Closest Train Station To Phuket

HorseDoctor

For your information :-

http://www.asia-discovery.com/trainschedule.htm

Google is an amazing thing !

Thanks but this link provides no info on cargo I tried Googling first thing, of course.

Cargo info is in Thai which I don't read - But thanks for your reply, didn't realize there are no trains all the way down through Malaysia

If you can not find it on Google try letmegooglethatforyou

there are trains daily from Surathani down to KL and further to Singapore and I am pretty sure they load cargo as well !

Mmm well link provided by Google ( In English) says no trains past MY border, Buttersworth is last stop . HOwever that site is just for passenger trains

AND Google isn't the Thai rail ..

So back to square one.

Thanks for the replies , though.

Horse Doctor, you do really need to do a little for work on your research. This is not meant nastily, merely a word of advice from an old uncle. :o

I Googled Malaysian Train Travel and got the following :-

http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm

Extract from that site :-

"

Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Penang - Bangkok

The train trip from Singapore to Bangkok is 1,946 km or 1,249 miles

and involves 2 or 3 separate train rides, depending on where you want

to stop off and change trains. I'd recommend stopping off at

Kuala Lumpur and Penang, both fascinating cities.

So stage 1 is to take a train from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur,

choose between two modern air-conditioned daytime trains or an

overnight sleeper train.

Stage 2 is from KL to

]Butterworth[/url] (linked by frequent ferry to Penang), with a choice of two daytime trains or an overnight sleeper.

Stage 3 is to take the 'International

Express' leaving Butterworth at lunchtime and arriving in Bangkok next morning. It's entirely up to you whether you do this journey all in one go in 48 hours or stop off and see places on the way, as each train is booked and ticketed separately. All 3 trains can be booked at any railway station in Malaysia or Singapore, or by email with Malaysian Railways. There is a detailed map of train routes in Malaysia on the Malaysian Railways website, www.ktmb.com.my.[/size]

There is even a timetable of sorts

It's the little things that we do here at Nai Yang Beach.

Cheers & Good Luck

Ken

Edited by LeungKen

Horse Doctor, you do really need to do a little for work on your research. This is not meant nastily, merely a word of advice from an old uncle. :o

I Googled Malaysian Train Travel and got the following :-

http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm

Extract from that site :-

"

Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Penang - Bangkok

The train trip from Singapore to Bangkok is 1,946 km or 1,249 miles

and involves 2 or 3 separate train rides, depending on where you want

to stop off and change trains. I'd recommend stopping off at

Kuala Lumpur and Penang, both fascinating cities.

So stage 1 is to take a train from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur,

choose between two modern air-conditioned daytime trains or an

overnight sleeper train.

Stage 2 is from KL to

]Butterworth[/url] (linked by frequent ferry to Penang), with a choice of two daytime trains or an overnight sleeper.

Stage 3 is to take the 'International

Express' leaving Butterworth at lunchtime and arriving in Bangkok next morning. It's entirely up to you whether you do this journey all in one go in 48 hours or stop off and see places on the way, as each train is booked and ticketed separately. All 3 trains can be booked at any railway station in Malaysia or Singapore, or by email with Malaysian Railways. There is a detailed map of train routes in Malaysia on the Malaysian Railways website, www.ktmb.com.my.[/size]

There is even a timetable of sorts

It's the little things that we do here at Nai Yang Beach.

Cheers & Good Luck

Ken

Yes thank you for trying to help , but that info you provided is for passenger trains I'm loading 250 bales of hay so I need info about Cargo . However looking into this through Malaysian sites is a good idea. Thanks

Have you priced the cost of delivery by lorry? I know nothing about bale weights here, but way back when I had a horsie, they were about 75lbs. I know that weight varies by the type of material and baling equipment used, so maybe this is not relevant, but is there a possibility a truck carrier would be cheaper and faster?

I have one fear though and that is if some agricultural inspection officer decides to fumigate the load. It is going through 3 different countries and it's a possibility. Can you get assurances that the hay won't be sprayed with anything? The last thing you need is contaminated feed.

Have you priced the cost of delivery by lorry? I know nothing about bale weights here, but way back when I had a horsie, they were about 75lbs. I know that weight varies by the type of material and baling equipment used, so maybe this is not relevant, but is there a possibility a truck carrier would be cheaper and faster?

I have one fear though and that is if some agricultural inspection officer decides to fumigate the load. It is going through 3 different countries and it's a possibility. Can you get assurances that the hay won't be sprayed with anything? The last thing you need is contaminated feed.

Wow, thanks.

Very good point about fumigating. This shipment is/was going to a polo club, wonder if they thought of that.

I wanted to avoid trucks as there's the BiB " tax " to consider