Flights To Resume At Suvarnabhumi

McLovin

just saw on BBC that Airport will officially re-open 4th December, midnight ie in time for King's Birthday and that all PAD protests will stop then

Which would make a lot more sense then the 15th december date, I mean why would they need 13 days to ensure the airport's security, surely that can be done a whole lot quicker.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing Thailand!, really though, all those people amoaning and agroaning about being stuck in Thailand (having chosen to have their holidays in a country currently suffering political turmoil) and not able to get home....if I had to choose a country to be stranded in you could do a lot worse than choose Thailand!....just go and chill out on the beach for another two weeks and be gratefull!....Thailand is great! there's always something crazy going on!.....

Some people are losing their jobs, others are losing millions of Baht in business. I guess you should tell them yourself that they should go to the beach for another 2 weeks to relax and see how they answer. :o

just saw on BBC that Airport will officially re-open 4th December, midnight ie in time for King's Birthday and that all PAD protests will stop then

Closed, Open.

In the 21st century and double RCA's being:

-Root Cause Analysis-

-Risk-Compensation Analysis-

First, by airlines in this case (other industries as well-thats secondary as Airport closure is primary catalyst):

Numbers being crunched say: No good. Zero credibility. Root & Risk factors dangerously higher than any margins.

Welcome to the new "Amazing Thailand"

AOT president ready to arrange special zone for PAD rallies at airports

That should give tourists their first tourist attraction right when they land at Suvarnabhumi! Go visit the PAD protest zone, and a chance to win a photo opportunity with Chamlong or Sondhi! Then move on to the Dusit Zoo or the Crocodile Farm....

yeah buy them yellow shirts and bandanas at duty free prices.

AOT and PAD will jointly conduct the screening of passengers into the airport.

-The Nation

This is simply ridiculous!

Hey, to the poster above (MellowYellow Post#31)... at least they can assure the western governments that the airport is "secured by PAD".

:o

<deleted>???

Those protesters have ABSOLUTELY no jurisdiction to screen anyone for any reason at all.

like i said before, PAD has no reason to leave and now they have the west wing.

imagine that

From a personal point, I am overjoyed that the airport appears to be opening again and sincerely hope that is the case.

I would much rather go to Swampy than U Tapao as it will cut my journey by at least 16 hours back down to 40 hours travel time.

Phoning my beloved today with the news she is also very happy, so you can add 2 of us to the 'happy people list'.

Here's hoping they get it all sorted for the start of next week :o

I cannot see it up and running for a week even if they left Tonight

Might see the Odd Flight out, Even thats good News

Thank You Padywack Give them all A bone

This Old Man is going Home.

Later

I would have bet my shorts a few hours ago that I would not be seeing any parades outside the government house today, so please tell me what I am watching on Television right now. Seriously.... confused.

yeah i saw it too - think it was a reply of something a while back?

Great, now people who were expecting to fly late November have to deal with rebooking their tickets. With all the backlog of people not having been able to fly, the people who intended to get a flight out earlier will not be able to fly for a month due to the fully booked planes. I was supposed to fly out on the 26th of November. I just called Gulf Air (Their website says flight are canceled until the 4th of December) to rebook my ticket and they said the earliest possible is December 30th! Great... so now not only have the PAD screwed me over, but well Im screwed because of fully booked planes... Thats totally F'ed up.... :o

Amazing Thailand!, really though, all those people amoaning and agroaning about being stuck in Thailand (having chosen to have their holidays in a country currently suffering political turmoil) and not able to get home....if I had to choose a country to be stranded in you could do a lot worse than choose Thailand!....just go and chill out on the beach for another two weeks and be gratefull!....Thailand is great! there's always something crazy going on!.....

Some people are losing their jobs, others are losing millions of Baht in business. I guess you should tell them yourself that they should go to the beach for another 2 weeks to relax and see how they answer. :o

Rainman, stop being a drama Queen !

That was an amusing post from sunreader and it also highlights that there are winners and losers in all this. I have gained an extra 8 days stay out of this and the local economy in my small bit of Buriram has benefited - notably, the local bar.

More knowledgeable people have probably correctly identified that - if you want to put the 'blame' on PAD - they have created a short-term difficulty that will result in a long-term benefit for the Thais. Remember, that is all that matters Thai rak Thai, chai mai ? I doubt many Thais will have gone down (forgive the phrase) during this 'crisis'.

Edited by Chaimai

The point seems to be to get the airport at least 'technically' open for midnight 4th December, before HM The King's birthday. Whether flights will be able to actually operate by that time is another question entirely.

Guess I should believe it when my butt is ensconced in a plane bound for home and I'm at cruising altitude.

as I said before BBC and CNN only like when things are bad like Jonathan Head as usual getting ahead of himself and not reporting the corruption in this goverment only je wis you know they stop all the planes in Bangkok :o

How come Australian News are reporting this but CNN and Thai News don't?

Yes, what a place to get stuck in!!! :o:D:D

PAD - they have created a short-term difficulty that will result in a long-term benefit for the Thais.

Best you get back to propping up your local economy Chaimai, maybe the bartender will believe that crap.

Agreed!

What they have in fact done is created long term damage to Thailand, its reputation and its economy and short term benefit to an overwhelmingly small but loud minority.

I'm very glad that my/my wife's family and friends are the "uneducated masses" in the country. You can take your educated elite and shove them up your departure lounge.

PAD - they have created a short-term difficulty that will result in a long-term benefit for the Thais.

Best you get back to propping up your local economy Chaimai, maybe the bartender will believe that crap.

maybe the bartender will believe that crap.

I disagree. The bartender will not believe the crap. He will however, with a smile agree; and sell you another beer.

Raiman, stop being a drama Queen !

That was an amusing post from sunreader and it also highlights that there are winners and losers in all this. I have gained an extra 8 days stay out of this and the local economy in my small bit of Buriram has benefited - notably, the local bar.

More knowledgeable people have probably correctly identified that - if you want to put the 'blame' on PAD - they have created a short-term difficulty that will result in a long-term benefit for the Thais. Remember, that is all that matters Thai rak Thai, chai mai ? I doubt many Thais will have gone down (forgive the phrase) during this 'crisis'.

I think PAD is the real drama queen here. I feel sad for the thousands of yellow-shirts that thought sitting at the airports for a week changed the outcome of the court's decisions in any way.

And I doubt that billions in losses and millions of lost jobs with have any benefit to the Thai people. Every cent that was lost could have been spent improving the country instead of losing it. And the millions that have or will lose their jobs will make themselves heard in one way or another yet to come. Sadly, one of those ways will likely be an increase in crime.

PAD Ceases all protests Yes that's a link you can click on.

I personally have lost nearly 160,000 Baht & four Thai Airways flights with no idea when and if they will go, and, most likely, will end up having to go to Kuala Lumpur to initiate my flight to the US for Christmas.

Not whining, just <deleted> glad that this part of the protest is coming to a close. Everyone in our family has been more than a little concerned, and not sleeping well at all.

Glad it's almost over.

:o

On the up side "Cover-more travel insurance Australia"will honour all the insurance policies sold to customers in Thailand,even though they are not obliged to do so."Insurance does not cover civil unrest",is the usual response.Mondial assistance insurance also state they will honour claims for people who purchased comprehensive insurance.YOU DID GET INSURANCE,DIDN'T YOU?I never leave home without it. :o

ALL PAD Who took part in this "Protest" Should recive a Medal

For holding the airport for over 7 days.

Resisting all atempts to retake it

Beating off attacks from Government forces

And taking prisoners.

This Sacrifice was made in order to get the Government we want. and to ReEducate The Masses Up North.

To The Police Forces. Who severly outnumbered, Valiantly attempted to Retake The Airport

You Will Recive another Row of Ribbons and Three Medals One for going. one for attendance. and one for reporting back.

for the Officer Who was Taken Prisoner. Sorry you were Crap

Got That Crap Crap Crap.

:o:D:D

Just a thought but with the damage to the economy with the loss of tourism, i wonder will they stop farang pricing in lots of places to get us back :D

I would happily settle for the Australian dollar to go back up,but it does not look like it's going to happen........ :D I have seen it go from 33 baht,all the way down to 21 baht....As my pay comes from Australia,that is a fairly severe pay cut... :D Maybe i can join the PAD,i hear they pay well......LOL :o