Thai Political Parties Dissolved

PoorSucker

As a seeker of truth and justice I think it is now apparent that this onslought by the thai establishment on the institution of democracy has failed.

Democracy will continue, the business of legitimate, democratic government will continue.

It will now get more support from the international community than it ever had.

Everybody knows that the thai courts have been bought off and are totaly corrupt, who does the EC report to?

The international community will have no objection to the continuance of the Thai democratic process.

The international community is now also very much aware of the faschist, undemocrat elements of the thai society, and their means, and are very disturbed regards the PAD views on dictatorship and ethnic cleansing.

The international community is now very much educated about some of the thai way and is not impressed.

As the PAD fanatics now go home , to face the international grilling on their views, the democratically elected government goes on , with international respect and approval .

Please quote your sources!

As of today, the courts have ruled against the ruling party and that means that the international community mentions this on its frontpages.

Thanks to PAD that is!

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I take it you haven't read his 190 comment over the last 2 days. Go ahead and browse through them and tell me how realistic his opinion's are :o I guess labeling a group of people that don't share the same opinion are mindless dumb monkeys that deserve to die is realistic......................................

Facts are, for most of the world's population, it is unacceptable to seize one of the world's largest airports for a week, no matter what you are protesting. The airport occupation didn't change the outcome of the courts. Also a fact, in most civilized countries, seizing an international airport, would have caused the police and possibly army move in within minutes and get rid of the protesters, if needed by force. Tell me how US authorities would have acted if the JFK airport was seized by armed protesters? How the Spanish authorities would have acted if the Madrid Barajas airport was seized by armed protesters? Or how Dutch authorities would have acted if the Schiphol airport in Amsterdam was seized by armed protesters?

If you have a different opinion, fine. But the authorities in these and most other countries would have acted much differently to prevent the economic disaster that Thailand and it's people will be facing in the coming months and years.

To me, the PAD are monkeys (and that's saying it nicely). That's my opinion, I've never asked you to accept or share it.

My opinion doesn't hurt anyone, but PAD's actions do and will.

You are speaking the truth.  Only other example of an airport takeover I can think of was Entebbe during Edi Amins reign.

When you call for actual violence .. then your opinion CAN hurt people. (That may be why there is a rule against it on ThaiVisa.com)

Did PAD leaders promote peace when they said they are "ready to die"?

Or did PAD guards promote peace when they shot with handguns on Viphavadee Road?

The horse is dead, keep beating it. Or better, open up a separate "bash rainman" thread. I realize that ignoring other people's (especially the majority's) opinions is one of PAD's core values, so I'll leave you with that.

Unfortunately, like Thaksin, you'll likely never 'really leave it there'.

To you and your hero, may you both realise, that's about enough now... (sadly neither will though)

Thaksin likens himself to Mandella and likes to portray himself as the 'victim' in all this. Like Rainman, Thaksin will no doubt continue to SPIT on the REAL victims of the mess which THAKSIN HIMSELF is the root cause.... To the hundreds maimed, to the many killed, please forgive their ignorance, arrogance and dis-respect.... all this was so unnecessary, if only a convicted criminal would have taken his remaining ill-gotten millions and just walked away... (Rainman take heart, he hasn't he won't and he will try, again and again and again...) See you 'next' time...

so, what's the next move ?

Civil war between the red and yellow shirted tribes.

Obviously the (PAD) Pathetic Adolescent and Dumb Party will be back in the typical hypocritical assumption that freedom of movement only relates to their cause. The history of the top members prove they will always make trouble, and the spineless democratic party members, will sit back and do nothing as usual.

They have always stated that they will challenge any party related to Taksin

great so now we swap yellow terrorists for red terrorists ?

Indeed, and it will be interesting to see if those posters calling for PADs blood will continue with their hard line towards the Red...as they all clame to not the pro-PPP.

(Besides what, 2 users that are madly in-love with Thaksin. Even thought he...ehh...has nothing to do with PPP...or so they say...it all gets very confusing when they try to justify their irrational postings. :o)

unforgetable thailand

Within a few hours after the Constitution Court dissolved People Power Party, People's Alliance for Democracy, which had led seizures of the Government House and two Bangkok airports, declared an end to their demonstrations.

"We have won a victory and achieved our aims," media mogul and PAD founder Sondhi Limthongkul said, reading a statement to reporters.

"All protests will stop as of December 3 at 10am. We have gained our victory already. If there is something wrong, we will mobilize people and stage another protest," Sondhi told the cheering crowds.

Other PAD's co-leaders said they decided to end the protests because they won over what they called Thaksin's nominees.

of course they've Got a real party go attend on 5th !...... I just won a fiver off my wife :o

Question is why should anyone follow the judgement at court today. After all the last few rulings about the Demos being illegal etc etc was totally ignored

Anyone who is saying the rule of law will prevail here has a screw loose. Nothing will change in Thailand as laws are only followed if it is considered convenient and acceptable by certain people. This farce has shown the world how unstable and immature the country realy is politically and lawfully. None can be trusted nor justice be relied on, either to be respected or enforced.

I have always been cautious of investment in Thailand but this confirms it. I am sure many others have scratched thailand off the list of options.

May be in 10 years or so it will be worth re-assessing or mabe not.

We came back to the US about 1.5 yrs ago not because we wanted to. We had planned to return to Chiang Mai (we absolutely loved living in CM and the kids realy dug Prem School) and pick up where we left off about 3 months ago. But given what we saw from short trips back, we decided not to return for at least 3yrs (see one of my few posts). We have now inquired how to get about 15,000,000 baht (sitting at Bangkok Bank) out of the country for investment in the US stock market (once it is finished tanking). Bangkok Bank is running us around (we now have 3 different versions of the hoops we have to jump through to move money to the US, none in writing) and it is VERY apparent they are not going to make it easy for us to withdraw the money, not just to send to the US, but to even transfer to another bank. Looks like a trip back and purchase of investment grade diamonds is in order.

Electoral fraud or not, Thaksin and his cronies enjoy wide popular support amongst the uneducated in Thailand, which is the majority. Such is democracy and eight years of GWBush. We didn't like it, but we didn't storm airports. Educate your people! it's pathetic!

Maybe you should have, especially after Bush's blatant lies on the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. A lie that cost thousands, maybe millions of people their lives. The US government is (I hope was) even more corrupt than their Thai counterparts. Halliburton, na ka?

The Thais have more cojones than most Americans do. Governments are elected by the people, should work for the people and not lie or steal from the people.

That's democracy and if democracy is in danger, the people need to stand up, no matter what the price is!

You respect the vote or you don't. Just because your side lost does not mean that you can use violence to get your candidate in office.

Democracy is not about storming airports to take down someone you don't like even though the majority of people voted for them.

You can't "stand up" and take matter in your own hands and disrespect democracy. If everyone did that, than what prevents a civil war? Violent conflict is not what democracy is about. Respect the vote, respect democracy. If your side lost, then wait for the next election.. maybe then you can convince your fellow citizens to vote for your candidate.

Bush is hated and loved by many Americans. He has gotten rid of Sadam. He has given the most money to the Aids victim than any other president. If people don't like him, then impeach him.. Removing him from office using fair and democractic methods. People just don't go and storm the white house just because they don't like him... thats something a developing world would do... or maybe even a 3rd world.

Electoral fraud or not, Thaksin and his cronies enjoy wide popular support amongst the uneducated in Thailand, which is the majority. Such is democracy and eight years of GWBush. We didn't like it, but we didn't storm airports. Educate your people! it's pathetic!

Maybe you should have, especially after Bush's blatant lies on the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. A lie that cost thousands, maybe millions of people their lives. The US government is (I hope was) even more corrupt than their Thai counterparts. Halliburton, na ka?

The Thais have more cojones than most Americans do. Governments are elected by the people, should work for the people and not lie or steal from the people.

That's democracy and if democracy is in danger, the people need to stand up, no matter what the price is!

You respect the vote or you don't. Just because your side lost does not mean that you can use violence to get your candidate in office.

Democracy is not about storming airports to take down someone you don't like even though the majority of people voted for them.

You can't "stand up" and take matter in your own hands and disrespect democracy. If everyone did that, than what prevents a civil war? Violent conflict is not what democracy is about. Respect the vote, respect democracy. If your side lost, then wait for the next election.. maybe then you can convince your fellow citizens to vote for your candidate.

Bush is hated and loved by many Americans. He has gotten rid of Sadam. He has given the most money to the Aids victim than any other president. If people don't like him, then impeach him.. Removing him from office using fair and democractic methods. People just don't go and storm the white house just because they don't like him... thats something a developing world would do... or maybe even a 3rd world.

everybody here who is talking about democracy makes him or herself look ridiculous because what we are seeing here is not a real democracy.. it is "something" under the cover name of democracy

As a seeker of truth and justice I think it is now apparent that this onslought by the thai establishment on the institution of democracy has failed.

Democracy will continue, the business of legitimate, democratic government will continue.

Everybody knows that the thai courts have been bought off and are totaly corrupt, who does the EC report to?

The international community will have no objection to the continuance of the Thai democratic process.

The international community is now also very much aware of the faschist, undemocrat elements of the thai society, and their means, and are very disturbed regards the PAD views on dictatorship and ethnic cleansing.

The international community is now very much educated about some of the thai way and is not impressed.

As the PAD fanatics now go home , to face the international grilling on their views, the democratically elected government goes on , with international respect and approval .

Please quote your sources!

As of today, the courts have ruled against the ruling party and that means that the international community mentions this on its frontpages.

Thanks to PAD that is!

The "corrupt "courts have again continued to rule against the democraticaly elected government,this time 9-0.

Tell me when the courts didnt rule against the democratically elected government.

The PAD is already mentioned on BBC news as armed para-militaries, holding an international airport to ransom,.

The democratically elected government goes on.

Did the previous corrupt court rulings get front page...no.....

What will get front pages is the homecoming citizens accounts of their ordeal in thailand because the PAD hijacked the airport!!

by the way its tomato.

Wiresok's 'ethnic cleansing' remarks are far enough off base and so offensive that I will no longer be seeing his posts ...

Up to you, is that on the basis you are denying it's existence in the world in recent years.

We have a saying, the truth hurts .

Its common knowledge the PAD want to deny the poor a vote, then what... with their views on Issaan !!

Lets see the PAD leaders deny it.

This is another sad decison by courts that are politcal pawns:

THAILAND: Watershed moment for democracy and rule of law

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AHRC-STM-298-2008

November 26, 2008

A Statement by the Asian Human Rights Commission

THAILAND: Watershed moment for democracy and rule of law

Already, the criminal justice system of Thailand has been reduced to an utter joke, its agencies and personnel either unable or unwilling to intervene effectively to protect public property and people's lives, or even prosecute wrongdoers. That the security forces can carry out coups on the whimsy of generals and engage in battles over trifles with those of neighbouring countries but not responsibly protect the Government House or international airport is sheer farce. That government agencies have been forced to negotiate and cut their losses rather than insist that the law be enforced is dangerous folly. And that the senior judiciary, which through a succession of highly politicised judgments has played a major part in contributing to the current mess has nothing useful to contribute when lives are at stake and the country is in greatest need of intelligent guidance is altogether shameful. About AHRC: The Asian Human Rights Commission is a regional non-governmental organisation monitoring and lobbying human rights issues in Asia. The Hong Kong-based group was founded in 1984.

http://www.ahrchk.net/statements/mainfile....tatements/1779/

Considering the HK government's record since the "return" to China, a case of the "kettle calling the pot black"!

Looks like toxin wasn't just getting divorced in Hong Kong!

Who gives a sh** what the "international community" ( whatever that may REALLY be ) thinks! You're giving way too much respect to an impotent and useless illusion. What did the "international community" ever do re: Zimbabwe, Burma, Dem Rep Congo, Rawanda and the illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

everybody here who is talking about democracy makes him or herself look ridiculous because what we are seeing here is not a real democracy.. it is "something" under the cover name of democracy

Well said.

Anyway, what country has a REAL democracy? The Swiss come closest with their referendums, but most countries in the so called first world are no more democratic than Thailand.

Judging by the vast majority of people I know/ ever worked with ( 1000s ), the only reason there are not more revolutions against rubbish governments is not because people are respecting of democracy, but because they just really don't give a dam_n!

Well said.

Anyway, what country has a REAL democracy? The Swiss come closest with their referendums, but most countries in the so called first world are no more democratic than Thailand.

Judging by the vast majority of people I know/ ever worked with ( 1000s ), the only reason there are not more revolutions against rubbish governments is not because people are respecting of democracy, but because they just really don't give a dam_n!

Democracy is when your vote counts even if you are poor and uneducated. Most countries in the 1st world are more democratic than Thailand. If you think otherwise, you are only trying to make excuses for thailand.

Look at the current US election. Obama won. Not only was he black, but many white people in the south really hate him. To think that people don't give a dam_n about politics is ludicrous. However, time after time, when asked, most of these white voters who hate Obama are able to put aside their feelings and not do anything violent for the sake of the country.

Yes, its true. Thailand does not have a "true" democracy -- or anything close to what most 1st world "democractic" countries have. But you reap what you sow.

Thai Economy now worse.. more division among citizens. Poor people now see themselves as being disenfranchised. Expect more violence down the line. Oh well, i think there is a thai saying: "som na mung"

Edited by eleison

Sadly ---Johpa is correct. The hypocrisy of PAD is illustrated in the decades of criminal and murdering activities of just one of their leaders General Pallop Pinmanee ---- for those who imagine that PAD fight corruption- murder-intimidation---simply have a quick look at this guys record.

This guy is a stark raving maniac ---- heaven help Thailand if he and his ilk actually get to hold sway !!

Panlop or Sae Daeng take your pick.

Both loose cannons,

but Panlop clearly the smarter, quieter.

But I have only heard of Panlop's 'saying' he has anything to do with PAD,

he's not a PAD leader, no name on roster.

Last heard from he was golfing with Thaksin...after PAD stiffed him.

But he has known Chamlong for decades,

and he has known Thaksin for decades too.

And doesn't seem to be someone with allegencese to much of anyone with out a title.

why pick up Sae Daeng? is Sae Daeng a Hypocrite or is just straight on and means what he say, so very over acting thai style?

anyway, that is the Hypocrisy. finger pointing on others.

so Pallop knows Chamlong for decades, and what he have done decades ago? International Herald Tribune had a nice home story

"He was the leader of what he called the "killer team," a secret seven-man unit of the army in 1970 that carried out extrajudicial killings. "The assignment was to kill the leaders of communist groups all over Thailand," Pallop said."

"But he is perhaps best known for his decision to raid the Krue Se mosque in southern Thailand in 2004, a controversial move that left 32 insurgents dead. "

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/05/25/asia/thai.php

nice article, gives us some ideas what maybe other generals so have done in younger years. and that little bit extra juristical killing, those where the days my friend.

but so just for the image as the New Movement for New Politics shouldn't it wise to keep a little distance to his old killer buddies? no, for Chamlong isn't it a problem.

and it's also nothing to worry that Pallop has his moment on the PAD stage:

"Chamlong told his supporters that they should not worry about him if he were to be arrested, as General Pallop Pinmanee, his long-time friend with extensive combat experience, would replace him as leader of the PAD.

Pallop has stepped up to take the challenge. He said while Chamlong is a good defence strategist, he himself is more of a warrior. If he were to lead PAD, the battle would be finished in three days, whatever that means."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/08/29...on_30081793.php

and do you remember the day Chamlong got suddendly arrested? but he did had enough time to write a long letter... read on:

The Nation 2008-10-05

"Before his arrest Sunday morning, Chamlong Srimuang, a leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, wrote a letter to urge more people to join demonstrations to push for political reform.

He wrote the letter at 6 am before his arrest at a polling station at 8 am.

He said in the letter as:

"We all gather here to repay the gratitude of our motherland. We come here to do good for the country and repay our debt to the country. This is the duty of all Thais. Before we die, we must repay the debt to our motherland. No matter what will happen, let all remember that it's duty of Thais to serve the nation, religion and the King. I, Chamlong Srimuang, would like to remind all Thais that we were all born with a duty. No matter how tall we are, no matter how our complexion is, how poor or rich we are, we have the duty to repay the debt to the motherland. Chamlong Srimuang, 6 am."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/10/06...cs_30085182.php

and you didn't forget that that was all a funny staged show, well planned before. Sondhi declared that Chamlong had sacrifice himself and here comes his friend

Former Advisor to ISOC Replaces Chamlong as PAD Security Strategist

PAD UPDATE : 5 October 2008

Former advisor to the Internal Security Operations Command Pallop Pinmanee has announced he'll replace PAD leader as the group's security strategist.

General Pallop has made it clear that unlike Chamlong, he's more of a warrior and unlikely to only adopt defensive strategy. *

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/toc/ViewData...?DataID=1009785

okay, at the 5 of october in position for his 3 day solution, no matter what will happen(C.S.), whatever that means.(P.P.) Chamlong in Jail wash his hands of it.

everybody ready for the biggest show the democracy hypocrisy in thailand has ever seen:

---snip---

and you are right animatic later he was seen with thaksin, play golf, talk.

but okay, also a short lvisit at Sae Daeng home, a hypocrite?

201108news05rj5.jpg

Khattiyaa Sawadipol, carrying a T-shirt bearing the abbreviation of the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD), poses for a photograph with her father, armyspecialist Maj-Gen Khattiya.Ms Khattiyaa has insisted on joining thePAD protest at Government House despite threats by her father to

bomb the protest site.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/201108_News/20Nov2008_news07.php

--------

* keep in mind TOC news is the PAD propaganda channel and might be True or Crap, hehe. whats your guess?

With due respect to you eleison (judging by your stats you read but post frugally, thus I realise your comments are sincerely felt) however, even Bush wouldn't attempt to remove vote-fraud rules... In essence, this was the primary cause of all the re-active upheaval (on top of a desire to 'spring the boss' and his 76 billion).... I heartily agree true democracy is worth fighting for. It's tragic the unnecessary loss of life, hundreds maimed and thousands inconvenienced, all had to make a sacrifice, just for the sake of one man's undying greed and ego...

Try to take solace, at least today's result was a GOOD day for democracy (no matter Thaksin the self-proclaimed 'victim' is far from done subverting it)...

Well said.

Democracy is when your vote counts even if you are poor and uneducated. Most countries in the 1st world are more democratic than Thailand. If you think otherwise, you are only trying to make excuses for thailand.

Look at the current US election. Obama won. Not only was he black, but many white people in the south really hate him. To think that people don't give a dam_n about politics is ludicrous. However, time after time, when asked, most of these white voters who hate Obama are able to put aside their feelings and not do anything violent for the sake of the country.

Yes, its true. Thailand does not have a "true" democracy -- or anything close to what most 1st world "democractic" countries have. But you reap what you sow.

Thai Economy now worse.. more division among citizens. Poor people now see themselves as being disenfranchised. Expect more violence down the line. Oh well, i think there is a thai saying: "som na mung"

I suggest you read the definition of "democracy". It's more than just voting.

An individual's votes don't actually count for much. I believe Al Gore had more of the popular vote than GW, but he still lost, and ( not sure ) but think Tone Bliar won with a minority of votes in his last election.

To blame the worsening Thai economy purely on the PAD is somewhat disengenuous. Due to the reduced demand for exports, in turn due to greedy bankers in USA and Europe, Thai workers were always going to be in the doo doo next year.

Due to people's extremely short memories, if not for the economic crisis, things would be back to normal in a few weeks. The Phuket airport was closed but a short time ago, yet it made no difference to the supposed 100,000 tourists who were stranded this time.

PARTY DISSOLUTION

People Power, Chart Thai and Matchima Thipataya parties disbanded

BANGKOK: -- The Constitution Court on Tuesday ruled to disband three coalition parties, People Power, Chart Thai and Matchima Thipataya, and banned the three's party executives from electoral process for five years.

The high court held the three parties for accountability on electoral fraud involving party executives, Yongyuth Tiyapairat of People Power, Monthien Songpracha of Chart Thai and Sunthorn Wilawan of Matchima Thipataya.

In the fraud case linked to People Power Party, the high court cited the Yongyuth conviction by the Supreme Court as the ground to penalise the ruling party.

For cases linked to Chart Thai and Matchima Thipataya, it invoked the rulings by the Election Commission as the basis to punish the two parties.

The nine presiding judges reached unanimous decisions against People Power and Matchima Thipataya parties. And they formed the eight-to-one decision to punish Chart Thai.

The high court opined that the punishment by disbandment was mandatory as sanctioned by Article 237 of the Constitution and that it had no leeway to selectively punish the party executives on the individual basis.

-- The Nation 2008-12-02

I take it you haven't read his 190 comment over the last 2 days. Go ahead and browse through them and tell me how realistic his opinion's are :o I guess labeling a group of people that don't share the same opinion are mindless dumb monkeys that deserve to die is realistic......................................

Facts are, for most of the world's population, it is unacceptable to seize one of the world's largest airports for a week, no matter what you are protesting. The airport occupation didn't change the outcome of the courts. Also a fact, in most civilized countries, seizing an international airport, would have caused the police and possibly army move in within minutes and get rid of the protesters, if needed by force. Tell me how US authorities would have acted if the JFK airport was seized by armed protesters? How the Spanish authorities would have acted if the Madrid Barajas airport was seized by armed protesters? Or how Dutch authorities would have acted if the Schiphol airport in Amsterdam was seized by armed protesters?

If you have a different opinion, fine. But the authorities in these and most other countries would have acted much differently to prevent the economic disaster that Thailand and it's people will be facing in the coming months and years.

To me, the PAD are monkeys (and that's saying it nicely). That's my opinion, I've never asked you to accept or share it.

My opinion doesn't hurt anyone, but PAD's actions do and will.

Here, here, Rainman!! Totally rational, logical and accurate statement. My (Thai) wife couldn't agree more, too!

Who gives a sh** what the "international community" ( whatever that may REALLY be ) thinks! You're giving way too much respect to an impotent and useless illusion. What did the "international community" ever do re: Zimbabwe, Burma, Dem Rep Congo, Rawanda and the illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Err... think about what you've said there....: What did the international community NOT do re Zimbabwe, Burma, Dem Rep Congo, Rawanda...? Check out the levels of foreign investment in manufacturing. International tourism figures... There's a whole new world out there with lower barriers to trade and investment which fuel economic growth for countries considered safe, stable and with a strong respect for law and order. Do you want Thailand to be viewed in the same category as the above countries?

Err... think about what you've said there....: What did the international community NOT do re Zimbabwe, Burma, Dem Rep Congo, Rawanda...? Check out the levels of foreign investment in manufacturing. International tourism figures... There's a whole new world out there with lower barriers to trade and investment which fuel economic growth for countries considered safe, stable and with a strong respect for law and order. Do you want Thailand to be viewed in the same category as the above countries?

LOL WUT! There's going to be less international investment in Thailand because protesters closed 2 airports for week?

IMO there are much bigger factors involved (e.g., laws on foreign investment, laws on foreign ownership, general business laws...).

Yes, you are up for adding Thailand to that list !

LOL WUT! There's going to be less international investment in Thailand because protesters closed 2 airports for week?

IMO there are much bigger factors involved (e.g., laws on foreign investment, laws on foreign ownership, general business laws...).

Laugh all you like Erobando. But perhaps you could consider my comments in context.

And frankly, YES: the scale of demonstrations and problems in Thailand over the last six months - leading up to the airport and then the illegal siege - will make people in the boardrooms of international companies think twice about Thailand if they are considering where to build new plants in Asia. You're right to say laws on foreign ownership, etc, influence the decision. Obviously. But so do images of transportation hubs being out of action, people waving weapons around in the streets - and the Thai authorities/Govt have in the last week demonstrated utter weakness in confronting crime and maintaining essential services.

With respect I do think it is naive to think none of that influences foreign investment.