American Protesting With Pad

asiatravelguide

He is in this video, Al jazeera..

I wish not to agree or disagree with what side he supports but I do wish he could, or they could have edited in, something of substance.. What Sir, about their philosophical foundations do you agree with?

He seems like a medical tourist that got caught up in the excitement, I could be wrong though, he might be a long time expat and a member of this forum.. Maybe he just looks at it as free room and board for a couple days?

Watching the video suggest that no one is real serious about getting these people out.. Power is still on, actually looks like a nice place to stay..

Edited by Digitalman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish not to agree or disagree with what side he supports but I do wish he could, or they could have edited in, something of substance.. What Sir, about their philosophical foundations do you agree with?

He seems like a medical tourist that got caught up in the excitement, I could be wrong though, he might be a long time expat and a member of this forum.. Maybe he just looks at it as free room and board for a couple days?

Watching the video suggest that no one is real serious about getting these people out.. Power is still on, actually looks like a nice place to stay..

Relieved, the guy is not good looking so no mistaken identity. BTW what is a medical tourist?

I think the report said he traveled here for some sore of medical treatment, but maybe not..... Medical tourism is pretty much a national industry in Thailand.. I once heard that more than one dollar per year is spend by medical tourist, or maybe it was two dollars..

The dude is a total tool. Even without him joining in the PAD protests, if I ran into him on the street or talked to him in the USA, I would think he is a tool. But here he is, an obvious medical tourist who was here on vacation, thinking that his two weeks in the country gives him some sort of grounds to participate in the political system of another country that he really doesn't know about, and that the ramifications will continue long after he has returned back to the states. I guess it is an American arrogance kind of thing.

That was pretty comical , I agree he is a tool , who knows maybe he was hard on the tiger beers at the airport and decided to get dressed up and take part.Fool. Best part was the old lady at the end looking for a scrap with the pro-govt protesters.

Does anybody have picture of this fool? I wouldn't want to have a case of 'mistaken identity' and get a bottle smashed over my head.

Hopefully, he isn't goodlooking :o

Side profile shows he's a splittin image of you BKKJames although I am told has a little more chest hair...... :D

post-46350-1228119187_thumb.jpg

for those with slow connections, here is what he said:

"A lot of the PAD and the Thai people have apologized sincerely about my inconvenience and I tell them I am not inconvenienced at all. I have fought for my country and for another country and I support them today. I am not inconvenienced, the Thai people have been inconvenienced with corruption and brutality; I feel sorry for them."

It is true, my fellow American was here for medical treatment.

He came here for brain surgery. He had told the doctors that he wanted to be British, so the doctors told him he would need to have half his brain removed.

After the surgery - he woke up. He asked the doctors how everything went with the surgery.

The doctors said there was a bit of a problem... they accidentally removed his entire brain.

To this he said "Mai Pen Rai Khap", put on a yellow head band and headed for the airport.

Aloha

Edited by WorldwideALOHA

It is true, my fellow American was here for medical treatment.

He came here for brain surgery. He had told the doctors that he wanted to be British, so the doctors told him he would need to have half his brain removed.

After the surgery - he woke up. He asked the doctors how everything went with the surgery.

The doctors said there was a bit of a problem... they accidentally removed his entire brain.

To this he said "Mai Pen Rai Khap", put on a yellow head band and headed for the airport.

Aloha

Sod that. Probably left him with a speech impediment or tone deafness too if he pronounced "khap" without realising that there was an 'r' sound, Krup. :o

Does anybody have picture of this fool? I wouldn't want to have a case of 'mistaken identity' and get a bottle smashed over my head.

Hopefully, he isn't goodlooking :o

Side profile shows he's a splittin image of you BKKJames although I am told has a little more chest hair...... :D

Looks like ET's love child

The dude is a total tool. Even without him joining in the PAD protests, if I ran into him on the street or talked to him in the USA, I would think he is a tool. But here he is, an obvious medical tourist who was here on vacation, thinking that his two weeks in the country gives him some sort of grounds to participate in the political system of another country that he really doesn't know about, and that the ramifications will continue long after he has returned back to the states. I guess it is an American arrogance kind of thing.
Total foreskin exerciser !..... :o ..Im sure thais and farang will draw the same conclusion,.

for those with slow connections, here is what he said:

"A lot of the PAD and the Thai people have apologized sincerely about my inconvenience and I tell them I am not inconvenienced at all. I have fought for my country and for another country and I support them today. I am not inconvenienced, the Thai people have been inconvenienced with corruption and brutality; I feel sorry for them."

:D haha "Tool" seems to be the majority description for this guy. Wonder if he got his 5-700 baht for the day from PAD? and why would they leave the power and water on there? TV? for Christ sakes that should have been shut down afetr the first few hours with blaring music piped in to drive them batty...on second thought they might enjoy the loud music so maybe something they don't appreciate like an indie film or something with a story line :o

Saw an American guy protesting with PAD ont tv, wearing a yellow shirt and headband. I think it was on the Aljazerra news network.

I think he was just looking for a bit of attention and to get on tv.

Yes, he was seen getting out of a tuk tuk and waiing the driver before proceeding into the terminal for a leak where he was again spotted waiing the lavatory attendant. Obviously been here a long time as he knows Thai customs well.......krap. :o

500 baht a day, there's more than a few farang in Thailand that would go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5555555555

and what a tool that western protestor......... what does he know about Thai politics, so why give an idiot airtime. It just goes to show what ridiculous power the media or media like TV has over people. Give someone a microphone all of a sudden they are experts. Look at the idiots on ASTV now, each one a revolutionary (not) in there own bedtime. It is real people, real workers who run the country, they are the ones heading into financial ruin whilest a minority are feeding themselves up fat on Sondhi L's utopia dream of a communist Thailand. I mentioned the word guru and Jonestown over a month ago. Comming true all too fast (could only wish they could find some poison before soon).

Edited by jayjayjayjay

I think a medical tourist is someone who visits another country for medical treatment. Thailand has been trying to attract this business of late.

Yeah, but they are going to have a bit of a problem in the future. Philippines anybody?

He seems like a medical tourist that got caught up in the excitement, I could be wrong though, he might be a long time expat and a member of this forum..

:o lol that dip stick is totally devoid of sense of humour, next step for him would be to take residence in Pattaya in search for some

Not seen the Red shirt Farang fool yet, but the yellow shirted one is a complate moron.

Does he really understand what is going on? I wonder if his medical treatment that he received was a lobotomy. :o

Farangs going out with the reds or the yellows is the height of folly. Besides being stupid and possibly illegal (foreigners are not supposed to participate in Thai politics) if things get violent they are probably a top target.

In my past I was involved in some radical protest actions in the US. If an obvious non-citizen wanted to join us, I would have told him, go home Pierre.

Is this really politics? Haven't heard one word of sensible debate in months ....

What springs to mind with these 2 morons is the "Spitting Images" sketch, "The Presidents brain is missing." My significant other thinks the guy with the reds was there with his significant other. I have just vented my spleen to her about these 2 nutters.

Also just shown an affected tourist, and it shows how much they know. "A lot of people protesting, but it's been peaceful so far. no one has died." She said.

Oh dear time for a reality check.

gallery_35489_956_69801.jpg

Joe Gibney, American Tourist, Vietnam Veteran, turned PAD spokesman.

Suck me sideways, is that GW at the airport?

Seriously, his medical treatment brobably consisted of getting something polished in order to releive some built up presure. The next thing you know he is now in love with his nurse, and all thinkgs Thai.

"I'm not inconvieneinced...." (because I got not'n better to do)

How do you know he was American. He might have been British, German, Dutch are any other possibility of pale skinned white man.

I don't know too many British/Dutch/German Vietnam Vets, and if he was from the above countries, don't they have a NH care system?

Regardless, if another country besides America wants to claim this idiot, please do so.