Is The End Nigh?

Neeranam

I have a strong suspicion that Thailand is going to change dramatically, probably at the end of the week.

I'm also very frustrated that I can't talk about why on this forum and also many Thai people won't talk about it.

Do members think that the change will affect them? I have a feeling that MANY things are going to change for the worse.

I have a strong suspicion that Thailand is going to change dramatically, probably at the end of the week.

I'm also very frustrated that I can't talk about why on this forum and also many Thai people won't talk about it.

Do members think that the change will affect them? I have a feeling that MANY things are going to change for the worse.

Im inclined to agree, that guy with the sandwich board " THE END IS NIGH " wouldnt look so stupid now in my opinion,.

What I mean by "the end is nigh" is that many members of this forum will be forced to leave Thailand.

I will stand corrected but I think you are fearing something which is highly unlikely, i don't think the sky is falling in right at this moment.

Yeah, keep it real.. While I can see significant and continuing political squabbles, the fact of the matter is that it will affect foreigners in Thailand VERY little.

Even if PAD get their way and Thailand drops all pretense of being a democracy, that STILL won't affect foreigners in Thailand very much.

What I mean by "the end is nigh" is that many members of this forum will be forced to leave Thailand.

I don't think it will be any worse than 1997 in terms of an economic downturn. I won't be leaving.

Whole World's had it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7757506.stm

Sod leaving . . . I'm trying to get in! Where better to see out the global depression than my place in Issan?

What are you talking about?

Why will many members of this forum be forced to leave Thailand?

i think he is referring to the people who work in the travel and tourism buiness and all buinesses assocatied to that industry IE Real Estate, Dive Schools ect ect will lose there jobs as there will be less tourists and no investment/consumer confidence in Thailand......

What are you talking about?

Why will many members of this forum be forced to leave Thailand?

i think he is referring to the people who work in the travel and tourism buiness and all buinesses assocatied to that industry IE Real Estate, Dive Schools ect ect will lose there jobs as there will be less tourists and no investment/consumer confidence in Thailand......

I think he is alluding to something worse than that. :o

Beyond that I'm in the dark.

btw good to see you recovered your avatar. Was it hijacked by agents of the PAD?

Apparently some Thais don't want us farangs here in Thailand and consider themselves wealthy enough to do without our money.

In German we have a proverb saying Wer nicht hören will, muss fühlen (One who doesn't want to listen must feel).

And now Thailand is going to feel how much it has lost by allowing the airports to be closed and all the unrest.

If people feel pain, maybe they will start to use their brains.

I don't think it will be any worse than 1997 in terms of an economic downturn. I won't be leaving.

Whole World's had it.

Sod leaving . . . I'm trying to get in! Where better to see out the global depression than my place in Issan?

MJP, Can you message me before you board your flight, I just want to clean ur place here in Issan up a bit before you arrive, things have been a bit wild here, but I don't want you to worry :o

I see a few different outcomes which we can not discuss here.

But I see the PAD only trying to press the button on the time machine which brings us back in the year 2000, which wasn't that bad.

I see a few different outcomes which we can not discuss here.

But I see the PAD only trying to press the button on the time machine which brings us back in the year 2000, which wasn't that bad.

Fine by me as long as the skytrain remains.

Apparently some Thais don't want us farangs here in Thailand and consider themselves wealthy enough to do without our money.

In German we have a proverb saying Wer nicht hören will, muss fühlen (One who doesn't want to listen must feel).

And now Thailand is going to feel how much it has lost by allowing the airports to be closed and all the unrest.

If people feel pain, maybe they will start to use their brains.

Whole World's had it.

MJP, Can you message me before you board your flight, I just want to clean ur place here in Issan up a bit before you arrive, things have been a bit wild here, but I don't want you to worry :o

Surely nothing has happened there. Cleaning the martian dust from the 'red planet' that is Issan is the real war up there.

A relentless, thankless task.

agree with you

just sleep a few days and business as usual

Nothing is going to change except that the poor will be even more poor. As soon as this government falls and the PAD controllers appoint politicians suitable for their own purposes, it will be business as usual. I say it's a follow the money scenario. It would appear that tourism and foreign business owners are not in the best interests of the elite that fund this mob. Foreigners who support this movement are naive to the extreme.

We let this thread continue with the strictest, general warning that there is NEVER any mention of the monarchy. No mention at all.

Perhaps you can explain why? I have in the past seen many positive disscussion on this subject, I can understand that anything said against Monarchy is a problem.

NO. No mention. Not even a positive one, except on special birthday congratulation threads. Especially now.

One seasoned journalist summed it up nicely: "Covering this crisis is like trying to explain the unexplainable, without mentioning the unmentionable."

I will explain, and then close this thread which requires far too much monitoring whilst shit hits the fan amongst the airports.

Lese majeste. Going to prison. ThaiVisa ceasing to exist. Breaking one of the strongest rules of Thai culture.

Closed, because I never intended to have a discussion about having a discussion. Thanks, y'all.