Do You Need To Ship Anything From The Uk To Chiang Mai?

JuniorExPat

Whilst in the UK sorting through house contents I'm thinking that I have quite a lot of stuff that I want to ship home to Chiang Mai but not enough to fill a container.

I have a friend in Chiang Mai who has a couple of things that he would like to ship and he previously mentioned that he would share the costs of a container but still it would not make a full containerload.

Without committing yourself, does anyone on the forum need to ship anything from the UK and if so would you be interested in sharing a container?

Costs would have to be shared fairly, the shipping agent would have to be the one to work out the split so that all participants could be sure there was no profiteering going on etc - but those are details, for now I'd like to know if there is any interest, if there is then I will make some more enquiries.

Thanks,

JxP

I've had somebody contact me on this via PM so I thought it worth mentioning that if you don't want to discuss the shipping of your family heirlooms in an open forum then you are more than welcome to send me a message.

It also occurred to me that the title of the thread may be misleading - it could be a 40ft container if there is enough to fill it, we just don't want to be shipping too much fresh air.

JxP

I've had somebody contact me on this via PM so I thought it worth mentioning that if you don't want to discuss the shipping of your family heirlooms in an open forum then you are more than welcome to send me a message.

It also occurred to me that the title of the thread may be misleading - it could be a 40ft container if there is enough to fill it, we just don't want to be shipping too much fresh air.

JxP

Hi

Mid year I shared a small sea-going box (3 cu meters) with another Chiang Mai Brit. I think this is called 'consolidating'.

We very strongly recommend the Bkk based comapany Asian Tigers/Transpo (2 names like so many Thai companies. They used a collection & packing outfit in UK named Whites.

Terrific service, fluent English, constantly updated information. Just faultless!

Hi

Mid year I shared a small sea-going box (3 cu meters) with another Chiang Mai Brit. I think this is called 'consolidating'.

We very strongly recommend the Bkk based comapany Asian Tigers/Transpo (2 names like so many Thai companies. They used a collection & packing outfit in UK named Whites.

Terrific service, fluent English, constantly updated information. Just faultless!

Thanks for the glowing recommendation, noted and appreciated.

JxP

where is container please? and would a 45 kg package be too small to be worth it? (about the size of two large rucksacks) - its a paraglider...

I think thats about 100 or 200 pounds to fedex over.

thanks

Edited by SomNamNah

where is container please? and would a 45 kg package be too small to be worth it? (about the size of two large rucksacks) - its a paraglider...

I think thats about 100 or 200 pounds to fedex over.

thanks

It's all at the research stage right now!

I have four people interested (not including your good self yet) and I'll be getting a better idea of the costs and logistics sometime this week.

PM me with your email address and the postcode for your paraglider and I'll keep you informed - no commitment, just checking it all out.

JxP