I Got Out !

bravingbangkok

I got a phone call on friday evening from my airline telling me to get my things and head to a hotel to check in and that I would then be leaving the hotel at 10.30pm for the military airport and that my flight would leave at 4.00am.

We did indeed leave at 10.30pm but the bus driver got lost and arrived at the airport 3 hours later, we then had to wait until 5.30am to actually get on the plane and did not leave until 7.00am.

The airport departure was a little better than hel_l, it was dirty and full of people some of whom were drunk ! The security was small and I was worried for the safety of my family. Although I can fully understand my luck at getting out I was most disappointed to see that no arrangements had been made for elederly passengers or passengers with young children.

Other than this and the huge delay I met my connecting flight and arrived in good time. However we were alerted to the fact that our bags did not travel with us due to there being something wrong with the x ray computers. Rather than wait another 3 hours with us sitting on the plane getting annoyed the airline quite rightly just got us the f88k out of there. As we left the departure lounge I could see behind me signs of annoyance beginning to start and was thankful I was off.

So I left my apartment at 8.30pm friday 28th Bangkok time and arrived in London at 1.00am sunday 30th Bangkok time (6.00pm 29th London time) As you can see a very very long journey but worth it :o

I got a phone call on friday evening from my airline telling me to get my things and head to a hotel to check in and that I would then be leaving the hotel at 10.30pm for the military airport and that my flight would leave at 4.00am.

We did indeed leave at 10.30pm but the bus driver got lost and arrived at the airport 3 hours later, we then had to wait until 5.30am to actually get on the plane and did not leave until 7.00am.

The airport departure was a little better than hel_l, it was dirty and full of people some of whom were drunk ! The security was small and I was worried for the safety of my family. Although I can fully understand my luck at getting out I was most disappointed to see that no arrangements had been made for elederly passengers or passengers with young children.

Other than this and the huge delay I met my connecting flight and arrived in good time. However we were alerted to the fact that our bags did not travel with us due to there being something wrong with the x ray computers. Rather than wait another 3 hours with us sitting on the plane getting annoyed the airline quite rightly just got us the f88k out of there. As we left the departure lounge I could see behind me signs of annoyance beginning to start and was thankful I was off.

So I left my apartment at 8.30pm friday 28th Bangkok time and arrived in London at 1.00am sunday 30th Bangkok time (6.00pm 29th London time) As you can see a very very long journey but worth it :o

Yes if your prefer living in london not bangkok then yes.

Just kidding. Well done.

Who did you fly with?

Etihad, I fly with them quite a lot which must have been why they put me on the first plane even though I was supposed to be on the thursday morning flight, so basically jumped the que which I feel quite bad about as I am not a tourist and had a comfortable apartment which I call home to wait in ! oh yeah and guys check this out the plane was not even full, 250-300 people in a 380 seater plane !

Who did you fly with?

Etihad, I fly with them quite a lot which must have been why they put me on the first plane even though I was supposed to be on the thursday morning flight, so basically jumped the que which I feel quite bad about as I am not a tourist and had a comfortable apartment which I call home to wait in ! oh yeah and guys check this out the plane was not even full, 250-300 people in a 380 seater plane !

Also I had a 12 day overstay on my visa extension from the thursday and I passed through immi at 5.00am saturday morning and the bastard of a officer told me to pay 14 days !!!! he said that you had to clear overstays at the immi office in Sathon up to tuesday night and then the remaining days will not be charged.