"unoffical" Thai Visa Piss Up

ThaiPauly

On the auspicious occassion of one of Thai Visa's long time members/moderators return to Chiang Mai there will be an "Unofficial" Thai Visa piss Up that will start at Tuskers at 7pm on the above date.

JOCKSTAR was around long before TV got so big -we had many a great Thai Visa Piss Up when there may have been only 5 or 6 of us and we had to organise them ourselves.

Sadly for Chiang Mai JS emmigrated to Sydney (wherever that is :D ) and this will be the first time he has returned in over 2 years, so it will be a heavy night...(bear in mind he is a Scot)....lighweights need not apply :o

All are welcome...but be aware that this is not a "FREE" do...anything you eat or drink will be coming outta your pocket. But hey, CM is not an expensive city to have a good night out in is it?

The idea will be to meet at Tuskers have some bevvies ...maybe a bite to eat if you fancy it (the BBQ chicken there is to die for) and then move out into town until the fat lady sings :D

We hope to see many of you there :D

TP

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the airports will be open by then, or is he already here?

I dont leave Oz until Thursday 4th. So hopefully everything will have calmed down a bit by then. Anyway. As what TP said. Will be cool to catch up with some old friends and also to meet some new members. :o:D

Ah, yet another excuse to get on the pi_s....love it!

See ya there, Jocko, TP, jackr and et al..... :o

Good lad. Was just about to say looks like TP's scared everyone off with his doom n gloom thread :D

You'll enjoy Jockstar, McG; a f'kin good egg :D

Would love to try and make this one but not back in Chiangers until March......assuming airports are open by then.

3 Nieces get presented with their Degrees ( 3 degrees ...Jesu C) in Bangers by HRH.********...and we are hoping to arrange another international Folk Festival out at May-pa-krei in ..May-On for the new roof on the Wat.

Have already asked Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen but they are too busy then....but hopefully got an old boy who stills lives in a cave just outside Chiang Rai.....last met him about 30 years ago in my mates bar in Jedyod but ...dont see him much lately. :o

Cheers... :D

[

Good lad. Was just about to say looks like TP's scared everyone off with his doom n gloom thread :P

No mate....you seen how many views that thread had.......I am not a doom and gloom merchant, just a wind up ,nothing more than a litre of ale won't cure :jerk:

Who else is coming then?

More than 10 would be a result.

Dustofff...I can count on him

Bikini Bill..are you around?

UG...will always come up with an excuse!!..so prove me wrong...for once :D

Nienke...Definate

Tiger Beer...he'll be there..great guy

JXP...would be great to see you...and confirm my sensationlism :burp:

Real Thai Deal..would love to speak more

PB...don't come ..otherwise you will be missed

Map Guy..if u have returned to planet earth....you should be there :o

Wimsey...its not a great distance...see you there

Austhied...it would be nice to see you even though your mates think you are dead :D (This is an unofficial do)

Buckwheat..maybe you cant make the 6th...but maybe you can make this do? :wai:

George..you are welcome..we all want to see you pissed :D:D

Real Thai Deal...yes, dont let me down

Meadish...I have never met you., nor has JOCKSTAR... ..thats reason enough for attending

Tyways (spelt wrong)..u will love JS..please come

Chas & Rachel are a given for afters..(.better company is hard to come by)

Jack R is already confirmed..as what I am not sure?

Joe?...would be good to meet you

Rass (short for RASCAL). If you are around . tw'd be great to see you again...even though its a few hours since we last saw each other

ENOUGH

Sorry to people I know that I have not mentioned (not that I know all of the above). Mickmack can't make it..unfortunatley

As I say to my retreiver...LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes

TP

It will be a night to remeber

Could always fly to Singers and then direct to CM, Jock, or sit tight and come in later... we ain't goin nowhere. Look forward to it :o

Is chuchok still around mate?

Yep, he's still round but unfortunately back in sheepland :D

. . . . . Who else is coming then?

UG...will always come up with an excuse!!..so prove me wrong...for once :D

Nienke...Definate

JXP...would be great to see you...and confirm my sensationlism :P

PB...don't come ..otherwise you will be missed

Map Guy..if u have returned to planet earth....you should be there :o

Wimsey...its not a great distance...see you there

Austhied...it would be nice to see you even though your mates think you are dead :D (This is an unofficial do)

Buckwheat..maybe you cant make the 6th...but maybe you can make this do? :wai:

George..you are welcome..we all want to see you pissed :D:D

Real Thai Deal...yes, dont let me down

Meadish...I have never met you., nor has JOCKSTAR... ..thats reason enough for attending

Tyways (spelt wrong)..u will love JS..please come

Chas & Rachel are a given for afters..(.better company is hard to come by)

Jack R is already confirmed..as what I am not sure?

Joe?...would be good to meet you

Rass (short for RASCAL). If you are around . tw'd be great to see you again...even though its a few hours since we last saw each other

. . . . .

I may be last on your list, painful as it is for me to have the point driven home like that, but I plan to be there.

Rass (who does not think of himself as short for anything)

You know where you belong Rassaroo. Think yourself lucky that Tie Poor Leigh even thought of you.

Notice that Blinky (Bikini) Bill is very near the top? That's where I belong although I am looking forward to getting 1 rung higher next time.

Notice that Blinky (Bikini) Bill is very near the top? That's where I belong although I am looking forward to getting 1 rung higher next time.

Forget it, Blinkered Bully - I am, as all the girls say, NUMBA ONE!

On the auspicious occassion of one of Thai Visa's long time members/moderators return to Chiang Mai there will be an "Unofficial" Thai Visa piss Up that will start at Tuskers at 7pm on the above date.

JOCKSTAR was around long before TV got so big -we had many a great Thai Visa Piss Up when there may have been only 5 or 6 of us and we had to organise them ourselves.

Sadly for Chiang Mai JS emmigrated to Sydney (wherever that is :D ) and this will be the first time he has returned in over 2 years, so it will be a heavy night...(bear in mind he is a Scot)....lighweights need not apply :o

All are welcome...but be aware that this is not a "FREE" do...anything you eat or drink will be coming outta your pocket. But hey, CM is not an expensive city to have a good night out in is it?

The idea will be to meet at Tuskers have some bevvies ...maybe a bite to eat if you fancy it (the BBQ chicken there is to die for) and then move out into town until the fat lady sings :D

TP

I'LL BE THERE!!!

How will I know who to look for? Will you be signposted, or do I just ask for the Thaivisa bunch?

Cheers.

The idea will be to meet at Tuskers have some bevvies ...maybe a bite to eat if you fancy it (the BBQ chicken there is to die for) and then move out into town until the fat lady sings :wai:

TP

I'LL BE THERE!!!

How will I know who to look for? Will you be signposted, or do I just ask for the Thaivisa bunch?

Cheers.

Look for the Liam Gallagher-lookin guy with the kilt and the old boy who is not unlike Gary Glitter :D

ps - neither is me :D

Out of the country at the moment TeePee but trying desperately to get back for a particular party this weekend. Would be great if I do manage to get back and get together with a few more grumpy old farts on the 11th.

We could get really morosely pissed and talk about the good old daze when airports were open and Chiang Mai expats had backbones, etc., etc., etc.. We could perhaps talk about the quality of the Chiang Mai Saloon hamburgers.

We could even plan a game of golf, which will never happen because all of us geriatrics old bastards have doctor or dentist appointments or any other number of reasons to not take a pleasant walk amoungst the trees, swinging sticks of iron at little white balls, and cursing the living shiit out of every living creature within a radius 17 kms because it moved a mm or muttered a sound over 1 db to purposely put you off your shot, which of course, you were totally incapable of in the first place.

Will the lovely Tip be accompanying you TeePee? I might have to let the Rat out of the cage for the evening.

I think I'm waffling on a bit here.

I'll try to be there, but please.......top of the list next time TeePee. You might be NUMBA ONE now Dustoff, but even the mighty will fall eventually.

Thanks for the invitation, TP. But return to earth??!! Runways seem scarce in these climes these days!! However, I have this terrific parachute.... Well, never mind!

I worry for Jockstar. I fear that his plans are a bit out of sync with recent events. I think, at the least, he will be at the end of a long (possibly impossible) queue unless he is doing some sort of thing direct to CNX with a ticket that is absolutely nailed down.

Seriously, though, will Chas have rare cheeseburgers on offer, with a slice of onion? And genuine kosher dill pickles on the side? I said I would never reveal where the best hamburger is in Chiang Mai, but I will now relent. I cook it!! Bring your own Lescol and Ezetrol!

Ah Pauly, there you don't go without none of those double negatives...not sure if I am not coming or not going. Yeah, that is a definite positive, for sure.

Added: not sure of starting time. Is that not at 7, nor at 8, nor at 8:17?

Ah -ha....the double negative was a genuine , (alcohol induced) cock -up.

I also mentioned RTD twice....whoops

I meant to say -"come-or you will be missed" Sorry about the confusion :o

Shooting for a 7pm kick-off.

Good to see so many others COMMITING. :D

BB ...I am not bringing Tip on a bar crawl...not her cup of tea.....she does not drink anyway. What do you know about my golf swing? :D

Unfortunatley it's non-exsitant...but hope you can make Saturday, I am bringing Tip then

MG...I have not a clue what Burgers Chas will be serving- sorry :D But I'm sure that Jock will make it one way or another.

JR...who looks like GG mate?......think I could take a wild guess...but I'm not saying :D

More the merrier anyway :wai:

Yoh, c'est moi (French, BB, French. The little French I know :o) that is in the top of that list.

Oh, Tip's not coming? Too bad!

Why one can't go out and have fun without alcohol has always been a complete mystery to me.

Anyway, thanks for the invite TP. Would love to come and meet JS and all others. Not sure if I can make it. Have three Ban Keaw's in rehabilitation. All three are people aggressive (as a result of no proper socialization, no training/education, too spoilt as a puppy and abuse. :D). They require my full attention.

Nienke

[

Good lad. Was just about to say looks like TP's scared everyone off with his doom n gloom thread :D

No mate....you seen how many views that thread had.......I am not a doom and gloom merchant, just a wind up ,nothing more than a litre of ale won't cure :D

Who else is coming then?

UG...will always come up with an excuse!!..so prove me wrong...for once :o

Nienke...Definate

JXP...would be great to see you...and confirm my sensationlism :D

PB...don't come ..otherwise you will be missed . . . .

Exit strategy preemptively implemented - stuck in Blighty - have a good one.

JxP :D