't The Government Get The Army To Restore Order?

citizen33

With all respect mr.toad..(maybe canetoad would be more appropriate!)

Just how could a swat team,army or anyone disperse a crowd of thousands,or even hundreds with the use of non-violent means? and in five minutes as you say.I might add Australia and little johnny Howard has never seen anything like this...he would shit himself..his solution would be to spend millions of dollars on around the clock bombardment advertising (aka workchoices) trying to convince the people that it would be a good thing to just bend over and take it...while hospitals and essential services suffer.

Or maybe little johnny would round all the trouble makers up and put them in detention centres...as that worked such a trea last time!!!

What planet are you living on. John Howard hasn't been PM for over a year now. Kevin Rudd is the PM in Australia at the moment.

With all respect mr.toad..(maybe canetoad would be more appropriate!)Just how could a swat team,army or anyone disperse a crowd of thousands,or even hundreds with the use of non-violent means? and in five minutes as you say.I might add Australia and little johnny Howard has never seen anything like this...he would shit himself..his solution would be to spend millions of dollars on around the clock bombardment advertising (aka workchoices) trying to convince the people that it would be a good thing to just bend over and take it...while hospitals and essential services suffer.

Or maybe little johnny would round all the trouble makers up and put them in detention centres...as that worked such a trea last time!!!

I do believe that you have misread what I said, and quoted someone else, in attempt to be amusing. I have no doubt that force will be used, and that there will be casualties if the PAD do not voluntarily walk out of there. They are clearly dug in and ready for a fight, I think it is all rather sad to be honest, a bit like not reading posts properly and not knowing who your Prime Minister is. :o

Edited by mrtoad

Many posters have expressed surprise that the Government was unable to order the army to regain control of the airport. Some even went so far as to blame P.M. Somchai for his alleged weakness and lack of will. Perhaps they should consider the equestrian metaphor recently used by one of Thailand's most influential elder statesmen.

General Prem: (…) Do you know horse racing? In horse racing they have the stable and the owner of the stable owns the horse. The jockey comes and rides the horse during the race, but the jockey does not own the horse. It's very easy [to comprehend].

(Far Eastern Economic Review, 2008)

http://www.feer.com/free-interviews/2006/s...m-tinsulanonda1

As I understand it PAD and the army want the same thing ,ie, an end to modern democracy, and some members of the army seem to be part of PAD too.

Hardly surprising then that the army will not help.

I some times wonder if anybody reads the total news, and looks at the ways it could effect the equation.

This will end without a fight between the police/military/PAD. However Sunday the rally of the UDD (Red Shirts), I believe could get them selves bloodied, as they try an attack the PAD. The police or military will keep the peace, and I believe their backs will face the PAD group. The weapons will face the attackers...(UDD).

The gorilla in the corner is the court case set for Tuesday morning that most probably

will disband the government due to rampant corruption it has found.

With the Government disbanded, Somchai no longer the PM, Khunying Pojaman was blocked in her attempt to arrange bail, so is unable to return to unlock the money to finance the new elections it will be an interesting time.

The PAD will leave the airports and government buildings without any sabotage or damage and return to their normal lives.

I can see a few surprise moves that can me made, but if I can recognize these, other smart people can as well, and will work to prevent these surprises from happening.

I some times wonder if anybody reads the total news, and looks at the ways it could effect the equation.

This will end without a fight between the police/military/PAD. However Sunday the rally of the UDD (Red Shirts), I believe could get them selves bloodied, as they try an attack the PAD. The police or military will keep the peace, and I believe their backs will face the PAD group. The weapons will face the attackers...(UDD).

The gorilla in the corner is the court case set for Tuesday morning that most probably

With the Government disbanded, Somchai no longer the PM, Khunying Pojaman was blocked in her attempt to arrange bail, so is unable to return to unlock the money to finance the new elections it will be an interesting time.

The PAD will leave the airports and government buildings without any sabotage or damage and return to their normal lives.

I can see a few surprise moves that can me made, but if I can recognize these, other smart people can as well, and will work to prevent these surprises from happening.

In line with the underhand, cowardly way politics works here, ever noticed how often "courts" are left to decide the fate of political parties (and often people) in a politically convenient way?

In line with the underhand, cowardly way politics works here, ever noticed how often "courts" are left to decide the fate of political parties (and often people) in a politically convenient way?

You mean ..........

by application of the law!

(It's when cases are not sent to the courts that it is politically or financially convenient)

You mean ..........

by application of the law!

(It's when cases are not sent to the courts that it is politically or financially convenient)

In the case of Thailand it is a little different than our western understanding...

The government is under the PM

The Military and Courts are not under the PM and do not answer ultimately too him.

So sometimes the politics of the political parties and the goals and policies they wish to pursue are at odds with segments of the society....hence the protest by a group like the PAD, that are not and did not run for office. In this case Thaskin and his clan and followers tried to be a bit too creative, and reshape the landscape to insure a dynasty. PAD too exception and now we will see what happens when a the court rules on the future of the politicians on Tuesday.

...The PAD will leave the airports and government buildings without any sabotage or damage...

:o It'll need a good clean up and possibly fumigating.

Actually, judging from the pics on Pantip.com (that were on a link in another thread) and the CNN video (also linked in another thread), things looked surprisingly neat and clean inside the terminal.

I'm sure that if the protesters were to leave suddenly (one way or another), there would be some clean up required around the outside areas. I wonder about the various food outlets though, and lounges.

Could be a lot of rotted food sitting in those places.

On Tuesday is the last hearing from the court. A lot rumors that they also disband PPP on the same day, but before the date was set to 13 or 15. I don't know why everyone is so sure that it has moved.